Countrywide

Countrywide Employee Reviews in Milton Keynes

Milton Keynes19 reviews

progressionbranchtargetpropertycolleaguewagecommissionrole

Fast paced professional workplace

Working in the Financial Services team, security is very important. Training is very good and on-going. I have working for the company for 25 years in various roles. There is always chance to change teams

Pros

Parking

Cons

Not able to do flexible working

A career not a job well worth a look at and part of a really large groupGood team around you and fast pace to work in Highly recommend a role here and keen to introduce my friends

Pros

the size of business

Cons

Poor leadership

Insights into Countrywide

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Do not work for this company

Stay away from this company unless you're happy to be used as a puppet. There is a bullying culture that needs to be addressed, as the wrong person could really loose their cool.If you're happy to suck up to everyone then this is the place for you. If you don't agree with the masses then you become disliked. If you're an ethnic minority stay away as well. You cannot be yourself ATALL nd the rest of the ethnic minority people are so scared to be themselves that they avoid their kind. Crazy!Don't get me started on management. Unqualified, unprofessional and rude people they take on as managers. As long as you have banter, in other words if you are rude you will blend in.Worst place I've ever worked in... It will leave you angry, depressed and drained.

Pros

Birthday day off

Cons

No structure

Countrywide

Working for Countrywide has defined my career, I have worked myself up starting as a temp within the fleet department. Then progressing through to the HR department. Countrywide has been very accommodating with my career progressions.

Friendly people and support from management. Relaxed dress code and flexibility to work from home. Overall a great experience. Would work there again.

Relaxed culture, supportive management

The management are very supportive and approachable. The teams are small, helpful and friendly. A lot of the staff have worked there for a long time, and people who leave often come back again. The workplace culture is hard working but still relaxed. People seem to enjoy their role and work hard, but there is little pressure. The dress code is smart/casual e.g. shirt and jeans. Fridays are dress down days but cannot wear leggings or ripped jeans. We regularly have opportunities to get together and discuss how things can be changed/improved. The salary is low and there are not many opportunities to progress. However, that is more to do with the current financial performance than the attitude of management. It is possible to job shadow and to change teams within Financial Services. It is promotion and pay rises which are limited in opportunity. The biggest issue is the lack of parking, which is due to estate management and not the business.

Pros

Free parking, free tea and coffee, summer BBQ, christmas parties, social activities

Cons

Pay, limited parking, progression opportunities

Great place to work with some amazing people

I worked here for a while and made some great friends, and was free to do my best work. There is a really nice work culture there too. A great place to work with some amazing people.

Pros

Work with great people

Cons

The shareprice may scare you off - but don't let it.

Not ideal for someone wanting proper accounting experience

Mostly surrounded commissions, not much exposure to finance/accounting/business partnering otherwise. Good exposure to speak to different levels of the business.

Pros

Free Parking

Cons

Little Progression

Awful, just Awful

Terrible managers, horrendous working conditions, zero chance of getting a parking space. HR Admin was like a revolving door and Ive heard nothing has changed.

Pros

lake views

Cons

managers. bully culture.

Great team - work hard culture

Countrywide have a great work/life culture. They are flexible and understanding of peoples needs. The senior management is very top heavy and tend to get involved in things that shouldn't need their input.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Lots of senior management

Decent

Relaxed environment , nice staff and location next to the lake was nice. Overall, decent company to work for. Would recommend the company to potential employees

Fun and enjoyable place to work

The team i worked for was very nice and helpful, management were on the ball. Had a good time working there and met some great people. Fridays were always fun

very rewarding company to do my internship for

I gained valuable experience in my short time doing an internship with Countrywide. I shadowed a very experienced Business Relationship Manager during his normal working day. I attended meetings with them, replied to and sent emails, and also listened to various talks from other experienced employees.

I enjoyed working for Countrywide

Nice place to work, with good benefits. Remote location, with problematic parking as there are not enough spaces for all staff. Nice offices with some good people.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Difficult parking

A nice place to work

Busy working environment Management and co workers are extremely busy people. Kept up to date with all emails etc. Had to travel into London to Corporate Head Office once a month for team meetings. Nice place to work but the I.T. has a long way to catch up.

Pros

Decent on site cafeteria

Cons

Parking!!

Do not work for them

Not a good place to work, management do not have a clue. Paid more than the staff that carry them with years of experience & treated with no or little respect, rudeness at times. Management have not worked up through the ranks to learn the mortgage industry business they rely on the likes of the hard workers that do not get noticed for a good job & paid a lot less.. Face fits & back hand positions that are not advertised but made up & given. DPA & FCA joke if customers only new If you are looking for respect, honesty, for a good days graft don't think you will get it at Countrywide someone else will take your glory on a much higher pay.. Than you

Pros

Learnt how to not treat people

Cons

Wear little dresses, high heels, Fashion fest

productive with lots of pressure

the work day was a good day starting at 8:00 am finishing at 6:00, i learnt a few skills with selling properties as well as services that are included in targets, although not a lot of training was provided., my co workers were great to work with and helped with sales and getting to target, the hardest part of the job was hitting the sales for the month, i enjoyed the meeting new people and being able to drive around to meet people ate new and current houses.

Pros

good commission

Cons

management didn't have any passion

Learnt alot

Enjoyed working for this company. They were in their infancy in terms of IT and process but I think they could have been quite successful by maintaining their staff rather than outsourcing.

A challenging role

I have been with Countrywide for over seven years, starting off, specifically, working in the Surveying division and then moving to the Group role in 2010. A typical day involves providing advice and guidance to all levels of staff on health and safety, including ensuring that the company and its staff fulfill their legal obligations. The role includes providing health and safety training, visiting branches.offices to conduct health and safety risk assessments/audits, ensuring that accidents/incidents are fully investigated in case of a future claim and dealing with issues as they arise. Since I have been with Countrywide I have been faced with many challenes, which I incidentally enjoy, but the main one has been managing health and safety on a very limited budget. Other challenges have included trying to change the health and safety culture and working with Senior Management. I have learned how to be a better Manager of people, how to work on a tight budget and how take criticism better to improve myself as a person and a Manager. The hardest part of my job is managing health and safety on a limited budget and trying to change the culture in a company where a lot of people are very negative towards the benefits of an effective health and safety system. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people and trying to make a difference, every day.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Limited budget

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countrywide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement