Countrywide
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Countrywide

Countrywide Employee Review

Fun and productive place to work

I love my job as a property manager. Every day is different and varied this job isnt repetitive in the least every call is different and a learning curve there is a lot of support from staff and management everyone helps each other we have and enjoy a laugh and I can honestly say I feel valued in my role as a property manager with the company

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Great Team

The team that I worked in was amazing. If you did your job, higher management left you alone. Fantastic training provided. At some stages, it's dog eat dog to try and get in favour with higher management.

Pros

My direct team bonding

Cons

Deceitful colleagues.
Same roleSame location

Really enjoyed my time at Countrywide

Its not the easier of jobs but its rewarding. Helping someone struggling without heating or needs locks changing can be a challenge but super rewarding and positive when you make that person's day.Good training programme and plenty of support during training. It can be competitive but I enjoyed that aspect as it drove me to work harder and smarter.

Pros

Nice office, always clean, Plenty of space in cafeteria for lunch and good facilities, Local Shops and cafes are good and offer good variety on your usual sandwiches.

Cons

Long hours but that's to be expected in a customer service role, Hour lunch can be a pro or a con.
Same roleSame location

Suffocating workplace environment. Picked on and decision making was derided.

Worked at Countrywide in Annesley, Nottinghamshire as a property manager, dealing with inbound tenant and landlord queries, liaising with estate agents and tradesmen to action repairs etc. First few weeks were OK when shadowing a colleague I was taking over from. After that you are expected to deal with everything yourself and I found that tough. My confidence took a battering when I was called out by management in front of the office for being too empathetic with an inbound call from a tenant (What I was doing well I was doing too well?) What I did not do well was met with open exasperation and was made to feel stupid. I'd like to say that was unintentional on the behalf of the manager who done this however, I seen several instances of fellow colleagues being belittled publicly. Mental health of several colleagues suffered due to the heavy workload and of the 20 people I worked with 8 have left. To be replaced by 5... There was hope when Connells acquired the Countrywide brand that conditions would improve with their experience and knowledge to filter down but this has not happened and instead they have renamed the job role and stripped the necessity to study for industry qualifications rendering you unqualified on paper to join another company in the same field. Something I probably would not do as I now work a stress free blue collar role paying five grand a year more with less hours. I miss my wonderful colleagues from there and that's the best I can say about working there. If you want poor wages and a stressful unrewarding career sign up now, I hear there is always -

Pros

The drive home.

Cons

Wages are national minimum, Workload structure is not set out and you're not assisted in organising it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Countrywide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Countrywide with

Learn about Countrywide in popular locations

• Countrywide
  • Fun and productive place to work