CRISIS

CRISIS Employee Reviews

Exhausting, cold, long hours but get to meet people from all walks of life and build real bonds. I learned that homelessness can happen to anyone and that many things can be a cause of it. I learnt to listen without talking, not to advise, just to hear their stories. I learnt that loneliness is a terrible thing. My night was standing outside, checking that guests were properly referred in line with procedure. Sometimes there were issues which required calming individuals that were distressed. There was often the need for diplomacy and conflict resolution. The workplace culture was nothing I had experienced before.The hardest part was sitting in a warm hall way, 9 hours into your shift, knowing you had 1 and a half hours left trying to stay awake. The most enjoyable aspect was being put in charge of the walkytalkies as it made me feel responsible and listening to guests and being inspired by their stoicism.
Pros
Free meal and coffee
Cons
Long cold hours
Crisis company is specialised in deliveries and usually are contracted by other companies for deliver in hard to access place like basement floor or somewhere upstairs without lifts or somewhere where you don't understand what is not right map or place but you are in the field. Sometimes is like a quest game.
Good team , everyday enjoyed making duties, salary was paid every two weeks without delay. Every 3 months we have meeting to discuss every possible problems.
I had a very fulfilling time volunteering for Crisis and I would recommend it to anyone. The people that dedicate their Christmases every year to do it are amazing, and very good to volunteer for.
Muy satidfactorio poder ayudar a personas que no tienen recursos para aprender el ingles y poder encontrar trabajo para poder salir adelante en un pais que no es el suyo en la mayoria de los casos.
Whilst at Crisis I was only in a maternity cover role but there work ethics and direction are clear and enables you to push forward so that you can both develop yourself and also the organisation.
Meeting with people with different background and helping them with their problems. Lovely place to work and enjoyed working with the staff workforce
Pros
Enjoyable staff
Cons
This is a Charity called CRISIS. Yes it is a good place and fun to work in helping and talking to homeless people in a centre,during Christmas time. It is a chance where homeless people can get the chance to come of the streets into warmth and talk to the numerous volunteers. Unpaid volunteers give up their time,either on Christmas Day,or during the Christmas week to help out.
Brilliant company to work for as I am able to work with people from around the world and assist in their development to learn new skills via the introduction of basic online computer courses, which enables them to go out and obtain either a job, go onto further education or just to communicate with others
Pros
Great support team
Crisis is organization who help the refugees specially the christmas days they were helping the homeless people. i was working with more than 200 volunteers that i get experience and it was fun
Crisis Solutions is a management consultancy firm. I worked there as an Intern after I had finished my MBA programme at the University of East London. The company trains company staffs on crisis preparedness and handling. My manager held meetings with clients to discuss the requirements to be incorporated in to the base scenario which was used to make real a made up crisis situation which the company had to respond to. I shadowed my supervisor as he held these meetings with various company executives. I assisted in research and the development of materials and scenarios to be used in the training of the client's company staff. I learned good communication skills, proper grooming, gathering of requirements, carrying out research to find information, conducting training exercises and coordinating. Being a small company, management was not a big challenge. Projects were well coordinated, with each team member having a clearly defined role. My co-workers were easy to work with. They were always willing to help me settle and gain the knowledge and experience I was there for. The hardest part of the Job was developing the needed confidence to approach the top company executives. I hard to work on my self confidence and composure which I successfully managed to achieve. The most enjoyable part of the job was the training sessions. It was very interactive and gave me an insight into problems many top corporations encounter and how they deal with it.
Pros
I had free training, had my transport paid for
Cons
It was unpaid
Crisis was a fantastic place to work, not least because its mission of ending homelessness is so important, and clearly is a huge motivation for everyone working there. The people are unique, driven but relaxed and easy to work with, and everyone is well taken care of.
Pros
free lunch for volunteers, interesting experiences, valuable goals