Covance

Covance Employee Reviews

Good, although not understanding in regards to mental health, good care of animals, pay should be higher for the technicians due to the extensive work.
Pros
Easy to enroll
Cons
Health support, hours, managment.
Covance is a great place to work until you realise all the people you believe you get on so well with will stab you in the back at any opportunity to make themselves look good. Also would not touch this place with a barge pole if you struggle with mental health.
Pros
Good workinng hours, plenty of overtime
Cons
Backstabbing
Management are a nightmare, the team leader is a sociopath. Nice to your face but then turns out to be a terror. All they care about is money, and because of this you will rarely get a pay rise or progress. You are always wrong, you will never be able to give any ideas to the team but management will shut them down. 60 percent of the time, the so called 40 years experienced team leader will make a mistake. However, its always your fault. Don't take my word for it, talk to the study scientists that already work there. STAY AWAY, I'D RATHER LIVE ON THE STREETS
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Low pay, bad management, no progression
Nice office, location off the main road.Was a nice place at the beginning, but the HR team, especially the recruiter “mis sold” the job.They were rude and ignored me when I tried to reach out.Please retrain your recruitment team! Kindness goes a long way!
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Recruitment team (Senior Recruiter -female)
Lower level employees are not valued as much as they should be; lack of bonus payments for lower grades is only proof of that which seems unfair and shows the company doesn't care about employee engagement, motivation and sense of accomplishment when a goal is attained.
Pros
Flex benefits
Cons
company culture
My role was varied which made if very interesting and enjoyable, helping may members of staff. Unfortunately my department was made redundant so had to leave the job I loved, which also affected my pension etc.
Pros
good work collegues
Cons
large work load
I learnt to manage a huge number of complex studies with tight timelines. The hardest part of the job was client comunication when issues were found or deadlines were not meet. The workplace culture was team work
If you're looking to begin a career in science that isn't the same repetitive task every day then don't work here. Company will replace you in a heartbeat if they don't like you and call security to march you off site.
fun work place but very stressful very chaotic, some bias in management however staff are very nice and everyone is able to help you or give some guidance
This is totally unbiased review about Covance Harrogate. The work experience is exceptional, you learn a lot of skills in a short period of time and you feel that you are making a difference to patients lifes. Some collegues are very helpful and supportive and you will be employable anywhere with Covance on your CV. The aspects covance are not addressing are the toxic/blame culture in some departments and incompetent management. This is a main cause for employees seeking to leave and it’s not addressed seriuously enough.
Minimum wage, with a bonus scheme, but not enough work to achieve the bonus. When there's little work, you're expected to do the job of other higher paid departments. Management lies to you constantly about when company is due to be busy, and very much a brown nose culture. If you dont kiss the right bum, you wont get anywhere.
Covance are without a shadow of a doubt incompetent. They have issues with management not knowing about training procedure, failed to pay me for my time, ignored the stress this caused or the knock on financial hardship it presented me with.
Loved working for Covance, enjoyed the work life balance and the people (including management). It was going so well until our global department was bought by eurofins then it all went down hill, people who already knew about eurofins reputation moved asap and others stayed in hope that things wouldn't change. In fairness they didn't but the lab was closed exactly 1 year later once the tupe law expired.
I worked for sodexo for a few months. Covance staff look down on you because they think there better then you. My advice is Dont work in the stores there is a bullying face fits culture. Nonsense rules and regs.
Pros
Finish early friday
Cons
Clicky people
Covance is a good company to work for, however not if you like an extremely quiet office, nobody really talks much, however we do work in a fantastic building with a free coffee machine!!!
A company with good benefits and generally an ok place to work. Easy to move around within the company if you wanted to. Learned good skills in the animal house.
The techs are absolutely fantastic. They work hard and in return they get abuse, pressure, minimal training and depression. I have personally seen at least ten of my colleagues break down in tears in a matter of months. The culture of care they promise is swept under the rug and they seem okay with that. There are a few good managers but the majority are bullies. I've never seen staff moral as low as it is now. Staff turnover is at an all time high and they cannot keep new starters for a very good reason. Apply and you will see for yourself. I hope this review helps.
Bad staff management, no rewards or bonuses, constantly under staffed, the pay is ok but not in line with other comparable roles with other companies, no work life balance.
Constantly banning promotions, putting leave on hold etc. Employees tend to bond over how much they hate work. Overtime is a must and 90% of the time you don't get paid for it, even if its compulsory.
Great team, poor management, TERRIBLE PAY. Good to do for a year but the pay increases are few and far between. Management are very “buddybuddy” so if you have a problem with one, you can’t tell the other.
Enjoyed working for Covance and had good opportunities if you wanted advancement and further your career. Convenient location for working in in Harrogate.
  1. Employee reviews