CPM UK Limited

CPM UK Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom187 reviews

asdasamplingsampletargetrolecolleagueproductselling

Dont recommend

Not a great company to work for, the management in the food sampling part were so thick and rubbish at the job.Too much heavy lifting and being pressured into selling

Truly terrible company

Awful company. Avoid at all costs. It is not worth compromising your mental health for such a truly horrific job. Stay well clear and don't put yourself through it.

Insights into CPM UK Limited

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Eh

Pay was shocking, not enough to live on, hours were ok, staff were OK, management only cared about senior people, low paid people were not important. Not great

Pros

Breaks and canteen

Cons

Long hours, bad culture

Erratic work and poor pay. Not easy to contact either line Manager or head office.

Sadly the company regional area management structure has changed since I joined in 2017. A lot less contact and a lot less work available and no one available to talk to about this. The pay is poor for the responsibilities and the work load is very erratic.

Unorganised and unreliable

This was my first job and I was only young but straight away I noticed that I was not a priority. It was 0hr contract but I barely got any shifts because they were always given to older members of staff instead and when I could get a shift, all the things I needed to work (brief, apron/t-shirt, poster, cleaning products, etc.) hadn’t been looked after or implemented. I wasn’t given a key card to get in and out of the staff canteen/cloak room with a huge stand or even just for lunch so I constantly had to rely on members of staff for the shop I was working in to help me. I didn’t have much interaction with the managers as they worked separately from the demonstrators but I did have to contact them a few times when I moved away to a different city for my studies. They said I’d be able to just switch location on the staff portal online to book shifts wherever I was but this was not the case. It just created a mess and I stopped working there all together. The one positive thing from that job was that my Brand Ambassador/Mentor was extremely lovely and sympathetic towards me being a nervous beginner and my mental disability. Working with the other Demonstrators and Brand Ambassadors was always a treat and it was far better than working alone.

You have to be a professional if you you work for company.

Its good company to work as I believe if you are a hard working person and professional then this company is right place to work.I worked for this company in 2007 2008 and 2009.

Business development

Management isn’t great as can micro manage. There is biased from management to specific team members who get treated better.The HR department are not helpful when a complaint is made against management.

Great

Love it great work life balance very good management and I enjoy this line of work which is good, would recommend company to other people who might be interested

Strong and serious company

I worked for this company few months and I was very happy then. I was welcomed by a friendly team who helped me to integrated fast. My colleagues were very good painters and I learned a lot from them. Manager was always there for us and the company owner was a real gentleman who helped me with different things. I left this company just for a better wage but I highly recommend this company to all level of painters.

Pros

Always pay the wage in time!

Productive and fun place

Great company to work for.If i have the chance to go back and work for them i will.The work-life balance is good and you don’t feel pressured to work overtime like most of the other companies do.

Flexible working I worked for cpm 25 + yrs ago and worked for 8 yrs for Cpm

Very professional ,only part time as my children were under 10 then . But management then were a lot more professional then and you felt part of the team and very much involved we had monthly meetings with are Area manager face to face hence staff were there for years like myself , and milage was paid then and and in for the long haul as a job and not like here today gone tomorrow. But that’s because we had permanent contracts management and employees took there job more seriously , This is what is lacking nowadays we were very much all conscientious about our jobs day in day out .

Pros

Part time, Travel, Milage, Meetings away

Cons

Nones

Used to be good

Gone through a lot of changes and is not the business it used to be. Purports to be an employee centric business but this is not the case. Profit only

Cons

Long hours, short deadlines, little thought about employees personal circumstances

A hard one

On the ad-hoc calls they don't pay for travel parking etc... However they focus on the quality of work not on time spent. This balances out as most calls take 30 to 45 minutes.However tho, due to supposedly a dip n sales some calls have been reduced to from 60 mins to 30 and 45 minutes.And to cut costs you must use your WiFi or data, shop WiFi in shops dose not always be the best. However this a standard across the whole industry.

Pros

Handy enough extra income

Cons

Not long term

This is a job if you like working on your own

This is a job if you like working on your own controlled by an App. If you want a learning environment with a supportive leadership team this is not for you. I have worked foe CPM for 7 months now and as of yet have not been asked if I am happy, or supported, in fact I have had no contact with my line manager except if I have called him to query anything. They seem not to care as long as the work gets done.

Pros

Work when you want within a time scale

Cons

No support or caring from the management

A lot expected for minimum wage

Expected to use own vehicle and keep chocolate cool. Mileage allowance is poor. Expected to act like a sales professional for a shop assistant wage. Perks are samples to keep. Own journey plan. Unrealistic targets. Use own phone for calls. Poor communication. Expected to promote lots of new products in one month. Visiting cash n carry. Carrying cash.

Pros

Samples, hours, occasion nights away

Cons

Full time job in part time hours.

Terrible management

bullying management . Great merchandisers to work with but loyalty to them from the management fastest finger first wins the job which doesn't enable good merchandisers to work regularly

Pros

Cons

Bullyjng

Management are a joke

There is some very talented people working at CPM, unfortunately not a management level. They expect a lot of extra work doing at last minute. No progression for talented, high achievers. Lots of promises that are never kept.Change the rules to suit the situation.Money is very tight. Bonus often held back unfairly. I witnessed many instances of unfair treatment & discrimination. Should have spoken up, but their culture is not a free talking culture. Very behind the times. I would not recommend this company at all.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Management are idiots

don't bother

people in the office are great but the cpm guys who work at Darlaston Asda are terrible. Was thrown in the dumpster fire by a guy who didn't want to train me and berated me for making a simple mistake on my first day.if this is how you treat people on your first and this is the guy you sent to represent your company. i want no part in it.

Pros

the people who work in the office are brilliant.

Cons

the people who trained me are the worst.

Great place to work , flexibility with days is great , you can choose when you want to work

Great job , to suit you and family , lovely staff always there if you needed them . When I worked there the management team were brilliant and on hand if you needed any questions answered , throughly enjoyed my position there

Pros

Work to suit yourself, very flexible

Cons

Honestly none come to mind

Proud to work with this company

I was contracted to Disney and did adhoc calls whilst working for CPM and it was the best job ever. Great team, lots of support if needed, ongoing training courses which were generally held away. Fantastic yearly presentation. Team meetings every six weeks. Team incentives. CPM is well known and trusted as a marketing agency and I was proud to work for them.

Good Place to Work If Job Security Is Not Important

CPM are an outsource company American owned and managed the nature of the business means that positions with the company have no guarantee of being permanent as clients and campaigns come and go as do the staff employed on them. Having said that this is a fast paced environment very focused on the client requirement and getting the results the client requires, the management team are good and the team managers try to make this a fun and vibrant environment it definitely has a work hard play hard ethic. Roles within the business vary dependent on the campaign you are assigned to. You are set challenging but achievable KPI's and you are expected to hit these as a minimum.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPM UK Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare CPM UK Limited with

Learn about CPM UK Limited in popular locations

• CPM UK Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?