Croydon Health Services NHS Trust

Croydon Health Services NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Very Busy place to work. pay and chance of progressing in career are very low. within the CUH learning opportunities are not easily available for everyone.
Management are very unprofessional, they talk badly about colleagues to other staff at every opportunity. It is a very negative environment and uncomfortable to be in. There is no regard for staffs health and wellbeing, employees are ignored when unwell and told to stay at work because they will be fine. Staff are basically treated like rubbish by management and it seems like the norm to be petrified of your manager here. This is all too weird for me so I started job searching just weeks after getting here but no luck as yet
Pros
Easy location to get to
Cons
No career development
By working at Croydon University Hospital, you are trained effectively and exposed to varied multi-cultural staff and clients. This enables you to listen attentively, to be able to utilise problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills to make effective judgements. It also pays to be approachable and have a good sense of humour to alleviate anxiety and the difficult situations of others. Being supportive is the most enjoyable part of the job because it is very rewarding.
Management are not supportive and bullying is not challenged. Poor communication with management. No progression for admin staff & there is an incestuous culture of band ranking. HR are not supportive. They let you know that a complaint is not welcome!
Management not in touch with staff, lots of bullying is prevalent. No follow up of issues and managers don't link up with staff regularly. No chance for promotion of ethnic minorities
Pros
Proximity
Cons
Stressful environment
Got good feedback from job, really enjoyed my work Appreciated by patients which was nice Patients recovering made the job worthwhile
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
Very busy
Croydon Health Services was a great place to work, with a varied and friendly employee base. Here I gained plenty of experience in administration services and widened my abilities.
It's a brilliant place to work for with a good life to work balance. I have learnt many transferable skills during my work at Croydon Health Services.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Croydon Health Services NHS Trust?