Countrywide

Negotiator9 reviews
United Kingdom9 reviews

progressionbranchtargetpropertycolleaguewagecommissionrole

Terrible Middle Management

i wouldn't want my worst enemy to work for this company.Treat staff appallingly especially through the pandemic. Luckily my new employer is a lot more understanding.

Pros

You Can Leave

Cons

The Whole Job

Unsafe, Long hours, Paid less than min wage

Worked for countrywide for about 2 years, basic was 12k, works out at less than minimum wage. Working in remote offices the targets set are completely unachievable as they are the same across the board, easily achievable in a town office like colchester. Long hours, management incredibly out of touch, you have to pay for your own training. I left due to being left alone in the office constantly due to lack of staffing, i was then chased and chased to pay for my training which was inadequate at best.

Pros

I would say literally none

Cons

Pretty uch everything else

Insights into Countrywide

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Worst job I’ve ever worked

Please do not work for this company even if you desperately need a job. If your face fits then you get promoted if you’re ‘nice’ to the right bosses then you get promoted Technical issues all the time very unprofessional and the pay is shocking problems with salary most months Management are useless and only have their job role for being attractive and ‘obliging’ a lot of inappropriate harassment from men in the company which never gets addressed massive staff turnover with new inexperienced people getting paid more than experienced staff so many people have poor mental health due to working in this company worst mistake ever made was working here

Pros

Cons

Low pay. You’re health will suffer greatly

Lots of training and a fast paced environment

I feel many people may have a bad outlook on this company due to the offices they were based in. I for one love my job and my team. We support each other daily and are constantly promoting each other to win higher with new ideas. I work as a sales negotiator, yes it can be hard work hitting minimum targets when you are not in control of the market and the way business flows, however, it can be very rewarding when you do as hard work I believe doesn’t go unnoticed. I have received a lot of training and I am always learning something new about the industry and different stages throughout the buying/selling process. I find the company to be very inclusive, all managers/staff throughout the branches in our region are in constant contact so you always know what is going on and what targets should be met.

Pros

Fun work environment, training, controlling your own earnings/commission

Cons

Targets to meet, Saturday work, stress throughout the conveyancing process

Horrrible ethos

Very poor work culture, no care about their staff, clients get poor service, sad money grabbing world I was part of. I would not recommend working there.Go to a more caring independent.

Hard work and underpaid

This is a good starter job for a few months but is not possible to maintain, you are paid a shockingly low salary to work 40/50 hours a week sometimes and never praised on success, only challanged on errors.

awful company to work for

Dreadful company to work for, paying below minimum wage covering it up with your personal commissions made,Basic salary of 16k working 43.5 hours a week is below minimum wage, your commission makes up the shortfall therefore your commission is not all commission! Staff below management level worked like dogs ( maybe this depends on your branch and management ) whilst other staff/management do next to nothing.

Pros

Cons

long hours salary below minimum wage

Abysmal!

They talk the talk but never follow through! Staff are constantly pressurised to meet high targets, which means they will put anyone into a lettings property, whether they have passed credit checks or not. Far too many levels of 'hierarchy' who are only interested in figures & not the actual day to day logistics of running a business. Their i.t. system constantly fails. After purchasing a lot of smaller independent agencies they have expanded far too fast & are now embarking on a programme of redundancies. The other staff that are not being made redundant are actually looking for other jobs themselves! The last one to leave please turn the lights out....

Pros

Great work colleagues

Cons

Bad management

Couldn't wait to leave

I would not recommend this company to work for. Too many hours and not enough pay. Work every other Saturday full day with no extra pay. Big delays in claiming back expenses. Managers are bullies. Unrealistic targets and when not met you get shouted at. It's a 'face fits' company and if your face don't fit they will drive you out the business. It's that bad a lot of the good managers and directors have even left! Would not advise anyone to work for this company!

Pros

?

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countrywide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Countrywide with

Learn about Countrywide in popular locations

• Countrywide