Culina Group

Culina Group Employee Reviews

I worked for Culina for 4 months through Unity Resourcing Solutions agency. I was employed on a 7am-7pm, 4 on 4 off rota.The job was quite demanding with difficult pick-rate targets. Co-workers were friendly but sometimes irritable because of the targets. Pick-rates were also openly displayed on the wall which added additional pressure to the job.The manager's regularly monitored each individual's pick-rate score and would call people into the office who were underachieving.After 4 months I was offered a full time contract but due to child care commitments and the management's refusal to work around them I was left with no other option than to seek alternative employment.This left me disappointed by the lack of support shown by the company.
Pros
Decent hourly rate.
Cons
Difficult targets (KPIs), Cold working environment
Job is a piece of cake , management and coordinaters are incompetent . They use there power and positions to support there incompetence and lack of knowledge. So incompetent I wouldn’t leave in charge of a stuffed animal .
Pros
There ain’t none
Cons
Consistently working for idiots
I only worked their through agency not direct as employee. New trucks . Easy run no manual handling at all . Average pay . Very safe plenty of hand sanitizers & one way system . Your temperature is taking b4 start of your shift. No pressure from management at all.
Trunking between site...the work is easy ,park on bay and wait but you dont have a life...you can start any time ...i was throw an agency , they call me in aftertoon , night 1am or 3am .... shift like 12 13 h and some of the guys do overnights...
Pros
Trunking, easy work
Cons
Long hours, no social life
Good place to work never had problems with management, nice bunch of lads and girls always helpful and never looked down at you. Whenever I needed new stock it was always provided never any issues. My only one grumble is place closed down so couldn't work there anymore.
Pros
Free lunch and left alone to have a kip.
Cons
don't bother working here, this was the worst workplace ive ever had the pleasure to work at, day/night shift was atrocious. the stress levels and targets are too high to achieve especially when you have no support
Pros
Lots of in house training for pallet trucks, counter balance fork lifts, 10 metre reach trucks, health and safety absailing, shrink wrap machine. Really good for gaining experience
No proper communication from management, low pay, made to feel like they are doing you a favour. They expect you to drive unsafely to hit targets & when someone has an incident it's overlooked & nothing done about it. No H& S to speak of.
Cons
Was a horrible company to work for was glad to leave. Staff was great but management was evil and stopped staff going to the toilet. Did not get my expenses for using my own car to go to my training course.
Pros
Leaving work
Cons
All a con
Treatment of workforce appalling especially warehouse staff who were a good bunch of lads. You only progress upwards in the company if you are well liked by senior management upstairs. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. RUN THE OTHER WAY DON'T GO THERE
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Culina Group?
I'm tink is easy job for my , I'm happy to work there is nice .because I'm not do the same evry time, I'm ork there with agensy, I'm have about 3 month there new but I'm happy if I'm I'm coming on the culina company
Pros
We have tea coffe etc free evry time .
Cons
Im tink the hour is ok
I am a new starter at Culina Logistics and I am really enjoying the job.Everyone is friendly and always available for help, support and guidance along the way. Great management and supervising team. Very glad I have started working for this company and would recommend.
Pros
Competitive salary, great work life balance
Cons
No cons
Runs are OK normally 2 drops per shift. One night out a week. Nice new trucks. Pay is excellent. Treated like a human being. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Shift patterns
Cons
Can be long hours
Culina is, I would say, on the upper end of the scale for companies to work for. The vehicle fleet is highly maintained and is renewed every 3 years or so. The haulage industry in general, needs to look at rates of pay. Culina is fair with their salary. But it should be better, throughout the industry too, given what you are being asked to do, with regards to hours, shift patterns and unsociable hours etc.
Pros
Well maintained and up to date vehicle fleet.
Cons
Long hours, nights out, varying start times.
Poor management, the employers are not respected and appreciated. The management is using the power to show to the employers that they can do wothever they like. Disgusting .
Pros
Working hours.
Cons
Management.
Simple maths: As a full time driver u doing around 240+ hours a month. Earnings 2000 per month after pension deduction u end up working for £8.30 per/h ( after tax ) u get better earnings as warehouse person and less responsibilities. When u r on your 5 working days shift say goodbye to family and social life . Not recommended at all . This place only good for LTD drivers . You just a number for them not a human being. If u want to become a zombie than good place to work 💩💩💩💩💩
Pros
Very good lads on gate house
Cons
Silly amounts of working hours!
Nice place to work clean and easy to work there. People leave you alone to get on with the job plus very nice lorry's.Drops are really big and easy to get to.
Everybody wants to more from you and they aren't offer enough for it. Very hard to take an decision to improve things. You consume all the energy psihic and fizic to realise something.
Cons
Great place to work, I received invaluable training. Without the support of the senior managers I would not be where I am today.I progressed from driving to cpc international qualification.
After I have a really lovely interview and met the people I would be working with I was really looking forward to my new role. The pay was not very good but I just wanted to work with the people I met so I looked past that. Everything worked well until there was a new manager who took a dislike to me and my voice. He made life very difficult for me, embarrassing me in the office and literally drove me out of my role. Very sad in the circumstances.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
The manager and the lack of team work
Worst experience of my life would never go back to them they treated everyone like dick heads they should be shut down for unsafe work environment and they don't tell you the history of accidents like deaths ect
Pros
Get to quit
Cons
They play favourites
  1. Employee reviews