COVERIS

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

shiftpoorstaffbadlongbreakfastworker

steady job

Not a bad place to work in general but hard to progress. Your treated pretty well and the work isn't to hard. The pay is fairly good for the work you do but obviously could always be better.

Pros

company pension

Cons

unsociable hours

Would not recommend my worst enemy to work here!

Coveris used to be the best place to work in the area. Now the company is full of greed and no care for any employees. There is no home/work life balance, the pay is terrible for the blood sweat and tears they demand. The higher management are delusional and so out of touch with the staff. HR is the non existent here and the poorest standard I have known at the company, don’t expect any help or support from them. Don’t either bother joining the union all they’re interested in is there own benefits and back handers. Trust me there is plenty of jobs out there paying better money than this sinking ship.

Pros

You do get a paid 30minute break

Cons

Everything, Site 2 Manager and His puppet, Hr, Pay

Insights into COVERIS

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Energising work tasks

Very busy workplace. Time goes quick.

It’s a very busy place to work. There is always something to do so the days go quite quickly compared to a lot of jobs. The people seem friendly which is a big part of any job.

Pros

Good canteen facilities

Cons

Only one break

Fast paced environment

I started here around a year ago as a printer, it’s a good place to work with a good team around you to help when needed. The company is always investing in the staff to progress.

Pros

Healthcare benefits

Good Company and great people

Enjoyed working at Coveris with a good management team for two years. The only reason I left was because of a two hour daily commute and an offer of an increase in salary local to my home.I think the people who work there are professional, care about each other and have a working mindset that helps to achieve good results in challenging times. Business is competitive and the management have identified the difficult situation the company has to operate in. I'm confident that they will be successful as long as everyone continues to contribute. Enjoyable experience and I met some really lovely people.

Pros

Canteen is cheap but excellent value for money, Looked after as soon as you arrive and made to feel like a part of the team.

Cons

Some minor changes to the rules would benefit the company, properly identifying LTI's needs to be a priority, in my view.

Poor management no staff

Place is in a poor state. Use to work there, getting people in with so called experience and offering them grades higher than guys who have been there for years. Management stab everyone in the back to the other supervisors. Nothing ever good enough. Pay is fine but works none stop, wrecks ya home life and puts you in a really low place at times. Never seen the place manned up with staff since the day that i started. Avoid if possible!!

Pros

Can earn good money OT always available

Cons

List is a million miles long

Going downhill very fast

Used to be a family run business but now since new managers from FAILED companies are in charge it has no soul and the moral is the lowest I have ever known in 3o years. CHARTWELL (time and motion!) And failed upper managers are responsible for all the downgrading and dropping peoples pay .the training is now gone and they introduced a FORCED extra 6 shifts with the threat of disciplinary action if you don't do them, the operators are having more work forced on them whilst the managers WORK(have a holiday)from home .HR department are puppets being operated by poor management and shouldn't really have HUMAN in their title. Most of the guys are sound and great to work with and its a shame to see so many broken men working there,you are treated like you don't matter and depression is something you will get working here but don't expect any support if you become ill .Production is priority over health and safety now ,targets are set by people sat a desk drinking coffee there is no support to achieve the targets just scowls and disrespectful comments from certain people .This is not a rant from a disgruntled employee its from someone who has worked here for 30 years so I may know a little about how the place has been run compared to now .I have seen some great people who cared pushed aside by failed managers from another broken bankrupt company . Hopefully they will reduce the wage bill like they want and sell it to a company that will take care of its employees as soon as possible.

Pros

Free coffee for office staff?

Cons

Very hard work and with no praise at all and a forced regime

Great customers and an enjoyable job

I worked at coveris for just over 2 years and thoroughly enjoyed my job. The best part was dealing with the customers I built up some great relationships and when I left thats what I knew I would miss the most. It isn't am easy job there are many things that you need to learn and even after 2 years of being there I was still learning. The only reason why I left was due to the office being more like a playground due to one individual. I struggled to continue to work with them as they made it very difficult and I started to dread going into work everyday. The actual job itself was great the external sales reps were nice and other members of the office team again were brilliant and would do anything to help you. The only down side was that individual and office gossip I believe they have gone now so hopefully that had changed the atmosphere massively! If I could go back working here I would. Salary is good, office manager is supportive and the training is enough to give you the tools you need

Pros

Salary, customers, office staff

Cons

office gossip

Deluded new managers

Well the money is good and that's about it, new managers from Preston have ruined the place ! Deluded and have no idea how to manage the place, the company used to be good but no more ! Forever short staffed, zero experience and constant pressure from the managers will soon have you depressed !

Pros

Money and days off

Cons

Pressure from deluded cowboys

stressful and low paid

operators are overworked and underpaid,management couldnt organise a party in a brewery,and arent interested in workers welfare, a very bad "blame" culture across the site,in all departments.

Pros

4 days off

Cons

long hours, very physically demanding work, too short breaks.

fast pace

its work /gym , its can be very warm in the summer but the breaks given is enough to cope , the work can be repetitive with a lot of heavy lifting and running around, The employs you work with are great , there wasn't a shift without a laugh ,That helped with the stress of the job . the pay is good without over time and with overtime it can be very good , time off over Christmas, Christmas voucher , tvs for the world cup . its a well oiled company that needs a few upgrades but overall great .

productive workplace

the staff where all easy to get along with regardless of my short time here due to covering for a family friend while she was on the sick, I enjoyed my short amount of time here.

Pros

friendly staff

Good place for a career

Great company with good career path, but it includes some hard work. The management is understanding and treats staff well, even while maintaining high production in the factory.

Pros

Great management, good money

Cons

Work under pressure, irregular breaks

Resonable place to work

Well paid factory work . Hours became a problem, specifically working 12 hour night shifts. Immediate management worked well with the shop floor, but there was a sense of detachment above that.

Pros

.well paid

rewind operator

Must like overtime as most of your life will be at work repetitive on older machinery. Long shifts which can be short notice for holiday cover

Pros

Good set of lads

Cons

Long shifts repeatative work

productive and noisey

overall its a job in a factory. are you joking? im on here to get me a job not to rate past jobs, im looking to the future not the past!!! wasting my time!!!!

Pros

own canteen

Cons

not payed for breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COVERIS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement