Countrywide

Manager11 reviews
United Kingdom11 reviews

progressionbranchtargetpropertycolleaguewagecommissionrole

Real Bad place

This place is the worst. They treat everybody like nobody, including employees and customers. . They do not like to pay their employees and also hard time getting refunded to customers. Chose wisely

I like it here

Much like any sales job you put in the effort you will reap the rewards hours can be long but that is the nature of the industry the company is very much on the up again after the disasters of previous regimes

Insights into Countrywide

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Great career opportunities

Despite other reviews, over the last 6.5 years I have found the management very supportive and the company offers an excellent level of training and progressional opportunities. The hours are standard (37.5) and commission is uncapped, which is excellent!

Pros

Good commission, free use of services such as financial advise, reduction in solicitor fees etc. social events with the team

Cons

Lower basic salary offered than competitors but higher earning potential with commission

Toxic working environment

Awful awful company. The toxic working environment is similar to that of an abusive relationship. The management are nothing but bullies sitting on massive salaries benefiting from the real workers who earn pennies. Conference calls most days, micro management and poor wages.

Pros

Cons

Listed above

Awful management and terrible work/life balance

This company make you feel lucky that they’ve taken you on, you are constantly reminded you’re replaceable. The middle management are the problem here. Some branches are so low performing it’s laughable but it’s the others that take the brunt. Constant change in staff. Terrible IT systems. It personally took me a long time and a lot of debt to get paid reasonably which is the only reason I stayed so long!

Pros

Pay will get better after 10 years

Cons

Poor management poor IT no benefits poor work/life balance

Poor practices and empty promises

When i joined the company I was very positive about a future there, however the feeling became overshadowed within about 18 months by empty promises and lack of proper training. There are many occasions where managers were caught out lying about what conversations had taken place. I quickly learnt to get every meeting and discussion followed up in writing to make sure you have a trail! Very seldom would there be support given by upper management. 121's were a waste of time and not worth the paper they were written on, requests for training ignored and genuine concerns about what could be considered bullying raised were not followed up or taken seriously even with the evidence provided to back it up. Unfortunately I was left with a feeling that the more underhanded you are and the more you are willing to stab others in the back the further you would go, evidenced by witnessing some of the practices supported by upper management. Getting by on ones integrity is not something this business promoted at the time I was there. I was not willing to knock others down for no reason on my way up so I knew I would not fit in there much longer.

Pros

retail benefits are good

Cons

poor culture made for unhappy work place

Productive Office

Friendly atmosphere. The people are great to work with. There is plenty of opportunity to be had. On site training and development. Learning of all different roles within the centre. great customer service training received.

Pros

Free hot drinks

Cons

Salary doesn't move

No security and no correct management.

Very poor management... No team building or direction... no one knows what they have to do to move forward.. a very disappointing experience.. Very high staff turn over and no loyalty.. You are treated as a number and not an individual.. Sorry to say I expected much more from such a large PLC.

Job security versus work life balance

The job security is good, progression is excellent. Management are hit and miss, the overall strategy has been weak. Salary is comparatively low, but benefits are good such as employee discounts on services and the benefits website. Work life balance is very bad. Only do the job if you love it.

Sales & Lettings Consultant positions

I have worked for the company twice. Once in sales and the other time in lettings. Both times I have been promoted and fast tracked in to management. I have worked for another Corporate Estate agent and they were awful compared to Countrywide. The people are what make the company and in both Sales & Lettings, Countrywide are good at what they do. I also feel we are the market leader and set a pretty good standard compared to our competitors. The training is good and if you are serious about working in this industry and developing as a good sales consultant then an experience with Countrywide will not do you any harm. We have gone through some management changes but that is part of Corporate life. If you want a company where you have scope for future progression and are professional come and work for this company. I have twice and I know many people who left and also came back.

Great place to work for 'workers'

Working for Countrywide is great and really rewarding for those who want to work and not shirk! Lots of opportunities to develop and progress and management encouragement. Brilliant people within the business and a fantastic strategy, 2016 is the year where the rewards and benefits are a top priority and already everyone can see the benefits every day. Would encourage anyone to join.

Pros

Good packages and rewards

Cons

Expect you to work hard (not really a con)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countrywide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Countrywide with

Learn about Countrywide in popular locations

• Countrywide