County Garden Management ltd

County Garden Management ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews

2.2Pay & benefits

Hardest part of the job was the poor condition of company vehicles

Started well enough but realised how badly managed or lack of management there is. They charge their clients vast amounts and yet pay minimum salary and expect employees to make money for their garden center. Few prized employees but the rest are left to fend for themselves, very disappointed.

Pros

If you like gardening

Cons

Everything else

Salary is shocking The management is bad can’t wait to get you in gardens on ya own

Worked here only a month when i first got my payslip i couldn’t believe it and for what they expect is crazy would def avoid they pay as low as possible.Gardens are very nice you get to work in

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Long days for very low pay

Insights into County Garden Management ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energising work tasks

Low pay and poor equipment.

Worked there a few years. Enjoyed it at first as I was new to gardening. As time progressed I realised CGM were reluctant to pay more than minimum wage to anyone, despite the client paying the company extremely well. They are only really interested in you selling plants from there garden centre and aren't too concerned by the actual quality of your gardening. Long days and expected to work longer, and expected to 'look busy' in winter as there is actually very little to do at that time of year.

Pros

Some nice clients and working in the country.

Cons

Low pay not increased inline with inflation, poor tools and vans.

Very poor pay company vehicles are dangerous wheel fell off when i was driving

Lot easier jobs for the money then this they pay as low as they can vans are very very old and dangerous a wheel flew off the vehicle when i was driving.

Pros

Left alone

Cons

Very low pay dangerous vehicles

Hard work but good team environment.

Worked here for a few years now. A very good team environment with regular socials. They expect a high standard of work but supply the training and support to achieve this. The pay seems fair in comparison to other companies in a similar field.

Pros

Brilliant team environment

Cons

Working in all weather conditions

A great company to work for, especially if you show initiative and passion

Worked here many years. It can be hard work but the skills and experience gained is invaluable. I got out what I put in here - CGM has given me the opportunity to hone my skills in horticulture and progress into a leadership role. Always rewarded fairly for your efforts. Some bad eggs and culture in the past but overall great team vibe and good camaraderie.

Pros

Paid breaks, Get out what you put in, Outdoor work, High end residential gardens, Given autonomy after trust gained, Health and safety taken seriously

Cons

You'd be sensible to have your own waterproofs as well as cgm issued

Ask a question about working or interviewing at County Garden Management ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

County Garden Management ltd Reviews by Job Title

County Garden Management ltd Reviews by Location

• County Garden Management ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?