COVERIS
Happiness score is 30 out of 100

COVERIS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom88 reviews

Okay If your in the right department

I previously worked at the louth branch as a machine operator in extrusion department.The hours are long especially when your in heat that makes you drip with sweat within the first hour, can be fast paced depending on what machine your running. The lads on the shop floor work as a unit and you end up having a brotherly bond, great laugh with them all and all help each other, you have to in this place to be honest or you'd want to walk out within a week. Managers are totally different to the lads on the shop floor, the managers won't listen to advice from the people running the machines, they just give you jobs that's impossible to complete on certain machines, but it's you who gets the blame when it goes wrong. You know its bad when you have 5 managers with nearly half a million in salaries between them unable to send a machine up within 3 hours haha, when you can do it in 5 mins and have to show them.

Pros

Lads on the shop floor Shift pattern

Cons

Managers Heat

I love my job as a credit controller at Coveris great bunch of people we work hard and I really feel like I have a second little family. We work one week in the office and one at home which is flexible.

Pros

Hybrid working hours

Insights into COVERIS

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Very unfair company to work for

Company does not care about its staff, only interested in profit. Expect you to above & beyond but give you nothing back. The managers have no regard for there staff

Very busy workplace. Time goes quick.

It’s a very busy place to work. There is always something to do so the days go quite quickly compared to a lot of jobs. The people seem friendly which is a big part of any job.

Pros

Good canteen facilities

Cons

Only one break

Fast paced environment

I started here around a year ago as a printer, it’s a good place to work with a good team around you to help when needed. The company is always investing in the staff to progress.

Pros

Healthcare benefits

Fantastic company. Valued their employees

Currently working here. 100% the BEST company I have ever worked for. I feel extremely valued and very cared for. Every staff member here has made me feel more than welcome. Training is fantastic and covering every aspect needed. If your considering a job with Coveris I personally would say your doing the right thing.

Pros

Great team mates.

Awful management, stressful and fast paced work

It used to be one of the best places to work in Lincolnshire great management great training but since the new owners took over it’s the worst place I’ve ever worked there was numerous people that got promotion but then still never got the job they would just leave them where they was and said they can’t release you yet but then you would never get released then you would have to apply for the job again then you wouldn’t get it the only way you move up the ladder is if your a bum licker they expect blood for your money and to top it all it’s a none smoking site when you’re on shift but if your on days you can smoke and that’s because most of management only work days so you could be on shift but your mates on days he can go for a cigarette but you can’t never heard anything so ridiculous in all my life and I no of numerous cover ups over the years with different accidents and also no of a lot of people since new management of with depression and anxiety and worse this company has got a lot to answer for

Pros

Money

Cons

Please see above paragraph

Good Company and great people

Enjoyed working at Coveris with a good management team for two years. The only reason I left was because of a two hour daily commute and an offer of an increase in salary local to my home.I think the people who work there are professional, care about each other and have a working mindset that helps to achieve good results in challenging times. Business is competitive and the management have identified the difficult situation the company has to operate in. I'm confident that they will be successful as long as everyone continues to contribute. Enjoyable experience and I met some really lovely people.

Pros

Canteen is cheap but excellent value for money, Looked after as soon as you arrive and made to feel like a part of the team.

Cons

Some minor changes to the rules would benefit the company, properly identifying LTI's needs to be a priority, in my view.

A slowy sinking ship with no adequate managment to save it.

Very unhealthy place to work. It takes a serious toll on your physical and mental health.All you are to them is a figure on a spreadsheet, that is all. There is no real progression here without giving up your life to devote all your freetime in overtime to the company who will then forget to pay you it for 2/3 months.The life and soul has been sucked dry from this place. Machines are in poor states. No investment in newer machinery for the future, only fixing the already dated machinery when it is no longer capable of producing meters. Do yourself a favour, avoid this place. Tell your family and your friends to avoid this place. After avoiding this place, treat yourself to a pint, you've earned it.

Pros

Literally nothing, a slight better wage than day work.

Cons

10-6 / 2-10 / 6-2 shift pattern, poor treatment of staff, no fair progression

Shocking.

Management dont care in the slightest. Promise you will get the help you need to complete your training, yet ask for a chat and get blanked. Numbers come first before training. If you're an a** kisser you will go far! Dont tell them you like being busy either just end up with a stupidly fast machine that nobody wants to go on.

Pros

Breaks

Dreadful place to work

Horrible place to work they try stich you up on everything no one cares about anyone or anything. The managers and reps look after themselves and don't care about the shopfloor people. They chip away your everything from pay talks to team spirit confidence morale everything. People are trying their best to get out of there.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

They make your life miserable

Two pay rises in a year

I progressed fast in this role, from admin to brand coordinator to project coordinator, and with it had two pay rises in 18 months, however this is because I put in a lot of hard work. If you are innovative they will reward you for it. I left due to personal values did not align with the industry of plastic production, however the job was very fulfilling.

Pros

Company cars, expenses paid business trips, good staff

Cons

In an industry that is making a lot of plastic waste

Not fun

Had A two day induction on how good the company was and how well they looked after the staff but all a smoke screen. Was not told how to do the job by the shift manager and the shift supervisor. Was asked to leave after 3 days of working there because I was to slow on the forklift. Management and supervisors should explain what is required of new staff and explain the job not just give them the paperwork and get on with it I know I have been a supervisor for 15years of my 30+years of working and I never did that I would spend weeks with them if necessary. Sort it

Pros

Cons

No man management unless they are firing you

worst place to work

management and HR department are awful. they will do anything they can to try and not pay you money that you are entitled to and you are treated like dirt. I would highly recommend avoiding this place at all costs

Pros

money

Cons

everything else

Poor management no staff

Place is in a poor state. Use to work there, getting people in with so called experience and offering them grades higher than guys who have been there for years. Management stab everyone in the back to the other supervisors. Nothing ever good enough. Pay is fine but works none stop, wrecks ya home life and puts you in a really low place at times. Never seen the place manned up with staff since the day that i started. Avoid if possible!!

Pros

Can earn good money OT always available

Cons

List is a million miles long

If your face fits you are fine

No point in being loyal or hard working here, its a boys culture. No chance of progression unless you are part of the in crowd. Could be such a great company to work for.

Pros

Decent pay

Going downhill very fast

Used to be a family run business but now since new managers from FAILED companies are in charge it has no soul and the moral is the lowest I have ever known in 3o years. CHARTWELL (time and motion!) And failed upper managers are responsible for all the downgrading and dropping peoples pay .the training is now gone and they introduced a FORCED extra 6 shifts with the threat of disciplinary action if you don't do them, the operators are having more work forced on them whilst the managers WORK(have a holiday)from home .HR department are puppets being operated by poor management and shouldn't really have HUMAN in their title. Most of the guys are sound and great to work with and its a shame to see so many broken men working there,you are treated like you don't matter and depression is something you will get working here but don't expect any support if you become ill .Production is priority over health and safety now ,targets are set by people sat a desk drinking coffee there is no support to achieve the targets just scowls and disrespectful comments from certain people .This is not a rant from a disgruntled employee its from someone who has worked here for 30 years so I may know a little about how the place has been run compared to now .I have seen some great people who cared pushed aside by failed managers from another broken bankrupt company . Hopefully they will reduce the wage bill like they want and sell it to a company that will take care of its employees as soon as possible.

Pros

Free coffee for office staff?

Cons

Very hard work and with no praise at all and a forced regime

No compassion

What can i say the place is a joke!! workers who are lazy poor attendance and don't work to the standards get promotions,they must be blind or only see what they want to see!! workers who graft to the best standards don't take the mick and are never off and have loyalty to the company get treated like rubbish pushing them into stress and depression, all i can say is that i hope you can all sleep at night knowing you mess with people's heads

Pros

some friendly staff

Cons

management and HR

Great customers and an enjoyable job

I worked at coveris for just over 2 years and thoroughly enjoyed my job. The best part was dealing with the customers I built up some great relationships and when I left thats what I knew I would miss the most. It isn't am easy job there are many things that you need to learn and even after 2 years of being there I was still learning. The only reason why I left was due to the office being more like a playground due to one individual. I struggled to continue to work with them as they made it very difficult and I started to dread going into work everyday. The actual job itself was great the external sales reps were nice and other members of the office team again were brilliant and would do anything to help you. The only down side was that individual and office gossip I believe they have gone now so hopefully that had changed the atmosphere massively! If I could go back working here I would. Salary is good, office manager is supportive and the training is enough to give you the tools you need

Pros

Salary, customers, office staff

Cons

office gossip

Deluded new managers

Well the money is good and that's about it, new managers from Preston have ruined the place ! Deluded and have no idea how to manage the place, the company used to be good but no more ! Forever short staffed, zero experience and constant pressure from the managers will soon have you depressed !

Pros

Money and days off

Cons

Pressure from deluded cowboys

Joke

Wouldn't wish my worst enemy to work there. Management are a joke, HR aren't much better, Training is a complete farce. Flexi shifts are forced on you and unpaid.

Pros

Handing in notice

Cons

Non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COVERIS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement