Craven College

Craven College Employee Reviews

Was tasked to work in multiple sections of the business and was involved in process change in critical areas of the business. Was rewarded for proactive approach.
many problems with management at this company. HR tend not to truly address problems with management, more sweep them under the carpet. The area is amazing as are the learners.
Mainly working to offer counselling to young people. I enjoyed my time well supported collaborative environment great team lots of training nice location, good rooms, great it systems, good IT and personal teams. I would work here again if a job became available. It is a great spot to work as they have a few sites and it is ideally located for town and good parking. induction and admin did take a long time to organise but no complaints. The hardest part of the the job was not having anywhere to sit a lot of the time, hot desking culture. My Manager was wonderful I felt challenged and supported. I learned about assessments, counselling process and administration safeguarding and risk management
Good place to work at with fun-filled people. Currently improving the company to a even better standard, with refurbishments. Enjoyed working with pro-active people
Nice teaching staff in general. College declined in all aspects over recent years due to poor senior management decisions which have adversely affected students and staff. No involvement or transparency with regard to reactive decisions constantly being made. Horrendous blame culture by managment with little to zero integrity demonstrated. Teaching staff targeted and bullied in an extremely reactive environment. Little to no respect shown to teaching staff.
I enjoyed my time at Craven college very much. It was an awesome place to study and I learned a lot while being there. Most of the tutors and lecturers were great and I got on well with the majority of them.
Poor communication amongst internal staff Poor senior and middle management, do not support staff Bullying tactics used by management Enrolment numbers declining for past 3 years Very unprofessional staff, which includes Senior Management
Pros
Cons
Not a nice place to work
Great staff in general not appreciated by the management, lots of decisions are based on financial values. Little humanity in the approach to staff or students.
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Backward looking.
It was good there as a student and we have a lot of fun and learned a lot in the time i was there. I was working with lots of different charcaters of people.
I taught students various topic in performing arts from theatre in context to technical voice and singing. it was an encouraging place to work with developmental opportunities. It was satisfying to achieve such good standards of work with all levels of students with sometime difficult situations of limited facilities
Pros
near to home
Cons
no security
Being able to deliver information to younger generations who wish to pursue an exciting industry is by far very rewarding and personally gives plenty of Scope for development.
Pros
Access to great connections in a very competitive industry
Cons
Teaching never stops, even during downtime
I did work experience here for 2 years in the animal department as a technician, and I can honestly say that I enjoyed my time thoroughly, and the technicians honestly care about all the animals in their care. As I was leaving the outside unit had been completed, and ensured that there was more space for the animals that require the outside for better enrichment.
This brought huge job satisfaction in many ways. Helping young people to progress through life and obtain a dream job. Most enjoyable part of the job was being part of student success. The most challenging was the work life balance.
Support for staff is lacking. A few members hold departments together. No care for work / life balance. Some horribly toxic people allowed to ruin something good. Have many years of my teaching life to this establishment.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Thankless and fake.
Poorly managed. No consideration for staff or work life balance. Toxic culture. Some great staff struggling to keep up with constant change and culture of blame
Pros
Great location
Cons
Craven college is one of the top best institutions I have ever studied at. the staff are friendly and the place is fantastic, I returned to work with craven college on a regular basis, they helped me launch my career and gave me opportunities that no body else ever has. I have worked with a lot of students on this site as well as free-lanced work with the photographers and models. They also gave me the opportunity to teach students in the academy and run my own workshops. I will be forever grateful to this college and its staff for their excellent standards and outstanding support to students and fellow employees.
Pros
Perfect
Cons
There is no Cons.
There is no typical day, you work closely with candidate and their managers to ensure the best delivery of the qualification. You answer questions from them both and help them to grow and develop their knowledge of care. I have had a steep learning curve on the preparing to work in adult social care and the diploma, however have enjoyed this as it challenged me. The managers are dedicated to deliver a high quality of training in the care industry, along with other areas too. The hardest part of my job would be keeping the candidate on target, however the most rewarding is seeing them complete, develop and grow within their roles.
Pros
Milage
Cons
No holiday pay
I enjoy working with a lot of students with a wide variety of abilities