Crystal Electronics Ltd
Happiness score is 29 out of 100

Crystal Electronics Ltd Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom41 reviews

Poor Management

Bad booking jobs, have to drive an hour between jobs. More than 100 miles drive per day plus push to do at least 6 jobs. Long hours work per day and paid only for 8 hours

Insights into Crystal Electronics Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

One of the worst places to work.

At first everything seemed too good to be true, after the first two weeks the work load is then unbearable and unrealistic, no training as such just sat with someone for two days then you’re thrown in the deep end. With people walking into the job and walking straight out, you are expected to do months of work which previous employees had left, management were nice at first until you’re expected to pull a miracle out of your behind, very stressful and I genuinely felt anxious everyday, would not recommend, it was either get shouted at by management cause the months worth of work wasn’t finished or leave, I chose that.

Pros

Cons

Management, work load, environment.

Quantity surpasses all interest of quality here. If you value your health avoid!

You cant rate this company low enough to show just how bad it is.There's no progression in this company training is non existent as long you're capable of using a computer or tablet they don't care. To be hired as an engineer you only need a pulse.mileage as an engineer is ridiculous 300+ miles a day was my average with 5 electrical tests a day.Office staff have no electrical knowledge and are often can be rude to engineers due to there managers shouting at them.during my 3 years here the company has continuously got worse and worse

Pros

pay check each month

Avoid!!

Worst place I ever worked for. Travel all over and get paid peanuts! As others have said, impossible workload and promises of bonuses that were never achievable!

Brilliant place to work

A lot of responsibility for my own projects, able to work independently with out having someone breath down my shoulder.Hours are slightly long but on the whole not to bad unfortunately if there is a issue with an engineer/job then have to wait for it to be resolved. Not uncommon in a service industry.

Pros

Food fridge

Cons

Some unreliable engineers

Horrible place to work

Management and most of the office staff are rude and disrespectful, try to force you to do overtime. I was leaving my house around 6am most days and getting home around 7pm but only being paid 8am til 5pm. They do not give you anytime for a break, you're expected to eat your lunch whilst driving. You are given unrealistic times to complete your jobs, i was expected to change and 10 way board and complete an EICR in 2 hours

Cons

Long hours, shouted at by office staff and management

Company cost me my health.

This company has cost me both mental and physical health from terrible working conditions due to how poorly the business is run.As an engineer you are not looked after in the slightest and are in fact seen as a mindless drone that has no life or family, at least that’s the only way I can rationalise how ridiculous the usual working days are. With runs that make engineers travel 250+ Miles round trips and expect a full days work (sometimes more) on top,Majority of the office staff haven't got a clue and usually don't want to know when you try to explain.

Pros

Cons

Long days, Long travel time, terrible working conditions and no work/life balance

The worst place I have ever worked

This company is toxic and is run by cowboys! They set too high targets and have a huge staff turnover due to the fact that management treat you like dirt. They pull you into meetings if you aren’t meeting targets which usually involve them making you feel like the bad person. The clients can be very vicious but it doesn’t matter to them at all. You could give them to the end of the Earth and it still wouldn’t be enough. I have never encountered a company with so much swearing at employees and not in a jokey way either. They are a terrible company and I am so glad I have a new job away from this. The only pro is a couple of the people that work there and that is few and far between. They operate on a “if you prove yourself” system and those colleagues get everything including invites to events. Everything is always your fault no matter what has happened during the day :)

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours and shocking management

No words

Horrible place to work, people being sacked or handing notice in every week. Management are unprofessional, no respect for employees. Very toxic place to work.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Zero respect, humliation from the CEO in front of others, laungage is not office appropriate.

Wow, the least said the better

This is the only job that I have ever done where I questioned myself and the profession. The less said the better but all I can say I stay well clear. I worked here about 4 yrs ago and it still gives me a cold chill as they are not electrical engineers and unfortunately greed brings out the worst in people, I have seen admin become directors here due to false greed and promises. Social housing testing company again, this one is on another level as used to use Aerial engineers to test properties. Is this even possible, I learnt in 2 yrs there that social housing are to blame for poor judgment and lack of due diligence.

Pros

There are definately no pros here

Cons

Long hrs, illegal hours of driving and bad boss

Awful place to work

Be prepared to work very long hours here plus having to finish work at home you will drive all over the country and only get paid for 8 hours. I was starting at 6 to get to job for 8 and not getting home till late. Rude management and office staff, avoid as working here will affect your mental health.

Not a electrical company

Had a very hard time here due to long hours and very poor pay. But after leaving have been much happier and I have never looked back. Still thank Crystal and owner as their poor treatment encouraged me to become a better engineer and I am grateful

Pros

Having a job

Cons

Alot to mention

The worst management ever

Immature mid management staff, chasing targets and figures placed above well being, big brother style tracking system in place and not shy to use it against you, bonus structure is so poor you actually end up losing money for the hours you put it, the salary is average next to poor, company employs a dog eat dog clique mentality between common workers who gather into their own groups leaving newbies on the outside or placed on the list for a sacking after trumped up charges of poor behaviour are put to you by the cowardly mid managers. If they want you out of their business there's nothing you can do to stop them. A backstabbing culture exists there. Best do yourself a favor and avoid completely.

Pros

Some people in the office

Cons

Big brother in place, poor salary

Very poor, and extremely unprofessional

AVOID AT ALL COST IN EVERY WAY!!!!!!!! These people are the biggest bunch of cowboys ever. My time here was the good for the first 6months, but after that it was the worst time I have ever spent at a company!! Most of the office staff are so rude and unprofessional, they don’t care about engineers at all. The good people in the office get treated very unfairly. The routing is so unrealistic, half the office have no idea about the job they ask engineers to do either, so unorganised, the boss does not care about any employee at the company! The office never take the blame for anything.They make up lies to make your time here so bad!!

Pros

Cons

Everything you can think of!! Avoid working for them or getting them to do work for you.

Relaxed workplace

i wouldnt like to write a job summary for this job in particular as i only done it as two weeks work experience. Therefore i didnt get the full hands on

An enjoyable place to work.

I am only working part-time, but enjoy coming to a workplace where the atmosphere is relaxed but professional. My job entails contact with tenants of clients, which can be challenging. Crystal is a great place to work, even when under pressure. I feel valued in an interesting and forward-looking company.

Best company I worked for

I have started at crystal as a customer service team member and development offered was unreal, in 2 months I was moved to electrical projects and on the path to be a project manager. Very friendly team, amazing management team. Definitely the best company I worked for! I could not find something bad to say. They genuinely care for their employees which not a lot of companies do and they are very flexible.

Great place to work! And lots of career progression!

I have been with Crystal Electronics for nearly 4 years now and i can't imagine myself working anywhere else! I have been on lots of training since starting in 2016, and its nice to work somewhere in which they care about your career development. I enjoy every aspect of my job at Crystal, every day is different and that's what is exciting! It's like one big family. Management really care about your progression and you as an individual. I honestly can't thank Crystal enough for everything they have done for me in the last 4 years and i cant wait for the future with this company!

A company that cares

I would highly recommend this company such fantastic opportunity. Great place to work with a great team. The senior management genuinely care about you development.

Awesome Company!!

Best place i have ever worked! Full of training, benefits and encouragement for progression. Yes you are expected to work hard but doesn't everywhere expect that? You only get out what you put in. If hard work and graft is not for you i'd look elsewhere. But if you enjoy working hard and reaping the benefits ££££ Crystal is the perfect place and is full of talented people here like this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crystal Electronics Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement