Countess of Chester Hospital

Countess of Chester Hospital Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews

High paced. Not appreciated

Not enough support and very high turnover of staff. Poor management for full time staff. Always short staffed. Over run your work day when you’ve already worked a 13 hour shift.

Pros

Over time and better rate of pay at weekends and nights.

Cons

Long hours, understaffed.

Busy

Bank staff not recognised as members of staff treated differently in all aspects of work and not recognised when it comes to benefits of working in NHS

Insights into Countess of Chester Hospital

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Expect to be pushed to your limit

Understaffed place to work. Staff are drowning in work with very little support.The job itself is good and interesting, however it’s a huge workload for what you get paid compared to other higher banding jobs.

Fun to work

Good place to work Been happy with working at the countess of Chester Hospital I have worked at the countess of Chester hospital for the last 21 years

Bad

No support from management, sadly no support in completing MSc. I don't want to comment further, it has been a very negative experience. bsGFIQgfuisqpFUI;bfiubqsUVBAv

Excellent teamwork enviroment

Chester is a small but busy unit, however there is an excellent team work ethic amongst staff also a very good level of collaborative care across the multi-disciplinary workforce.

Friendly, helpful and supportive

I have worked within the Countess for many years and have found it very friendly and supportive. I have been supported by my colleagues throughout my studies and have made many friends along the way

Care

I have worked at the countess of Chester 11 years The work there is great staff are hard working and we all work hard and as a team and work hard....

Pros

Cons

Very busy

Busy but on the whole enjoyable place to work

Opportunities for professional development, good work colleagues. downside long shifts and not set days. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a variety of people from all walks of life, caring and making a difference to peoples lives. Typical day at work involves, personal care ie, washing, changing patients, feeding patients, taking patient observations.

Very satisfying.

Working in this hospital helped me in many ways, each of which aided me in learning new skills and educate myself more in terms on how such environment works.

Pros

Hours are chosen by me.

Cons

Nothing.

Fun workplace

I have personally found that the work experience at Countess of Chester Hospital really enjoyable. We listened to presentations of doctors and their experiences.

Pros

Nice staffs

Cons

Busy wards.

Typical Day at work

typical day at work, I would do a 7 hour shift in which I would spend my time serving customers if it be busy but if it is not then I would clean the cafe shop down prepared for the following week.

pleasant working atmosphere

I loved working at the Countess the job was informative , the people very pleasant and the training was intensive. A typical day would include dealing with the post, filing, answering the phones and data imputing.

Pros

free lunches and parking

Cons

dealing with unsettling information

Productive and engaging but hard to progress

A typical day in work for me starts at 7.30am where I spend a small section of my day getting paperwork ready for the day ahead. I then have to count stock and check day surgery lists for the week. By doing this I can order stock that will be needed for the week ahead. I am then in minor surgery procedures from around 9.30 am until 12.45pm. In this time I will see around 10 service users and with the assistance of other carers, we help our supervisor prepare and complete the minor surgery in a safe and effective manner. The most difficult part of my day can be when a service user becomes poorly. This can range from something as simple as needing oxygen therapy to more life threatening incidents, such as heavy bleeding or cardiac arrests. These incidents can escalate quickly so I need to be able to confidently and efficiently get the correct help that the service user requires. One of the most enjoyable parts of the day is the interaction I get with service users, their families and the diverse group of people I work with. Seeing that a service user has had the best experience possible and that the people I work with are safe and happy in their work environment.

Pros

Good colleague relaitonships, seeing the service user has a great experince.

Cons

Lack of staff at times, hard to progress.

Ambiente de trabajo muy bueno

Despues de 2 año trabajando en el extranjero he tenido muy buena experiencia tanto laboral como social. Muy buen equipo de trabajo que me ha permitido incrementar mis conocimientos como enfermera.

Hard place to work

Long shifts, usually over worked and under paid. Some management difficult to approach with things. Staff however do go the extra mile for patients.

Good place to work friendly helpful staff. Good progression good training. Hours that suit you. Pay rises each year. Brilliant pensions good benefits

Welcoming

As a volunteer working alongside this service I found the workplace very welcoming and given tasks explained to myself fully. Although I was only a volunteer the benefits were still worthy of my time as I received free lunches and parking. From my own choice of long hours I found my overall experience worthwhile but the only issue I had was running out of set work.

Great place

Wonderful place to work, very friendly, very good team work, willing to help me and others. The job was very straightforward and I was left to get on with my work, but supported when needed.

Management problems

Hard work for little pay and little appreciation from management. Pay subsidised by working unsociable hours. Long hours 13 hour shifts. Most enjoyable part of the job is looking after patients although this is very pressured so not enough time is able to be spent with patients and you often feel rushed.

friendly and effience

courses available yearly to increase knowlegde, full training given. typical day to day would be greeting patients at front desk booking them in for prodecures, inputting information on computer, speaking to patients over phone and booking or cancelling prodecures, dealing with nurses and doctors requests, filling paperwork, general office maintainance.

Pros

excellent work team

Cons

angry patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countess of Chester Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Countess of Chester Hospital with

Countess of Chester Hospital reviews by location

• Countess of Chester Hospital
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?