Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North logo

Clear
4.4
Work-life balance

Wonderful Company

Have loved working with Crossroads They really do care and support you all the way A very caring company and approachable management Salary and work conditions are better than most

Pros

Wonderful staff

Cons

Having to record mileage each month

Great workplace

Fantastic company to work for. So much support from management to other support workers. Being new and inexperienced in care, I fell like I have great support from everyone and great training.

Pros

Ongoing support

Helping People Helps Me

I have worked for Crossroads for over 9 years now. I started as a general assistant and have progressed over the years. I am delighted to work for such a supportive, dynamic and people friendly organisation. I have worked in retail previously and found the culture of the organisation to be so different. I get listened to here. I can progress and develop my skills and meet my desire to help people. I would thoroughly recommend! Most do!

Pros

Charity, Caring, Local, Management Team That Listen

Committed & supportive team

I’ve worked here for 6 years and love what I do, working with such a committed and compassionate team. Colleagues care for clients by caring for each other. There’s a very supportive culture where the management genuinely want to know what works well and not so well to make it a great place to work. The training is inclusive where you get the opportunity to share challenges and learning from each other.

Sadly disappointed

Sadly, despite being a 'care' charity, didn't find them very caring when I needed it. Was very open and honest about my training requirements in some administrative areas and was told that I would get any support needed which I felt I didn't get. It is my opinion management contributed to ill feeling between a few colleagues and I over some issues I was asked not to discuss. Believe my illness came as a relief to this company as I didn't have the strength to fight two battles at once and, as I was still in my probationary period had to leave, On a positive note and with hindsight they did me a favour as I have been using my recovery time to re-train and am moving forward to better things. (Most of the staff were really nice and kind though)

Pros

lots of kind 'rank and file' staff

Cons

Sadly disappointed and hurt with some senior staff

– 16 August 2017
(Had already turned down two previous job offers from the company within a year or so I believe, and, was still offered another interview and subsequent position with them so, they must have seen potential somewhere and still wanted me. Also, sat the required computer competency test which took me bit longer than expected and, again, told not to worry and, once again offered a job.)

Jobs at Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North