Crystal Care Solutions Ltd

Crystal Care Solutions Ltd Employee Reviews

Varied and Rewardig

Working in this sector is very rewarding , at times the teams are faced with challenges due to the nature of the role, but it is nice to see that everyone supports each other. There members of the team whom have worked for Crystal Care for several years which is rare to hear of.My manager has been fantastic with supporting the team and myself, I feel that I am supported to develop my knowledge each day. The benefits of having a senior management team whom have worked within the homes is that have good understanding of the different roles. Most of whom have worked as a Support Worker or RCW and have progressed within the company. The most difficult part of the role is saying 'Goodbye' to the young people when they move on to their accommodation. The most enjoyable part of the role is building your relationship up with the young people that we support and to see then flourish, and the training, First Aid was great and the online course provide you with a good understanding of how to support our young people. The Christmas Hamper last year for staff was fabulous!There are lots of benefits working for CCS:- Various Training courses- all relevant to the role!- Pay Care- I have had prescriptions paid for, Optician appointments .- Perk Box! - Saving lots of money - very handy for Christmas etc.- Free Work Jumper- This definitely comes in handy!- Variety of young people we support- Paid for Diploma- The wonderful Christmas Hamper!- The Pay!

Pros

Career Progression, Great Trainig, Free Lunch

Cons

Occasional Long Days

2 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Crystal Care Solutions. We pride ourselves on making providing a great place to work for our employees and we are glad you feel the same.

Good company to work

Good company to work for who care about the young people in placement and the staff who work for them. Lots of training and support offered both online and face to face, great pay and benefits. Always invest in their staff and promote from within where possible so great if you want to progress. Yes hours can be long and can be challenging situations but standard and not unusual for the sector so not something that bothers me.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Promotion, Training

Cons

Shift work (for those who don't like it)

stressful, no support

when I first started in crystal care solutions I actually enjoyed my time here, as time has gone on they cannot keep the staff and look after the ones they have. The senior management are shocking and only complain when something has gone wrong, they do not recognise all the hard work staff do. They expect far too much and the paper work is shocking. They don't pay a good sleep in rate and are the lowest paid compared to other company's. The children they have aren't the correct matches to the home and they don't care when staff are getting injured. Avoid this company.

Pros

Cons

no support from senior management

2 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Crystal Care Solutions. We appreciate all feedback and we are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as you had hoped. We take all feedback seriously and would be grateful if you could contact us to discuss your time with us in more detail on 01782777511 or hr@crystalcaresolutions.co.uk.

Very well paid job with poor management structure

Management are very unhelpful. Staff turnover is very high. Pay for the job is very good compared elsewhere though this comes with lots of stress in the role and not feeling supported.

Pros

Good pay. Good training. Rewarding.

Cons

Stressful. No support from management.

No structure. No support

left on your own in bad situations. Even when your in your probation. Can't keep staff. Leave you get on with tasks that you haven't been trained for, Avoid the company at all costs.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No support

Watch your backs

I was sooo excited to work at Crystal care solutions, everything was going amazing, yes some people who worked there, gave the impression that they were better than everyone else, some worked harder than others, which is typically like other jobs. Theirs no room for mistakes or even second chances, once you mess up that’s it, your gone, even ghosted. You no longer exist, so be super human and be on your guard, because no one there is your friend.

Pros

Maybe slightly better pay than other care companies

Cons

To many to list

Stressful and no support

Worked here for sometime. Very stressful job but if you have a good yp (young person) then its a nice environment to work. If you have a difficult YP then you left to deal with it on your own. Senior management doesn’t support staff, if you have a problem or get sick you expected to stay on shift as there is never any cover. When you email or contact senior management with a question you get told off for ringing and told to ring someone else. Constant stress for load of paperwork to be done by support workers (risk assessments etc). Never done so much paperwork in my life, like i have here being a support worker! Ridiculous as you dont have support of how to complete such documents, that aren’t in support worker’s qualifications. When paperwork is not completed you get told off even though you been spending time with yp or dealing with crisis (not good enough)- You supposed to be a robot. After being up most night because of a crisis or with yp you expected to do 15hrs shift as normal, without rest or break. If it suits them they move you around to different houses even in the middle of your shift. You expected to drive in the middle of the night after just completing 15hrs shift, in crisis situations which can happen often depending on yp. Senior management very patronising towards staff. You cant do right for doing wrong in this company. Don’t recommend this company at all, unless you can deal with stress or desperate for money. Money is good but it isn’t everything. Many people quit after average of 1yr because they cant deal with it anymore and because of lack of support -

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Sleep ins. Lack of support

2 December 2021

Sad to leave my second family

I adored working with all the fabulous residents, who had a range of health needs, equipment was top notch and staff I worked with closely adored professionally as a team. My boss was brilliant and treated me well. I will be so incredibly sad to leave my amazing residents soon for ultimately what is going to suit my carer in the future just that slightly more academically pathways better. But, believe me if it was at all financially possible for me to do nurse training with secondment at rose tree I’d stay in a heartbeat without any thought or personal-psyche second questioning. If you are starting out in a care role apply you couldn’t find a more suitable place of work! And believe me if I ever do qualify I’d go back as a nurse in a heartbeat!!!

Pros

The family of residents, my boss, the beautiful facilities

Cons

Long hours but that’s all care sector facilities

Avoid at all costs

If you want to work for a company that pays well but doesn't adequately safeguard its staff or young people, then CCS is for you. The hours are very long and you will be expected to lone work with some very challenging young people. You have to use your own car to transport young people and our required to cover any damage. Online training is abysmal and done in your own time. .

Pros

Good pay for the industry

Cons

No support for staff. Money oriented.

fabulous place to wok for

i have worked for crystal care now since Feb , i find my manager one of the best i have worked for, i receive regular supervisions and constant support , my team leader is fantastic always pushing me to go further and is helping with all my training ,always finding new ways of helping the children and nothing is ever to much , i have had some serious personal issues to deal with and they have been so supportive and always asking if they can help , in my opinion one of the best companies to work for.

Pros

very supportive

Cons

long shifts away from home

Fantastic Company to work for

Work that doesn't feel like work. Shifts fly by, working with a truly motivated team that are dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for the young people in their care. Never boring with lots of activities and plans made in collaboration with staff and YP's. CPD is top notch and an excellent system of supervision means that I feel my needs are listened to. I feel very supported and trusted by my manager and know that if I have a problem or question I can ask any team member.

Not what you know

If you are prepared to sacrifice beliefs for an easy life you will be fine. Company comes first then young people then staff at the bottom. Lack of leadership.

stresfull industry but very well supported in this company

Since starting with CCS I have enjoyed my time here and developed my skills within my role. They have a great training programme and I have requested additional training on more than one occasion which has been arranged and paid for. I have received regular pay increases and also a promotion. I feel this is something they do well by promoting staff from within the company. The senior management are really positive and supportive and my line managers are great with me. This line of work is difficult but I feel this is something which is eased by the companies approach towards young people and staff. The most positive thing about the company are the people within it and the job satisfaction you can get when you commit to your role.

Pros

Great training, promotion oportunities

Cons

Difficult industry, long hours

I have been with Crystal Care Solutions for just over a year and I have found the company to be extremely supportive from Senior management down to the individual staff teams. The company offer excellent ongoing professional development opportunities and they have built a culture that puts the employees and young people at the forefront of their ethos. After working for a number of larger national companies I can honestly say that I am proud to be associated with a company that drives quality and the highest level of care and support for some of the country's most vulnerable young people.

Pros

Caring and supportive environment

Fantastic Organisation

Crystal Care Solutions is a very professional, and well managed company. Training opportunities are fantastic and development of staff, is the best I’ve experienced through the various companies I have worked with. I can not recommend highly enough

Excellent company to work for

I have worked at Crystal Care Solutions for nearly two years. Having worked in the industry for nearly 15 years I can honestly say they are one of the good guys!! Supportive and friendly work environment. Managers are knowledgeable and caring, great staff teams and real opportunities for young people to achieve positive outcomes. This sector is always going to be challenging, fast paced and at times stressful but I genuinely love my job here. Training is excellent, nice working environment and the company are committed to growth and development. Great opportunities for ambitious and capable individuals to progress too.

Excellent Place to Work

I have worked here for over four years now and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The workplace is professional, puts the care of the young people first and also places a strong emphasis on employee wellbeing. Everyone that works at the company genuinely wants to achieve and therefore you get to work around some really intelligent and hard working colleagues, it is nice to know that everyone is there in order to succeed and do their best for the young people in our care. Overall would definitely recommend as a work place.

Pros

bonus schemes, funded qaulifications, long service awares, health care scheme and employee discounts

Cons

n/a

profit motivated

For a care company they are not very caring, nurturing of young people is poor due to financial restraints and unqualified staff. Senior management are rarely seen or heard of if at all recognised by there employees, with this in mind please be aware that you will more than likely be placed in various homes working alone with very traumatised violent users, expect damage to your own car and also be prepared to work with little sleep on shifts that can last up to five days, .

had a great and helpful manager

in care work not all is great and staff clash but personally i had no issues and had a great manager. I learnt a lot from my time working at crystal care

Ok not the best

I have been working for CCS for just under two years. Some of the management staff are exceptional and very approachable when you feel like you need support. There are a handful that are their to make money and go home, this is ashame as the company could be something really amazing. The training opportunities are good as they give you the opportunity to do your level 3 and level 5. Mandatory training is all online this is quite tedious and boring to do and you don’t feel like your actually learning much. There is opportunity to career progress, this is more so as the company are always recruiting due to staff not staying long. Over all the company is ok not one of the best out there .

Pros

Career progression

Cons

Messed around a lot with owed hours and on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crystal Care Solutions Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement