Creative Support
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Creative Support Employee Reviews

It would be a decent experience if you could get any response from management. I work in a house where there are 10 staff and the managers are based elsewhere. If you have an enquiry or a problem, as a night worker, you can only email the managers. Unfortunately, from my own experience, you never get an answer. It is very frustrating and answers the question of why is the turnover of staff quite high
Pros
Decent work environment
Cons
Ridiculous planning of night shifts, not enough time off in between. Managers who ignore a problem and hope it will go away
Very stressful, not very good management, colleagues not good or friendly.no recognition, no set time to work. Pay not good. Overall 1 out of 10.dirty politics
The care workers there are some of the very best there is. It's a shame one cannot say the same for management. Their support to staff is minimal. Also the pay is low for the long hours and the stress that can occur due to the client group
Pros
Cannot fault the shop floor staff
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, lack of management support
The pay is low for the job we do its challenging work due to the clients we support management are ok but we have had no face to face support from management since march and sometimes get no response from calls and emails but there is good opportunity for promotion in the company pay over xmas and new year was appaling no extra pay for boxing day and double pay stopped at 12 noon new years day but I enjoy were i work and feel great each day when the clients i support are happy
Pros
Good promotion prospects
Cons
Long shifts for low pay
Management have no clue what they are doing, always go behind your back and turn service users on you. Would not recommend. Staff try and work as a team and then management ruin everything.
Cons
Management don't no wot going on. New seniors full of themselves. No support given. Errors get covered up by another manager. Tenants suffer due to high turn over of staff. Staff lazy childish n tell tales. Managers don't listen to staff. Always short staffed. No thanks from management. Two faced. Throw u under a bus.
Pros
Cons
Long hours v little psy. No thanks from 2faced management
Worse company ever no respect for workers no communication at all management never listen to anything no work life balance pay is poor for what you do
Pros
Cons
Long hours no respect no life
Creative support is a fun place to work, we are like one big family. Management are supportive and approachable. Hours are long and can effect your social life ,but there are definately worse places to work.
Pros
Great team morale
Cons
Lovely team to work with, great atmosphere. Everyone I have met really cares about the people they look after and work with. Training is good. Don't believe all the bad reviews!
Pros
Lovely carting people to work with, Blue Light Card, Lots of training
Awful company from start to finish. Management do not care about you. Treated as just a number I was qualified for the highest end of salary scale yet I received the lowest and challenged this manager agreed yet for 18 months my salary never raised or did I get paid back the amount I was underpaid. when I left I was owed a years holiday pay to which they deducted half saying I had overtaken the year before which was not true. Would not recommend this company at all.
Pros
Cons
Awful management, last minute rotas, rubbish pay, not much care for service users.
I only worked here for a short while. The hours were long, rotas were only done a few days before the start of the week. Not enough shadowing or training. Expectations from management confusing, it was more 'do as I say, not as I do'. It felt like management wanted old staff out and new staff in. New manager was very into herself and not that bothered about her staff at all. A tired and overworked workforce leads to unhappy staff and then the staff leaving. There are better, more appreciative companies out there. I would advise people to stay away.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and no set rota
My advice to anyone who value their own sanity and have good work ethics don’t work for this company. They can’t keep good staff. This is due to really bad management who lie to cover things up. They sweep so much under the carpet to cover up all the mistakes they make. They have set up a system called Code Red but they use this as a stick to beat good staff with , because if you use it to report management or the incompetent sub-co they turn the tables on you and make your life as miserable as possible. The service users are a second thought to management they are just £ signs to this company.
Pros
Met some really decent people staff and service users
Cons
Awful management that lie so much, sub-co that can not be trusted
Creative Support will be very creative with not much support. The have a culture of not caring about staff welfare. They will push and push for extra hours with constant messaging and phonecalls. If they could work you every single hour of the day they would and not give a 2nd thought to your wellbeing physical or mental.
Pros
As many hours as you can possibly work available
Cons
Too many to mention
Management give no support, they have there fav’s.Senior’s untrained, gossip and cause troubleStaff not trained, care plans not followed, Client comes out to communal area, staff tell you to take them back to flats and not let out again (DISGUSTING) complain and your told that’s how it has to be (REALLY)How this place is is GOOD under CQC I’ll never onow
Pros
Clients tick
Cons
Managers/Senior’s and most staff untrained
1 worked at 2 different ptojects and both where as bad as each other. staff done their own thing and clients left soiled I whistled blew and made to feel I was the bad one. the project manager has her favourites and is very nasty and tries to intimiade you treats you with no respect.. don't work there and don't put your family member there, avoid avoid avoid. head office never take your side or believe you. the training was very good iinfact the best I have had. unfortunate they choose managers who only care about them selfs
Pros
Training
Cons
Bullying
Salary is laughable for the amount of work expected!Travel expenses are lowest I've come across, they expect you to use public transport to get to appointments!Company is profit motivated not client focused.
Pros
Cons
Very low salary
I was there for 5 months in December when I found out in January I was needed to go to Australia to help a family member. I asked if they could just keep my name on the books so when I came back if they needed any staff I could come back. They said absolutely not but still expected me to work every weekend and Christmas eve, Christmas day and boxing day
Pros
The work is rewarding
Cons
Management, pay, training
Company need to value staff and not treat as a number to fill in hours of support. Pay is too low and no life balance for employees. Increase workload with no benefits.
Management are a waste of time. Cover ups after cover ups. If you disagree with them, you’ll find yourself in the spotlight under ridiculous investigations and suddenly you’ll start getting short paid and have to fight for what you’re owed. They recently introduced code RED which is where rather than safeguarding, you report it to on call and they will brush incidents under the carpet. If you report a safeguarding incident to CQC you will get in trouble from management as you have not followed code RED (which like I said, it’s a way to brush things under the carpet so they look good as a company). When I started I had a 7 hour shadow shift then was left on my own and expected to do things for myself. Despite telling management I was uncomfortable with this, they did nothing to help. It’s a good job I got support off colleagues. Staff team was great. A few snakes in the grass but overall they are a great team but you’ll often find yourself comforting them because there is always someone being bullied by Management. No room for personal development. A lad I work with has been working here for 4 years and still yet to get put on his NVQ3. The bonus for passing probation is a myth. Myself and at least 4 others have not recieved ours despite passing probation months ago. If you work Durham Services, you have my sympathy. Never trust the project manager. She puts new staff in dangerous situations where they have been attacked by service users who are unsettled due to them not recieving the 2-1 support that they should be recieving according to their care plan.
Pros
Colleagues, foot in the door
Cons
Management (or lack of), working 60+ hours, no development
They don’t care about the staff who work hard for them.Loads of bullies.Even if you report it to the management they won’t move bullies to another service,they will move you instead because bullies is their mates.Wage is always wrong every month.What a joke of a company.Best trainings are offered to favourites staff!!
Manergment dont care, never have your back say one thing to your face then throw you under the bus, underpaid for what work you do. Lucky if you get a thank you, staff are only there because of the tenants or they would leave in a heartbeat. Never known a company put there staff down so much. As well as no support for the staff
Pros
Develp amazing friend
Cons
Management never have your back, underpaid
  1. Employee reviews