Countrywide

Countrywide Employee Reviews for Branch Manager

Branch Manager14 reviews
United Kingdom14 reviews

progressionbranchtargetpropertycolleaguewagecommissionrole

Lots of promise not delivered

Promise you the earth and sell what a fantastic company it is to work for but the senior management team are not connected with their in branch staff. The staff in branch are generally superb but the pressure and little thanks makes it difficult to motivate your team. Any small mistake and you will be disciplined instead of improved and guided and whatever happens, don't get unwell. They will throw the book at you for this. Could be such a brilliant place to work if they changed certain people in their senior management.

Great company

Upper management really recognise the hard work that the branches put in and you are rewarded not only with commission structure, but also with a clear progression path.

Insights into Countrywide

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

The worst company to work for

Well, what can I say this this company. The culture is shocking, you are not a team member, you are an employee number. There is no work life balance, and Countrywide is full of micromanagement. The management are a joke, the do not support you, and they often talk about you behind you back and then they are nice to your face. It’s a very toxic environment to be around. Anyone thinking of joining Countrywide, don’t!

Pros

Cons

Poor pay, undervalued, toxic management, no work life balance..

Tread carefully if you thinking of joining Countrywide

Terribly disappointing and extremely stressful environment to work in. Limited resources coupled with bully style and micro-management making it an aweful place to work.

Worst company I have ever worked for. A horrible experience.

They have a high turnover of staff which is hardly surprising. Management is unapproachable and intimidating. I was supposed to have six months training, which was a joke. Culture of gossip and backstabbing. You have to wait months for expenses to be reimbursed.

Good company to work for

Have worked for CW for nearly 7 years and would recommend to anyone, they reward hard work and the expectations of you and your team are made really clear

Progression

Having started as a sales negotiator within the company I have quickly progressed throughout the business. I would recommend Countrywide to any one looking for a career in this sector

Long term career

I joined Countrywide when I was 24 years old. I started at a Sales Negotiator which I loved, and I have worked my way up through the Countrywide career path to valuer and I then Manager. I have since been the Executive Branch Manager of three branches over the 16 years I have worked here. We try and recruit from within the company for Valuer and Manager positions so if you work hard and perform well you can progress quickly. I have never wanted to work for another estate agents as I feel the service standards of Countrywide are above and beyond. It is a fun place to work and I have gained lovely friendships with my colleagues over the years.

Dreadful company , offering nothing to staff ,.AVOID !!!

This company is being run ( into the ground ) by non-estate agents . The middle-management are a bunch of spineless yes men They have lost their core of experienced agents and most of their office staff are kids .

Pros

ziltch

Cons

Everything .

Work hard, play hard approach

Great place to work, they really believe in promoting from within and I have personally benefitted from this. The benefits are great and there is a real structure and training programme in place for this that need it.

Lost Potential

Could be a great company but they are so concerned with One Countrywide, may end up No Countrywide ! New employees have to have wages top up because below minimum wage All hierarchy too EA focused

Pros

Managers can be well paid, Nice offices

Cons

Staff Turnover, Branch Closures = Only want "Yes" men

Estate Agency is a good career...Cuntrywide are awful employers!

Please excuse my spelling.... :ahem: anyway....I love being an estate agent. Love it. Its a great career, and if you are good at it it has its rewards. Well...it did have until Countrywide, the U.K's leading property service group (but by no means the best) buys your brilliant independent brand & then instills a "sell our conveyancing/survey/mortgage services at all cost" ethos. All of which are double the price of local conveyancers/surveyors etc etc plus are absolutely rubbish. You want to be the best you can yet your job means you have to try to push terrible products down the throats of your customers, people you know locally, and probably have for many years. Its shortsighted at best. So, I strongly suggest that you look for a nice independent agent to work for, someone who has customer service excellence at their very core, not a huge corporate who doesnt know you, doesnt care about you, has condescending corporate w*nkers at their summit & after all that has been said and done, dont even pay you that well. One can only hope that they implode & the majority of their parts go back to being great independents once again. Think that covers it. :D

Pros

You finish at 17.30?

Cons

Total lack of leadership/guidance from Countrywide "management"

Not the company it was 2 years ago

Look no further than the CEO and senior management team! Don't believe me, just check the share price......no property experience between them, forced out everyone with any knowledge....they won't see the year out!

Pros

Pay structure

Cons

Do not listen to staff

Awful corporate who doesn't care about employees!!

This is your very typical money driven, faceless corporate who do not care about it's employees! They promise benefits, training and career progression but don't deliver. Lots of back biting within offices and stabbing in the back up and down the management.

Pros

There aren't any!

Cons

Too many to mention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countrywide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Countrywide with

Learn about Countrywide in popular locations

• Countrywide