Croma Vigilant

Croma Vigilant Employee Reviews

United Kingdom69 reviews

enjoyable workplace with understanding management

I started working as a fire marshal from Sept 2017. I was an officer in the Camden area doing night shift. This was post Grenfell tower, they needed officers daily which meant you can work 5 to 6 days. It was perfect for me because I already had the hustler mentality and was not discouraged by the hours. My managers were approachable and understanding. PAY! The site I worked at was £10 and they never underpaid me or made errors like the previous company oi worked for. If I was unsure about the days i worked my manager would have a tracker telling me exact days i worked for that month. Uniform White shirt, black trousers and black shoes. Holiday Once I accumulated enough days i handed a holiday form and it was processed quickly. Providing the is requested 4 weeks in advance. Flexibility All of my previous jobs i had a contract were i worked Monday to Friday. However being on 0 hour contract it gave me freedom and flexibility to deal with important things like dental appointment. I honestly enjoy working for the company and that is mostly because my team get along very well, no tension, awkwardness or back stabbing. As they say Team work makes the Dream works

Pros

Amazing team that made the shift enjoyable

Cons

uncertainty of contract

Excellent Company

Really good company to work for, always paid on time, Control, Head Office and senior Management all very helpful. I have worked for a few Security Companies and Croma is one of the best.

Insights into Croma Vigilant

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Excellent company to work for

I worked for this company for 5 years and was nothing but happy, pay was good and always on time the area manager was fantastic and very supportive all the way and any email or telephone contact with head office was always answered, unfortunately they lost the contract to another company which I was gutted about and I would very much recommend them and hope to work for them again in the future DONT believe all you read on here as I have years of experience in the industry and they are by FAR the best I have worked for!!! Granted not all sites are the same but mine time and experience was great!!

Pros

ALWAYS ALWAYS paid on time with NO mistakes, very supportive and understanding area management

Cons

Long hours but that’s par of the course

1 curzon street

I have worked in one of the GVA sites 1 Curzon street for 7 years I really enjoyed that tenure when I was working with an amazing team, the pay was good enough at that time and will be happy to work with them again if i get a chance

Not a good company to work for

Not a good company to work for, the pay rate is not good and the manager is very rude. Their was a time they weren’t given me shift and I started working for another company. They Croma wanted me to do a shift for them and I told the manager that I’m not available, and the manager got mad and told me that, they dont need me.

Could be a good company

Lack of any formal training , job security is bad , pay is not on level for the job you are tasked management do not listen to staffCould be a good company if they listen to staff

Useless and unprofessional company

Unprofessional company, poor management team. I have been working for this company as a Responsive Security patroller in Camden for 3 years and I have a bad experience in this company. The management team do not appreciated anything you do for them.

Pros

Unpaid lunch

Cons

Short hours

not a nice company to work for

Long hours, low pay and rubbish management team who give you grief and no support. they will deliberately cut your shifts if you utter a word back....

Pros

Cons

long hours less pay

Amazing company

One of the best company I worked for, the environment is amazing, management are really good, salary is really good but every 10th of the month is a bit too long

Pros

Great salary

Cons

But the monthly is way too long to wait for

The ex-military professionals!!!!!

The company slogan is "the ex-military professionals" - This is not the case where I had worked. If you are a veteran joining this company then you will be deeply disappointed and offended by the actions and words of your work colleagues.

Dont go near this company

Unless your in with management don't waste your time as you'll be treated unfairly and bullied by the Manager and nothing gets done by the company. One person is favoured and dictates the shift pattern, u do rotational shifts for minimum wage and they are incompetent at their events.

Avoid at all costs - Especially CCTV

I worked in the CCTV Department on the Camden Contract for just shy of 2 years. I have never worked for a more incompetent company. The 'Management' structure was non existent, leaving CCTV staff to manage themselves, the roster and explain to management what we actually did and the security patrol team as well as fielding calls from residents with zero training in handling stressful calls or clients and then getting disciplined for not using the training that didnt exist. On top of this the client who runs CCTV is an ego-maniac with little to no respect for staff, having been told myself if I dont like it tough, I'm replaceable. The woman is a detriment to the service. Essentially you are paid £10.56 to watch people get stabbed or worse and arent even offered counselling once you've witnessed traumatic events. At one point after joining the union, I was called outside and intimidated by the company CEO and told I was becoming a problem as I had joined the union and was urging other staff to do so. Avoid this company (especially the Camden contract) at all costs! The CCTV team is made up of some excellent officers who deserve pay to reflect their importance to both the service and the company.

Military

If you like the military you will like Croma run by x army ,I returned all my uniform most brand new in the plastic but they still billed me £200 , Security is profit and client first guards don't matter here ,also they try to make you do over time one guy never had a day off for two months they were proud of it as a record, old military men run outfit.,bullies

Finish to try come back to Croma

A lot of misunderstoods and not good comunications with DSM. Very bad company no one I'll recommend it. They not help employees to be team leader duty manager or to receive real recognition of its.

Amazing place to work

Great team work Fantastic management Great pay Great company to work for Some people say terrible things about croma please do not believe everything you read

Terrible company

No words to describe this company all i got a say no gratitude shown keep away everything is terrible. You are replaceable for this company dont care one bit.

Fantastic company

Fantastic work life relationship. Great help from.head office with any issue. No problems with pay and always on time. Client is fantastic to work with.

Avoid

Terrible pay for a very stressful job. Zero hrs contract. They will charge you £300 if you leave within 6 months. Avoid at all costs. Very difficult to take holidays.

Pros

Non

Cons

A lot of stress

Good

I enjoyed the job good pay, good managment and very flexible.

It's All in the Team

What made my work place pleasant honestly is my team mate. I worked in Fulham and Camden and had very good experience. I noticed few people complaining about management and to be fair that can relate to every company that's just the way of life. They pay a good rate and never made human error to my payslip which is a big deal for me. Imagine working all month and constantly get underpaid, ultimate worry. work environment plays a big part, my team get along so well it makes the shift a lot more easier. It's genuine real friendship without the feel someone is backbiting. I would deferentially recommend people to work for Croma. I have to confess already recommended a friend.

Pros

Amazing Team

Cons

4 in 4 off that changes weekly

Bad place

managers like to think they are in the forces they make you work long hours bunch of bullies in management. you can not have breaks or eat when on the work premises so if you have a 12 - 16 + hour shift it is hard lines if you are hungry. it was a awful company to work at not interested in staff welfare

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Croma Vigilant. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement