Coventry Building Society

Coventry Building Society Employee Reviews

Not very good if you have any pre existing illnesses regarding time off. They terminated my employment after 5years of working there, because I was off with Anxiety and depression which was a road my manager had caused me to revisit !!! I also have Epilepsy and anytime off I had as a result of a seizure still counted towards the sickness Policy. They have a very strict policy.
Very low pay with false promises of earning potentials. So much is expected of you and new training and new elements added on - no extra pay. Management only care about themselves, the work is monotonous and you’re treated like you’re in big brother. Hidden targets yet the advertise No targets role. They’re trying to sell a dream in the interviews as the turn over of staff is SO high.
Poor pay and long 6 days working due to having to work overtime on a Saturday. Older staff were treated better and got special treatment compared to new ones. Poor management and poor training opportunities.
If you apply for a job in the call centre be prepared to get no further unless your face fits! Management have poor under standing of mental health issues and are only out for themselves. If you are in the “boys club” you can expect to get far. Boring and repetitive job with no light at the end of the tunnel and no other responsibilities other than answering the phone all day long! The good thing is you can work up the accreditation and end up with a good wage and the staff are lovely.
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
Face fits environment
A typical day at work includes face-to-face interaction with customers dealing with their transactions and transfers. This job is fast-paced, fun and you always have something to do. The hardest part of the job is having to learn the information that comes with the job so that you give the right levels of customer service.
Everything is time based regardless of problems and quality checks stopped pay rises. Management are do as I say not as I do. The hardest part of the job is phoning customers and asking security questions but customer only has your word that you are Coventry Building Society.
CBS in-branch work environment is warm and heavily centered around teamwork. We help each other out constantly throughout the working day. providing opinions on how to approach situations and dilemmas. You also build a great rapport with the customers of CBS. Often getting to know them on a first name basis. In some cases even knowing what the customer wants to do before they even tell you. All in all a nice place to work.
Regular exams were stressful particularly as they had no relation to the work I was doing. For example, a security officer would not know anything about money laundering.
Was a great place to work. Parking for contractors is a challenge and if you want to park on the business park you need to be in for 8am. Also the business park emptys at 4pm
I enjoy working here. Very ethical company with a great HR team and also very customer focused at the the same time. Very family friendly too. I’ve had 2 children since being here and they have always tried to facilitate the best working hours for me on my return. Can’t fault them.
false promises , wage is poor, unable to lough or have a joke , bang on about values and welfaire all false , a gteat deal of back stabbing by staff to gain points
Nice, productive and relaxed place to work. Good atmosphere better team and lovely culture. With wonderful people. Smart working environment with limited car parking facilities
Tasks include servicing mortgage accounts, running affordability assessments, chasing up paperwork, liasing with underwriters and setting up calls with mortgage advisors. Pay and benefits are excellent as you get a generous shift allowance. The negatives of the role would be the culture and atmosphere in the office. The managers think they are superior and lord it over the other staff most of them come across as pretentious. Overall still a good place to work just needs improvements in certain areas.
Demanding role providing mortgage brokers with illustrations. Rotating shifts between 8am & 6pm. Many departments within the company to be able to progress. Lower salary than similar job roles with other companies.
Coventry building society is an absolute pleasure to work with, the trainers and management are great , everybody is equal on their terms and the work is evenly paced. Theres something special about this company to which everyone smiles, There isn’t any bad days, great progression, amazing charity work and you feel like your a part of something
I love working at coventry building sociaty there friendly hpful and if I need anything g I just ask they make me a drink when I need one and tell me that I do .y job properly and say they miss me when I go on holiday
A decent place to work but the culture isn't the best. Very siloed. Offices are spread around the outskirts of Coventry. Flexibility in working arrangements is promoted by HR but the reality is that it can be difficult (dependent on team/department)
A good place to work especially for young people who want to gain more experience/
I was working at Coventry B.S with Atos to help our client move applications and servers into new Co-Lo data centres and AWS Cloud. I was working with the CBS staff closely to produce the necessary design documentation to allow critical areas to be transitioned.
Pros
Free Fruit in reception !
Cons
Parking restricted for contractors
Most of the organisation is indeed a great place to work, but the culture in Change is poor. Three heads of Change in 18 months says it all. There is evidence of bullying and lack of support, generally whenever something goes wrong a scapegoat will be found, who will be the most junior person plausible.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Toxic environment
A great place to work. The encouragement to develop is outstanding. from management to team members. a great environment to work in. The company's attitude to the staff and customers wellbeing can not be faulted, the care you are encouraged to give your customers is comforting and makes this a great place to work. giving you a great pride to be part of the society.
Pros
pride of great customer service
Cons
retail hours