Cranfield University

Cranfield University Employee Reviews

The company has a way to support you and make sure you succeed in your projects

Absolutely a pleasure to work there. They have a system where the researchers did their own experiments and the laboratory technicians made sure that the instruments are well managed and serviced, and they made sure that consumables are always available.

It is for business not education

I worked for three years as Post doc. Progressing in the job depend on how much money you will bring. Many staff left or made redundant as they don't bring income to the university

Pros

Strong research profile

Cons

Job security

Productive work but need cultural improvement

The work is productive, the working time can be flexible. The management and culture is limited. I was focused on my job only and can deliver good work, however, there were extra pressures from outside.

Très bon environnement de travail

L'université met à disposition toutes les ressources nécessaire aux étudiants chercheur afin qu'il puisse s'épanouir au mieux dans leur travail.

Fast-paced and ambitious

A great institution for focused, postgraduate education and industry collaboration, but the semi-corporate nature of Cranfield fosters a job culture that can feel colder and more focused on personal ambition than other academic institutions. Competitive people who are comfortable with this may excel here, while those who are early in their career may struggle with the fast pace of work and harried management.

A reasonable place to work

It is overall not a bad place to work as PhD student. During the time at Cranfileld I had several opportunity to interact with a lot of people coming from other universities or industries by developing business skills beside of technical skills. However, as being in the middle of nowhere it is not recommended to live nearby.

Pros

Enjoying student life

Very good

Cranfield is very nice place to work where you meet lovely people to work with. There are issues with the management side though. Some managers seem to favour other workers who's face's fit better within a certain group. But I still had a good experience working there and would recommend

An outstanding place to be a part off, friendly rewarding and very multicultural.

Spent over 30 years with the Silsoe Campus, best years of my life. Loved it. Had various posts when employed here including: Receptionist/Telephonist. Visual aids assistant, and lastly library assistant.

Excellent place to study

As a PhD researcher at Cranfield University I worked on a major European Project. Was a great experience and found the work rewarding and engaging. Would recommend.

A great place to gain experience

A great place to gain experience with an environment giving you flexibility to carry out your day-to-day activities as well as pursue ambitious projects. Finance structure of the University and management of inter-departmental collaboration is quite poor which has inevitably led to lack of 'working together' culture.

Registry Department

Really enjoyed my time at Cranfield University and was sad to leave, but due to personal reasons had to. Worked in the Registry Dept and got on well with my colleagues. Cannot think of anything else to write as this was a long time ago

Wokr

Very insightful, a lot of top of the art facilities, and experts working in the industry with very good knowledge and understanding of research and relevant work

Interesting R&D facilities

I worked for the Department of Power and Propulsion, one of the most successful units at Cranfield. Historically, this is the department where the aircraft engine has been conceived as a concept and was also implemented and tested. I had the opportunity to work next to the most reputable scientist to develop AI technology to optimise aircraft missions and energy generation devices. Lots of R&D projects with IUK and european projects

Pros

very relaxed and friendly environment

Cons

few commercial opportunities/projects

Fun and supportive work place

Great place to work. Very supportive and inclusive. Had a great experience working with and learning from colleagues. Workplace is very diverse and manager is understanding and approachable.

Memorable years at university

A good university for a lot of prospects for postgraduate students and researchers. typically designed for PhD and onwards research. My time there was great.

Nice place to work

Your role at Cranfield is varied, no 2 days are the same. You are supported within your role and you work as part of a team. People are very nice and friend

Cons

Parkig can be a problem

Good working environment

Lecturer for MSc course in Reg Affairs. the course was held over 4 years with 2 modules per annum. I lectured in both IVD and general requirements for medical devices

Great learning experience

Cranfield university gives you the opportunity to explore and brings out the best in you. Gives you a proper people management and interpersonal relationship skill.

Highly respected post graduate University

Working closely with large OEMs on high value research and development programs.Dedicated and committed staff with a great work environment. Excellent place to learn and develop,

Pros

learning environment

a normal working place

It is a normal working place. Staff has some benefits and some university holidays. Standard working environment. Different teams may have slightly different culture.

Alright I guess

Not a bad place to work, very fast pace environment, never really know who is in charge due to most people giving themselves promotions. A lot of young people and staff turnover is very high. Been there 3 months and still meeting people due to there being so many people working yet not many covering shifts. You can have holiday whenever you want being a casual on a 0 hour contract.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Terrible, terrible payroll

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cranfield University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement