Coventry University

Coventry University Employee Reviews

Very relaxed work environment where creativity is encouraged! Lovely colleagues that always love helping and feedback is always timely and helpful. Would definitely recommend the firm.
All of the academic staff are completely unqualified and walk around calling themselves Professors and Associate Professors, etc. Everyone is constantly looking out for themselves, how they can do as little work as possible, and throwing everyone else around them under the bus to mask their own failures.
Manager is always working from home. Bullying is regular if your face doesn't fit. People are passive agressive. When bullying does get reported the victim gets punished due to Management having a lack of spine.
Pros
You get most weekends off
Cons
Bullying is regular, hours are rubbish, People Team are useless.
Management were supportive and friendly. It was very fast paced and the work is not easy but as it was a shared service there are always staff willing to help and advise.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
No parking
People Team (HR) is the worst team in Coventry University to work. Not sure about other departments but there's a high turnover and i reckon its the same story in all of the University.
As with all big companies, money is a priority and this sometimes affects workplace experience. Sometimes felt undervalued and overworked, but good working atmosphere overall.
Recommended - nice people and good office environment. Good culture with lovely staff and balance between work and life. Nice working with students and helping them succeed.
An amazing frame to work; a beautiful team, you feel like you are part of a big family.
A nice place to work, I have enjoyed my time here. . The culture is friendly and there is a great, environment on campus. I have had several roles which has allowed me to develop, a range of transferable skills and solid experience of the Higher Education industry.
Good job to build for the future. Staff are very nice. Students and lecturers are very patient and are remarkable. Very professional company to work for.
Pros
It helps you build for the future
Cons
Progression is tough
Good facility to conduct research with highly qualified scholars and professor The university provides 24-hour library service and workstation for student use.
Pros
Fast-paced and innovative
Cons
No cons as such
My very first experience as a personal coach in the sports industry gave me a massive understanding of human needs and different kinds of personalities. Therefore I become passionate about business psychology in order to develop my knowledge about coaching, leading and inspiring people. From the beginning, I was trying to combine my passion with my personal work. In order to do so, I started to work as a business coach and university lecturer.
I am a student at Coventry university London doing my final year in Marketing and public relations. Tuition is excellent the environment is ideal for studies.
The workplace culture is most probably the best I've ever seen. Everyone treat the others with respect, regarding your background or any other thing..
This was an unpaid position and was good for experience but I wouldn't work there full time as they don't offer any full time or paid positions to students
All though for a short time i loved working here, the team were fantastic and lots of support in your job role. Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and the challenges i faced each day.
I started at coventry after the collapse of GSM. Coventry has been good at mapping out their modules to correspond with which modules I have already done.
Got an insight into the higher education sector. Interacted with prospective students . Really globalised workplace. Pay was fair. Good experience to have on your resume
I'm a student here it is pretty good, not enough contact hours however so it is hard to maintain successful relations with lecturers sometimes. Bar that, the university is good
Studying nursing until 2020 - would like to work part time whilst studying - either temporary or part time work over Christmas or in a permanent contract
It was very good. Nothing I can complain about. My supervisor was very helpful and the environment and facilities were also very good. I learnt a lot about hardware and software in the loop simulations and I am very satisfied from the overall experience.