Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North

Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North Job security & advancement reviews

I found everyone in the office wanted to help new starters to find their feet quickly. I enjoyed working there and only left as it was a maternity cover role and the original employee returned to work.
I have worked for Crossroads for over 9 years now. I started as a general assistant and have progressed over the years. I am delighted to work for such a supportive, dynamic and people friendly organisation. I have worked in retail previously and found the culture of the organisation to be so different. I get listened to here. I can progress and develop my skills and meet my desire to help people. I would thoroughly recommend! Most do!
Pros
Charity, Caring, Local, Management Team That Listen
I have worked for Crossroads for over 2years now. I first started as a support worker. During this time a completed my NVQ level 2. Crossroads supported me through this process. After being with Crossroads for just over a year I expressed to HR that I would like to progress to other roles within the organisation. I knew I didn't want to leave crossroads as I hadn't yet worked for a company that managed and looked after their staff as well. I then applied for another position and Crossroads helped me develop into the new role and spent time on my learning and development. I now coordinate the North area, I am very happy within this role but still hope to progress further within the organisation.
Pros
friendly team, flexible, rewarding
Sadly, despite being a 'care' charity, didn't find them very caring when I needed it. Was very open and honest about my training requirements in some administrative areas and was told that I would get any support needed which I felt I didn't get. It is my opinion management contributed to ill feeling between a few colleagues and I over some issues I was asked not to discuss. Believe my illness came as a relief to this company as I didn't have the strength to fight two battles at once and, as I was still in my probationary period had to leave, On a positive note and with hindsight they did me a favour as I have been using my recovery time to re-train and am moving forward to better things. (Most of the staff were really nice and kind though)
Pros
lots of kind 'rank and file' staff
Cons
Sadly disappointed and hurt with some senior staff
Comment – 16 August 2017
(Had already turned down two previous job offers from the company within a year or so I believe, and, was still offered another interview and subsequent position with them so, they must have seen potential somewhere and still wanted me. Also, sat the required computer competency test which took me bit longer than expected and, again, told not to worry and, once again offered a job.)
I have worked for Crossroads care for a few years now and I have enjoyed every moment. I have worked my way up in the company and believe to be providing the best service. Crossroads care is all about the carer's and the cared for's. We try our hardest to provide the best quality support we can, we are as flexible with clients as possible and always stretch ourselves to provide services. I build care plans for all individuals in the North Herts area and allocate staff to provide their respite breaks. All staff are extremely hard working and put there all into their job roles, without the staff Crossroads would not provide the service we do. All staff receive the best quality training and support throughout their job roles and they know where to go if support is required. I have learned a lot from working for Crossroads care and believe to of had the best training throughout my career. I have had the opportunity to build myself up and gain NVQ's with Crossroads. All the managers are approachable and friendly, they make you feel welcome and acknowledge any issues raised and follow up promptly. All work colleagues are friendly and easy to talk to. The hardest part of my job is ensuring I find someone to provide the service without leaving the individuals waiting too long without support. The part I enjoy the most is knowing I am making a difference for an individual and providing support to prolong their abilities and independence where we can do so, hearing how pleased they are with some support is heart warming. Crossroads care makes a difference and is a really good company - more...
Pros
Making a difference to individual's lives and great oportunities