Countrywide

Countrywide Employee Reviews for Sales and Lettings Negotiator

Sales and Lettings Negotiator42 reviews
United Kingdom42 reviews

progressionbranchtargetpropertycolleaguewagecommissionrole

Poor management and shocking culture

Shocking management, will not listen. I worked for a branch where some absolutely horrific events took place. I would not recommend it at all. Avoid like the plague

Pros

Work colleagues

Cons

No lunch, no structure, terrible pay

Low pay good start out

The salary could be better. The job is great for someone who is starting out in property. Lots of training offered to better your skills. good commission also

Pros

Training & commission

Cons

Long hours low salary

Insights into Countrywide

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Only interested in themselves

Promotion structure is all lies. Mental health support is none existent. Senior management is dreadful. Pay is by far THE WORST. 14k salary is not normal for an estate agent. Promise the world, deliver nothing. Honestly, don’t even bother. Drained my life away for years here.

No training and no support

No support, thrown into the role promised training and had deductions from my salary that promised to provide a qualification but they then decided it wasn’t necessary and said they weren’t going to refund staff for the deduction, even though no training was provided and no qualification was offered. Scam really and very poor work life balance. Management are rubbish and don’t seem to have a grip on anything they just want you to read from a script 6 days away and don’t you dare deviate because they will pull you into a meeting and play your call back to you! Bit archaic and old fashioned, other estate agents offer better commissions and better work life balance.

Cons

Archaic management

Awful

Bad management. Low salary for workload. No structure. Unfair workplace. You are just a number to them. And will be replaced quickly. The only good thing was my close colleagues.

Awful

Low salary, unfriendly colleagues. Lack of knowledge amongst colleagues. Not alot of opportunities to move upwards within the company. Stuck in ways

Great place to start of my career as a estate agent

Enjoyed my time at Mann estate agents, had a good working relationship with the colleagues in my office, the pay was a bit low and I found it hard to afford day to day life however I did enjoy my time here and it was a good experience to get my foot in the door for my future career as a estate agent

Rewarding but shocking top management

I’ve worked here for under a year , love my branch and branch manager however the regionals management skill , I have no words. Promises are made and rarely kept , people are rewarded for bad behaviour just to keep the peace . The job role it self if rewarding and a really good job however go to a company with better pay & more respect for staff.

Pros

Relationship with branch

Cons

Pay, work life balance, stress

Underpaid not sure how anybody survives working on their wages? no work life balance, no progression

Awful from start to finish started on a 14,000 wage at 24!!! Was told 23k would be achieved which it never was. Went up to 17k PA just because it had too. Rubbish commission scheme other people slacking and still benefiting from commission, the list goes on and on

Pros

Breaking the day up doing viewings

Cons

Worst pay ever

Underpaid and undervalued.

I worked for this company for almost a year. I was very excited to get into the property field as it was always something I wanted to be involved in. At the beginning of the job role there was poor online training with members of staff just using you to do jobs they did not want to do. The longer I worked at the company the more I realised how under paid and under valued I was at the company. There was no praise just pointing out the negatives. Even when you go above and beyond and put your free time into helping the branch there is never any appreciation. Area manager was obsessed with calls a week rather than good feedback or lets. I would avoid this large corporate.

Pros

Other staff

Cons

underpaid, undervalued, stressful, no job security.

Typical Highstreet Letting Agency

For all the company will say what you want to hear when you first start, it soon becomes clear that your opportunity to progress is extremely limited, regardless of your ability to do the job. When you do things well it is good for everyone to share the reward however when you do something even slightly wrong you hold the blame in its entirety (despite there often being many others involved in the outcome).

Stressful and humiliating

Paid below minimum wage, topped up with ‘bonuses’ to make mum. Wage. Manager was horrendous, terrible culture that is ignored higher up! Felt undervalued and quickly realised why there’s such high staff turnover.

Pros

Birthday off

Cons

Management, pay, environment

Poor company to work for, pays below minimum wage

Your commission tops your salary up to minimum wage! They don’t tell you this at interview. You may work 6 days a week with no lieu day. Salaries are very secretive, no one is on the same. You lose your commission to ‘minimum wage top up’ as fast as you can earn it. It’s soul destroying. You will be targeted on mortgage leads and other services which is fair as long as the target itself is realistic. They don’t seem to understand that if you pay staff a fair basic wage and they feel like they’ve something to aim for, they’ll aim and they’ll achieve. Pay them below minimum wage and they’ll never be loyal.

Pros

Cons

Ridiculous wages. No wonder they lose staff as fast as they recruit them!

Avoid at all costs

Honestly don’t bother, stressful, under appreciated and below minimum wage salary. Nothing is ever good enough, no matter how well you do they will always highlight the things you didn’t do. Under staffed and high turn over. Company doesn’t care about their staff or their mental health. I could go on and on....

Pros

Hours

Branch manager is horrible

Wasn’t one of my best decisions to move to this company. They tell you more sage but in fact the basic is 12000 . The branch manager in chester has a dreadful attitude and is a bully. I wouldn’t ever recommend working here. That being said the mold branch staff were lovely and helpful

Trust the other reviews! Awful place to worl!

Worst place I've ever worked. Manager was vile and has the highest staff turn over I've ever known. 4 people have left since i have! Worked extremely hard and nothing was good enough. Top referrer for surveys and mortgage leads but not good enough. Honestly my list could be endless. Cruel and sly workplace and when you bring it to your directors attention they just go back and tell your manager what you've said. Nothing is confidenial.

Under valued

As a part time mother I don’t feel valued or recognised for what I do to help support the branch. The pay is poor even including commission sadly. I love working within the property field and they have supported me with the hours I required to work around my family life.

Avoid

Management are awful. They expect you to work overtime for nothing in return. Poor staff retention. People don’t last more than a few months in these jobs. Low basics, with directors promising you could double your salary with commission. Rather easy to do when you make a few pennies more than national minimum wage. No car allowance to go towards business insurance, poor choice of fleet cars. Avoid

Terrible

Terrible company to work for management is rubbish and treat staff like skivvies whilst they sit there and reap the benefits. Most do not have the relevant skills/experience. No development, pay is dreadful,it is less than minimum wage, but are covered by the poor commissions paid, plus salary’s regularly wrong. Most branches are suffering as people are leaving.

Avoid, avoid, avoid

This is the third property company I have worked for and they are by far the worst. Terrible pay, unrealistic targets and awful management. I was incredibly stressed in the three months I worked here. Steer clear!

What an experience!

The pay is appalling. Such a low basic that any commission you earn just pushes you slightly toward minimum wage. But the commission is so low that you will never get to minimum wage so the company will top up your wage. Unachievable branch targets, set by directors who you never see and never come into your branch. Constantly set targets to get benefits (company car etc), but either they are unachievable or they just set more when you hit them. So many Saturdays with no day off in the week. You will have to work late to get everything done, but there's no additional pay. No work-life balance as you are constantly at work. Managers have little training and are just flung into the role blind. If you're mates with them it's great. But if you don't go out drinking with them after work then it's a problem. You have to use your personal phone to call viewers. Which is not only a data protection breach but extremely frustrating and expensive when calling international numbers. It's also not ideal being woken up late at night by tenants who can't figure out their boilers and have saved your number from when you viewed with them. The best part was the training, which you have to travel for and gets you out of branch for a few days. Only problem is the training takes ages to be arranged so by the time you get it, you've been working there for a few months and know the system. If you're there, and hating it, try and stick it out for a year and then find another company. The stress and work load you have at Countrywide will make most other agencies a doddle.

Pros

Managers are great if you fit in.

Cons

Poor pay, long hours, 6 day weeks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countrywide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Countrywide with

Learn about Countrywide in popular locations

• Countrywide