Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North logo
Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North

Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North Employee Reviews in Hitchin

Kind and collaborative work place

I found everyone in the office wanted to help new starters to find their feet quickly. I enjoyed working there and only left as it was a maternity cover role and the original employee returned to work.

Helping People Helps Me

I have worked for Crossroads for over 9 years now. I started as a general assistant and have progressed over the years. I am delighted to work for such a supportive, dynamic and people friendly organisation. I have worked in retail previously and found the culture of the organisation to be so different. I get listened to here. I can progress and develop my skills and meet my desire to help people. I would thoroughly recommend! Most do!

Pros

Charity, Caring, Local, Management Team That Listen

Committed & supportive team

I’ve worked here for 6 years and love what I do, working with such a committed and compassionate team. Colleagues care for clients by caring for each other. There’s a very supportive culture where the management genuinely want to know what works well and not so well to make it a great place to work. The training is inclusive where you get the opportunity to share challenges and learning from each other.

Love Working Here

I work in an administrative capacity and was drawn to this company because it is a charity helping carers and those they love, which as a carer myself is a cause close ty my heart. The atmosphere at the office is very welcoming. The culture is focussed and people work hard but also there is often laughter.

Really committed team & very supportive company

The team at Crossroads are so committed, out there all weathers, all hours providing essential respite support for vulnerable isolated people. Amazing training programme that gives confidence & the skills to people who are completely new to this kind of work. You get a premium if you do more hours & get more annual leave with length of service.

Pros

Good Mileage Rate, Travel Time & Flexible Hours.

Cons

Can be quite a bit of travelling.

Lovely team to work with

I have worked for Crossroads for over 2years now. I first started as a support worker. During this time a completed my NVQ level 2. Crossroads supported me through this process. After being with Crossroads for just over a year I expressed to HR that I would like to progress to other roles within the organisation. I knew I didn't want to leave crossroads as I hadn't yet worked for a company that managed and looked after their staff as well. I then applied for another position and Crossroads helped me develop into the new role and spent time on my learning and development. I now coordinate the North area, I am very happy within this role but still hope to progress further within the organisation.

Pros

friendly team, flexible, rewarding

Jobs at Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North