Cousins

Cousins Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

price work painting

contracted to paint 10 or so houses,completed tasks on time and a quality finish.i was paid on time for all work carried out.

Good company to work with good atmosphere

I remember my time at cousins, Very fondly pay not bad u have to work weekends and bank holidays to get the sales good place to work people are helpful and always try to help where they can

Pros

Laid back fun place to work

Cons

Have to work bank holidays and weekends

Made difficult

Its a family run business and you work alongside Turkish people. You're made to feel uncomfortable when they speak Turkish about you! Rude! This makes your job harder and genuinely an uncomfortable place to be. The family are lovely though, great kids and work hard but the Turkish talking really wasn't appreciated!

Pros

Free food

Cons

Turkish speaking

Fun work to do

Serving all type of drinks,having the possibility to talk with the customers .really nice job

responsible and exciting

I really enjoyed my job at cousins café, I loved the challenges that I faced and found the fast paced environment exciting. I really found my passion for customer service, my duties included: Serving customers in a busy cafe providing excellent customer service Training up new staff, with all duties within the cafe Taking managerial duties when management is away Adhering to food hygiene and health and safety regulations Key holder for the cafe (opening and closing cafe) Taking and ordering deliveries and stock taking for the cafe Helped build cafe up to turn a profit instead of loss with no new owners buying café the hardest part of my job was having to deal with essential equipment breaking down on me, but I managed to sort this out quickly to avoid too much delay with the running of the café.

Pros

learning how to take on a managerial role

Cons

learning lots of new tasks in a very short space of time

Family business

Good to work for as a family business. working with two others doing repairs and being trained on repairs. Very mentally challenging but also very exciting at the same time. Great job at the time but now it is a throw away society and people do not repair things they just but new.

Pros

Exciting job

Cons

Low pay at that time.