Crossbasket Castle

Working at Crossbasket Castle: Latest Crossbasket Castle Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews

Poor management, too many hours...

Workers are expected to work 8 days out of 7, no appreciation or even just respect for their hard work. No proper training is provided. Management treats workers badly to the point some of them would cry. Its a shame because the place is beautiful with lots of potential but when you get to experience it from the inside its the total opposite

Stressful

Interview wasn't very productive, included a quick showing-round of the castle and function suite, and asking when you could start. They don't train you thoroughly, which leads to some confusion. I've learned more from other waiting staff than the management. Shifts aren't overly flexible.

Insights into Crossbasket Castle

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

shocking

i worked part time and ended up working 6 days a week somehow… they hired without a background check. definitely not paying their workers enough for the stress they put on people.

Poor

Managers in different areas, especially hospitality/restaurant were a joke. Rude, obnoxious and have their own cliques. Tips are dished out yearly so you can guess yourselves what happens if you're not there a full year which I can assure you, you won't want to be. It's a shame because the castle is stunning and there are well respected celebrity chefs working there, however a change in company and whole new set of management would e the only way to fix this.

Do not work here!!

I worked here as part of the housekeeping staff and I do not recommend it as a good place of business. The management were horrendous. They never had any time for any of the staff (not just housekeeping). They were rude, unsupportive, obnoxious and just a general nightmare. Upon my few months of working here I watched managers come and go as well as waiting staff, bar staff, housekeeping staff and chefs. There is a huge lack of respect within this hotel. Management would shout at staff in front of others and on their own resulting in many of them breaking in to tears. The hours are long and you don't finish until you are told you can leave. Shifts vary and you will find that you are working 6-7 days a week so goodbye social life and family life. Seriously do not work for this hotel, you will come to regret it very quickly.

Pros

Free breakfast/lunch/dinner

Cons

Long hours. Working 6-7days per week. Terrible rude management. Goodbye social life and family life.

I would advise against...

The hours are extremely long and, as a former employee, I was made to work over 50 hours sometimes, even though I was ‘part time’. The pay is minimum wage and tips are not given out until the end of the year and are split between all staff. Why they are reserved for a year is unknown. Working on Christmas or New Year, only single time is offered. One half hour break is given on a 16 hour shift. The wait staff are all friendly and a good laugh to work with. I was brought to tears, by management, on many occasions and I wasn’t the only one. I would advise against...

Pros

Free lunch / Dinner

busy place to work

Busy place to work. Always have a job to do. The hours are long but you work with a great bunch of people. Tough job to do if you have children however a busy environment is always a good place to work. makes the day go quicker

Poor environment To work in

Whilst working here management was very poor and was not treated with respect. There was different staff members every month and were not reasonable or understanding.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Worked 6 days a week although I was part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crossbasket Castle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement