CSP

Working at CSP: 16 CSP Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

Pretty good side job

A good side job with decent money. Definitely won't recommend it to anyone who wants a career out of it. Hours can be long but it's worth it sometimes, I suppose. But the job itself isn't too bad.

Productive and fun working environment

PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKING ENVIRONMENT, getting free lunches and water to drink and welfare facilities and support engagement, the management and supervisors are very kind and pleasant and very supportive, there is plenty of opportunity to grow with the company

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No cons

Insights into CSP

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • General feeling of work happiness

Bad company to work for.

This company Was probably one of the work I have worked for CEO is to say the least not a nice person and cursed at lot all staff. Really would avoid this company at all cost. Stressful environment with no help from HR or other management

productive

This job was based on stewarding at public events.The good thing about this company is they let you work at your convenience based shifts available within their site. The good part of this job is its very flexible and enjoyable job to do. The negatives are its not a career based job for me.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

shifts are not always available

Good Company

CSP is a good company to work for, they have various different sites and sectors. hours are always available if required management team are open to speak to.

A fun workplace with endless opportunity to gain experience in diverse skills.

A typical day at work involves attending pre-event briefing and ensuring that all information is understood, as well as taking responsibility for the safety and control of spectators within a designated area. We, constantly monitoring spectators, checking for signs of distress or overcrowding and taking action in accordance with standing instructions. Working at CSP requires emplyess to be fully conversant with any methods or messages used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen, Identifying and investigating any incident or occurrence among spectators, reporting findings to supervisor and making reports where necessary Lastly, Employees must recognise potential fire hazards, suspect packages or other risks, and escalating such matters immediately to supervisor.

Pros

Free launches, although, not all the time.

Cons

Long Hours

Fun place to work

Every event brings a new challenge wherever the event was taking place. At the same time my colleagues are supportive and the banter between the colleagues and I is very good.

Pros

Fun and enjoyable

Cons

Long days

Productive and fun workplace

Working at CSP is an absolute privilege as the Staff are amazing and the types of venues that we work at are all fantastic to work at, we don't have a dull moment here at CSP.

Pros

Free Teas

Good for flexibility

Csp is a pretty good place to work if it not your primary source of income and is one of the biggest event support providers in the uk, The pay is similar to retail and it is on a zero hour contract meaning that there is no guarantee of having work all the time.

Pros

flexible

Cons

unreliable

Working at CSP was fun, as you were always communicating with the customers. The managers were always nice and helpful if you wasn't sure on what to do. It is fun to work at CSP as you get to meet different cultures of people and you are not always doing the same thing.

interesting

enjoyed working with them only I was not well and had to leave.

Excelent

Spectator and safety, Traffic Marshall and Emergency Response Security SIA Licence: 013001651319732 Door Supervisor  Work to keep the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games safe and secure  Provide the highest levels of care for our spectators and keeping aisles and gangways clear  Help to manage safe entry and exit at all the venues and helping spectators with enquiries and seating issues  Monitoring access to key areas of the venue making sure that only accredited people have access

Pros

Excelent

Cons

Excelent

Unhelpful, Bullying enviroment

This company does nothing to protect their staff, health and safety is not considered. other employees are bully's and rude to everyone including clients. Work practices by law are ignored. The salary is lower than advertised and expectations or too high. An average day started at 07:30 and did not end till 22:30. Breaks are not given or allowed to be taken, including toilet breaks. When a grievance is raised the management did not take it seriously, leaving no choice but to leave

Productive and a great place to work

Day to day i mixed oats and syrup to produce flapjacks i learnt how to mix the quantities correctly and i enjoyed the whole experience whilst i worked there.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

social mparties,volleyball and football

My typical day at job has always be full of excitment and challenges;challenges in the area of customer complaints, such as your staff did not acted professionally on street,staffs been abuse verbally or violent situation etc. It is always a fun when my staff are able to perfomed above expectation and we are celebrating success which is one of my success factors.I always learned that management is not only to direct or acted as a boss but by been a role model.A good manager also must be sensitive to his immediate enviroment such as politics and the community behaviours and ethic,you should also know that your staffs are all from different background and orientation therefore the need to be fair to all without discrimination apply.Good listening and effective communication is also the key,with all the few aforementioned, it is pertinent to a good and effective managerial ability.The hardest part of the job is mostly on volatile situation that involved staffs and members of the public,sometimes it required visiting police station or hospital and other process like incident report to ascertained that situation is curtail and aviod future occurence which in effects might have positive or negative image on the organisation/clients if not properly managed.The most enjoyable aspect of the job is when we are celebrating success and the image of the organisation is adequately protected,this can be achieved by adhere strictly to the organisation rules and code of practise.

Pros

free lunch during team meeting or pay lunch for outstanding performances

Cons

long hours for most productive staff or working for double pay on public holiday

Good

A typical day at; Is when there is nothing more you could do to change the situation and you that that you have done the best.I have learned a great deal, its teaches me punctuality, patience, timing, dealing difficult people, being alert at all time and how to relate to others as well great team works.My co-workers where Excellent, We got to know about each others more.My Hardest part of the Job was when I had to re- direct a Ambulance who just picked up a sick lady from the Hospital and taking her home.My supervisor was excellent very professional, no leaning or standing on the road with your hands in your pockets. Firm but fair.Most enjoyable part of the jobs is when people come and tell me that the directions i gave them was good and they are please. When they say thank you for the hard work you are doing some local people even delivered cakes to me and i shared it with the rest of the team mates

Pros

ok

Cons

long but interesting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare CSP with

Learn about CSP in popular locations

• CSP