Creed Foodservice

Creed Foodservice Management reviews

Clear

Decent people. Fair management.

I really enjoyed working for Creed and would go back in a heartbeat I only left due to being made redundant because of covid-19 and places that creed delivering to having to shut.

Pros

Good pay, decent people, work home life easy to manage.

Cons

More of a reactive than a proactive higher management.

Respect and appreciation

Having worked at Creed for nearly 11 years it’s safe to say We’ve never experienced a time like this with constant struggles and a worldwide pandemic but what has been consistent is the support and respect from the entire company.Creed set their standards high and live their values promoting within offering training and compassion from the shop floor right up to the CEO.My manager has helped me go from strength to strength having open and transparent conversation that helps build a culture of trust and integrity.Would I recommend Creed Foodservice absolutely because they believe in their values,Customers and Staff because People always come first.

Pros

Fantastic staff benefits/Not micro managed/People culture

Excellent place to work

The work at Creed is extremely varied, you have opportunities to get involved in different projects and people of all levels are involved in crucial decision making through working groups (e.g Sustainability, SharePoint, Creed Exceed, Insights workshops).Other managers, HR and directors are really supportive and helpful, they are always willing to make time to talk to you about anything and want to know about your ideas on how to improve the business. Listening, coaching and mentoring are key approaches of senior management who believe that the people employed to do the job are the best people to make decisions about how to improve the work and the environment.Really proactive positive approach, focus on investing in the future and a continuous improvement culture where you are empowered to make decisions, improvements and to shape the next step for your career.

Pros

People listen, are willing to help and are supportive, great benefits

Cons

Statutory pension, family leave and sick pay only

Stressful and demanding

You will get given 9 hours to do 10 drops that is 2 hours away from base, impossible. Loading is extremely poor and most cages have no breaks or doors delivering to a sloped drive meaning the cages will run away and if you try to catch them your will injure yourself, no help and support but when your finished early you will be expected to go and help others which then leaves you finishing later then your finish time. Not much support from management but maybe the job is just not for me.

Pros

Occasionaly free food

Cons

Very long hours with no support

Poor pay for busting a ******* everyday

Never any thanks poor routing and management skills get what you want if your face fits other than that prepare for a long day no help and very old cages or overloaded pallets and then lots of damages also most trucks are reliable but others need scrapping but still get used

Pros

Free food close to sell by date

Cons

Long hours poor pay

Hard work made harder

Started out as a nice family run business with a caring ethos , but over the last couple of years it has changed dramatically. Think a poor man's bidfood !! Unachievable rounds , very very poor loading ! Cages over loaded and in very poor condition , (lucky to have 4 wheels sometimes). Management made very poor decisions during Covid making some redundant when they could of furloughed , they are now trying to re employ people without experience. New drivers have been lasting a week before leaving , but managers don't see a problem ?? You can be given a run with 7 hours min driving without doing any of your 8-10 jobs , impossible !!

Pros

Discount food, free fruit sometimes

Cons

Hard physical work, can be long hours

Family feel

New business and account management. Cold calling with prospecting. Tenders and Category reviews. transport and team meetings. Nice family feel with a customer facing culture

Pros

Nice place to work

Cons

National accounts led

Not a great company to work for

Favouritism is a massive part on whether you stay or go. People are treated differently dependant on who you know. Less experienced colleagues start on the same salary as someone that has been there 5 years or so.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Managers

I work permanent nights and it is fast paced but enjoyable,you learn new skills all the time due to being moved around departments. The staff are great all the way from Directors management to work colleagues. It’s a great place to work and comes with great benefits and you are always helped if you need it

I am part of a good team, and Creed is an enjoyable place to work

My day consists of placing orders for stock needed throughout the business across our two depots. When joining the Inventory and Supply chain team, it was a complete change to what I was used to doing. I had to learn all aspects of the job. I also have to deal with stock adjustments, stock management and moving stock between the two depots. I also play a part in booking in deliveries into the business, making sure that deliveries turn up on time and into the correct depot. My manager is very supportive to the team, and is easily approachable when problems arise. The team that I work in is only a small team, but they are fun, easy to get on with and we all get on really well, and we will all help each other when needed. I would say the hardest part of the job is coping with large customers that do not provide forecasts for what they will be selling. The most enjoyable part of the job would be, no day is ever the same, you never know what the next telephone call or email is going to be. Also the team make the day fun and enjoyable.

Pros

Good supportive team, staff account for purchases.

Cons

can be long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Creed Foodservice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement