Culina Group logo
Culina Group

Culina Group Employee Reviews

Good hourly rate but difficult targets to hit.

I worked for Culina for 4 months through Unity Resourcing Solutions agency. I was employed on a 7am-7pm, 4 on 4 off rota.The job was quite demanding with difficult pick-rate targets. Co-workers were friendly but sometimes irritable because of the targets. Pick-rates were also openly displayed on the wall which added additional pressure to the job.The manager's regularly monitored each individual's pick-rate score and would call people into the office who were underachieving.After 4 months I was offered a full time contract but due to child care commitments and the management's refusal to work around them I was left with no other option than to seek alternative employment.This left me disappointed by the lack of support shown by the company.

Pros

Decent hourly rate.

Cons

Difficult targets (KPIs), Cold working environment

Overall the Company's Fine. Just avoid Stafford like the Plauge as you'll be treated like trash.

Job was Awesone to start with then went down hill very quickly especially when drivers started leaving as it meant more work, longer runs and your tacho being maxed out every shift. Woe betide you if you try to tell them it's a night out when it's not flagged as one you'll be ripped to pieces. There's only one nice Transport Co Ordinator at the Stafford Depot the rest are horrible and vicious.Only work at Stafford if you're completely deranged.

Pros

Jobs easy once you leave the depot, as its mainly RDC work with a collection on the way back.

Cons

Long runs and hours, Plannings all wrong, Attitude of certain Managers and Co Ordinators etc is disgusting, You're in the office for a scoulding nearly everyday, The turnover of staff tells you alot.

Very disappointing

Worst place I've ever worked. I was verbal abused on my first day, because everyone is trying to rush to hit unrealistic targets which puts health and safety at risk. Team leaders have zero leadership and social skills. I was treated with such disrespect just by asking for help. Management have no control. What you learn in your induction is the complete opposite to when you actually do the job. Absolute shocking experience, its sad to see how people treat each other in that environment, there's a big divide and zero unity. I would not recommend...

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

unrealistic targets, poor management, toxic working environment

Good company and good people

First class 1 job so Culina did very well with training me to go out on my own and in-line with rules. They pay really well with a salary as well as a bonus rate for time over 12 hours. They don’t work you to the bone and if you do a 15 hour shift they ask when you want to start in the morning and will work with you to get the best out of you. With that being said you could start from 12am onwards but drops were usually very easy, major RDC work and port work. Sit on a bay get tipped and go. Nights out available if you want them and they pay for all parking etc. Good company with good people who will help out if needed. Office staff are good too. Nice people all round

Pros

Good pay, good people and good trucks

Cons

Some long hours to be expected with hgv driving

Like a modern day prison

Management have absolutely no loyalty to their staff, they employ clock numbers and have absolutely no experience in the transport department, how can someone who has never driven an hgv, discipline a driver over something they have no experience or authority in

Great place money great pension great

Been here for nearly 18 months. Management are great certainly have your back if you need them there on it .my advice if you want to fit in do your job and shine. Go the extra mile .I don't mean be a muppet or jobsworth but just crack on with no drama and you'll be fine

Pros

Overtime .uniform .pension .management support

Management are incompetent

Job is a piece of cake , management and coordinaters are incompetent . They use there power and positions to support there incompetence and lack of knowledge. So incompetent I wouldn’t leave in charge of a stuffed animal .

Pros

There ain’t none

Cons

Consistently working for idiots

Very good atmosphere & helpful management

I only worked their through agency not direct as employee. New trucks . Easy run no manual handling at all . Average pay . Very safe plenty of hand sanitizers & one way system . Your temperature is taking b4 start of your shift. No pressure from management at all.

Trunking

Trunking between site...the work is easy ,park on bay and wait but you dont have a life...you can start any time ...i was throw an agency , they call me in aftertoon , night 1am or 3am .... shift like 12 13 h and some of the guys do overnights...

Pros

Trunking, easy work

Cons

Long hours, no social life

Good place to work.

Good place to work never had problems with management, nice bunch of lads and girls always helpful and never looked down at you. Whenever I needed new stock it was always provided never any issues. My only one grumble is place closed down so couldn't work there anymore.

Pros

Free lunch and left alone to have a kip.

Jobs at Culina Group

See more jobs

the worst job ive ever had

don't bother working here, this was the worst workplace ive ever had the pleasure to work at, day/night shift was atrocious. the stress levels and targets are too high to achieve especially when you have no support

Pros

Fast paced for meeting deadlines

Lots of in house training for pallet trucks, counter balance fork lifts, 10 metre reach trucks, health and safety absailing, shrink wrap machine. Really good for gaining experience

Poor management

No proper communication from management, low pay, made to feel like they are doing you a favour. They expect you to drive unsafely to hit targets & when someone has an incident it's overlooked & nothing done about it. No H& S to speak of.

Don't work there

Was a horrible company to work for was glad to leave. Staff was great but management was evil and stopped staff going to the toilet. Did not get my expenses for using my own car to go to my training course.

Pros

Leaving work

Cons

All a con

Worst job ever

Treatment of workforce appalling especially warehouse staff who were a good bunch of lads. You only progress upwards in the company if you are well liked by senior management upstairs. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. RUN THE OTHER WAY DON'T GO THERE

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Is good place to work

I'm tink is easy job for my , I'm happy to work there is nice .because I'm not do the same evry time, I'm ork there with agensy, I'm have about 3 month there new but I'm happy if I'm I'm coming on the culina company

Pros

We have tea coffe etc free evry time .

Cons

Im tink the hour is ok

Great company

I am a new starter at Culina Logistics and I am really enjoying the job.Everyone is friendly and always available for help, support and guidance along the way. Great management and supervising team. Very glad I have started working for this company and would recommend.

Pros

Competitive salary, great work life balance

Cons

No cons

Easy enough job

Runs are OK normally 2 drops per shift. One night out a week. Nice new trucks. Pay is excellent. Treated like a human being. Overall a good place to work.

Pros

Shift patterns

Cons

Can be long hours

Haulage Industry Needs Looking At!

Culina is, I would say, on the upper end of the scale for companies to work for. The vehicle fleet is highly maintained and is renewed every 3 years or so. The haulage industry in general, needs to look at rates of pay. Culina is fair with their salary. But it should be better, throughout the industry too, given what you are being asked to do, with regards to hours, shift patterns and unsociable hours etc.

Pros

Well maintained and up to date vehicle fleet.

Cons

Long hours, nights out, varying start times.

Goods in clerk

Poor management, the employers are not respected and appreciated. The management is using the power to show to the employers that they can do wothever they like. Disgusting .

Pros

Working hours.

Cons

Management.

After 2 shifts u become a zombie AVOID!

Simple maths: As a full time driver u doing around 240+ hours a month. Earnings 2000 per month after pension deduction u end up working for £8.30 per/h ( after tax ) u get better earnings as warehouse person and less responsibilities. When u r on your 5 working days shift say goodbye to family and social life . Not recommended at all . This place only good for LTD drivers . You just a number for them not a human being. If u want to become a zombie than good place to work 💩💩💩💩💩

Pros

Very good lads on gate house

Cons

Silly amounts of working hours!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Culina Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9