Countrywide

Countrywide Employee Reviews in Manchester

Manchester11 reviews

progressionbranchtargetpropertycolleaguewagecommissionrole

Long Hours, Poor Wages

Lovely staff within the branch, But nothing is good enough pushing for more from higher up. The hours are very long and draining doesn’t give you a work life balance 6 day weeks some weeks which can be very tiring and the wages are very poor for the long hours you work. deductions when you leave making it pointless for you to even work a notice as they take 700+ from your work for no valid reasons.I wouldn’t recommend working here as it’s not good for your lifestyle & definitely wouldn’t make you happy within yourself. All work no Time to yourself pretty poor

Pros

2 full weekends off a month

Cons

Long Hours, Low Pay, deductions, Covid

Horrible And Fake Managers, Stressful, Underpaid And Poor Working Environment

This is the worst place you could ever work for as a property lawyer or case progressor. During recruitment, they will feed you with so many lies but after you get the job you will realise how horrible it is. The training is poor, badly structured and the trainer is rude and unprofessional. Then after training the job itself is stressful so many calls with a poor system, unrealistic targets, the managers and supervisor got no people skills, they are fake and they will mistreat you. It's all about politics in there, lots of gossipping and if you can play the game you will have an OK life and promotion even if you're not good at the job but if you can't expect to be treated horribly

Insights into Countrywide

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

great place to work if you want to progress

if you put in the work you get rewarded, if you work hard and do well you can progress Can be a great company for the right people , people are great and leadership supportive

Great team culture

Enjoyed the team and management of the team. Good training and opportunity to progress was encouraged. Friendly and not overly corporate for such a large company. Good hours and salary.

Call Centre Culture

They bill the way they run things as a progressive legal firm and try to outshine other Conveyancing firms yet as they are so fixated on call centre style stats this process suffers. Misinformation and incorrect information given by people on the phone can damage a transaction and as many of the phone staff are not adequately trained up before they go live this is common.

Countrywide will drain you, micro management, figures figures figures everyday!

In 2014, Countrywide employed 250 trainee mortgage consultants nationally, within 12 months 90% had left the company at a cost of 3 million pounds..... There are constant higher management changes, along with weak branch managers.... Salaries are constantly dropping unless you are a top performer....multiple financial penalties for pended cases.... Constant I T issues, every other day something happens, no phones, no internet connection etc.......we're told it's work in progress, but after 18 - 24 months, something isn't right....we're just fobbed off. Frustratingly, they pay higher salaries to newbies, who then leave within 18 months, so if you have the gift of the gab push them for more.... I could go on and on.....

Pros

You have the option to leave!

Cons

The job will make you ill with all the stress...

productive

Assistant team leader/training ambassador managed and taught consultants and new starters meeting new people training systems and procedures

Great place to work for 'workers'

Working for Countrywide is great and really rewarding for those who want to work and not shirk! Lots of opportunities to develop and progress and management encouragement. Brilliant people within the business and a fantastic strategy, 2016 is the year where the rewards and benefits are a top priority and already everyone can see the benefits every day. Would encourage anyone to join.

Pros

Good packages and rewards

Cons

Expect you to work hard (not really a con)

Productive and driven

As a Customer Relations officer, from a daily task system, I provide an outbound call service to a current customer base, our call structure involves, introduction, reason for call, collating key points, clarify, offer relevant resolution, bridging statement. I deliver a call collaborate quality service to the structure of the call. I am responsible for my volume of tasks, and these can be carried forward into the next day. My co-workers are a younger work group, and I do play an active role in my team. The hardest part of the job, is the shifts, latest finishing at 7pm in Manchester, and the commute to Manchester can add 2-4 hours onto my working day. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a solution to enable the customer to see a sensible way forward.

Pros

Free Bread role

Cons

Commute into Manchester

Stressful

Very stressful environment, blame culture and responsibilities always got passed on. low wages, long hours of work. No life - work balance

hard work payed well

work time 8.00 till finish (9.00pm)great work ethicworst part of the job was loading lorrys up after you had done your round..

Pros

cantten

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countrywide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Countrywide with

Learn about Countrywide in Manchester

• Countrywide
  • Manchester
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?