Culina Group

Culina Group Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

Poor planning bad management

Drivers suffer from different start times You don’t know your start time until following dayPoor management if you don’t agree with management and you disagree your disciplined instead of conversation and compromise Office staff lie This was all at port Salford

Pros

Good equipment

Cons

Long hours lack of understanding no thought to drivers lives

Not geared up for training

After a driving assessment I was offered extra training by Culina. There was supposed to be outside contractors to help the company with this. Sadly it never materialised due to a shortage of staff & resources (units & trailers). Staff from the training team are being dragged onto the driving side & also into the transport office & drivers who are being promised training spend waaaaay too much time sat in the canteen. I was even asked to collect litter & sweep the smoking area-none of which was what I signed up for. So, after 2 weeks off with Covid I returned to work to yet another 3 hour canteen wait. I left with a heavy heart because there are some really great individuals at the Avonmouth depot but it’s just not thought through & they can’t deliver what they promise.

Pros

Great individuals on training team

Cons

Not enough staff & equipment to do the training

Overall the Company's Fine. Just avoid Stafford like the Plauge as you'll be treated like trash.

Job was Awesone to start with then went down hill very quickly especially when drivers started leaving as it meant more work, longer runs and your tacho being maxed out every shift. Woe betide you if you try to tell them it's a night out when it's not flagged as one you'll be ripped to pieces. There's only one nice Transport Co Ordinator at the Stafford Depot the rest are horrible and vicious.Only work at Stafford if you're completely deranged.

Pros

Jobs easy once you leave the depot, as its mainly RDC work with a collection on the way back.

Cons

Long runs and hours, Plannings all wrong, Attitude of certain Managers and Co Ordinators etc is disgusting, You're in the office for a scoulding nearly everyday, The turnover of staff tells you alot.

Good company and good people

First class 1 job so Culina did very well with training me to go out on my own and in-line with rules. They pay really well with a salary as well as a bonus rate for time over 12 hours. They don’t work you to the bone and if you do a 15 hour shift they ask when you want to start in the morning and will work with you to get the best out of you. With that being said you could start from 12am onwards but drops were usually very easy, major RDC work and port work. Sit on a bay get tipped and go. Nights out available if you want them and they pay for all parking etc. Good company with good people who will help out if needed. Office staff are good too. Nice people all round

Pros

Good pay, good people and good trucks

Cons

Some long hours to be expected with hgv driving

Like a modern day prison

Management have absolutely no loyalty to their staff, they employ clock numbers and have absolutely no experience in the transport department, how can someone who has never driven an hgv, discipline a driver over something they have no experience or authority in

Management are incompetent

Job is a piece of cake , management and coordinaters are incompetent . They use there power and positions to support there incompetence and lack of knowledge. So incompetent I wouldn’t leave in charge of a stuffed animal .

Pros

There ain’t none

Cons

Consistently working for idiots

Very good atmosphere & helpful management

I only worked their through agency not direct as employee. New trucks . Easy run no manual handling at all . Average pay . Very safe plenty of hand sanitizers & one way system . Your temperature is taking b4 start of your shift. No pressure from management at all.

Trunking

Trunking between site...the work is easy ,park on bay and wait but you dont have a life...you can start any time ...i was throw an agency , they call me in aftertoon , night 1am or 3am .... shift like 12 13 h and some of the guys do overnights...

Pros

Trunking, easy work

Cons

Long hours, no social life

Easy enough job

Runs are OK normally 2 drops per shift. One night out a week. Nice new trucks. Pay is excellent. Treated like a human being. Overall a good place to work.

Pros

Shift patterns

Cons

Can be long hours

Haulage Industry Needs Looking At!

Culina is, I would say, on the upper end of the scale for companies to work for. The vehicle fleet is highly maintained and is renewed every 3 years or so. The haulage industry in general, needs to look at rates of pay. Culina is fair with their salary. But it should be better, throughout the industry too, given what you are being asked to do, with regards to hours, shift patterns and unsociable hours etc.

Pros

Well maintained and up to date vehicle fleet.

Cons

Long hours, nights out, varying start times.

After 2 shifts u become a zombie AVOID!

Simple maths: As a full time driver u doing around 240+ hours a month. Earnings 2000 per month after pension deduction u end up working for £8.30 per/h ( after tax ) u get better earnings as warehouse person and less responsibilities. When u r on your 5 working days shift say goodbye to family and social life . Not recommended at all . This place only good for LTD drivers . You just a number for them not a human being. If u want to become a zombie than good place to work 💩💩💩💩💩

Pros

Very good lads on gate house

Cons

Silly amounts of working hours!

Easy life

Nice place to work clean and easy to work there. People leave you alone to get on with the job plus very nice lorry's.Drops are really big and easy to get to.

I enjoy working here

I have been a HGV driver at Haverhill for 3 months now. I must say, I love it. The office staff are always friendly and polite. The work is good, the other drivers are friendly. It’s a good place to be.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

I do work weekends

Class 1 drivers

Really easy job comparing to other transport companies. One delivery and one collection and that's your day done . You can choose when do u want to start your shift. Approx. 9-13 hour shift. . One - , self tipping in aldi and lidl rdc

I enjoy working here I find the management teams and the colleagues are very nice and made me feel welcomed when I started. I think the work load is manageable and I'm happy where I am.

Class 1 driver

I herd all the good and bad comments before applying but thought I would see for my self. Some long days and some short days so all in all its good for the salary. Home every night as well. Transport don't bother you .hours can be long some weeks but that's hgv driving, it's like that most places.

Pros

Salary, clean modern trucks, and one drop n one collection per shift

Cons

Paper work takes a bit of getting used to but not to bad once get into the routine

Petulant children in office roles

Avoid at all costs. If you want 12 hour start windows, no home life, a drivers rep under a managers thumb and under no circumstances over Christmas you get any time off with your family. Five two shift is prone to this, five three not so much.

Company changed dramatically

Culina was a great place to work with friendly helpful management and fair treatment. However the company restructured and things changed very quickly. Contracts were lost and most drivers left due to the new structures and new management. The hours were maxed out on tacho and it became a chore to work for them. It was unfortunate as this was a great company.

Class 1 Driver

Work was easy, some long days. Average day was 9 hours long. Mostly driving with no more than 3 drops. Vehicles are all tracked so they can plan you while in the road.

LGV 1 Driver former market drayton

Work by the rule book, be prepared to have nights out. You would be doing some serious mileage especially on nights. Don't bump the truck you'll be out of the door and never spoken to again or have any of youe emails answered. Bunch of kids in the office who've never been behind the wheel of a truck. Transport manager used to be a women who hadn't got a clue. To regimental for me. There's plenty of decent work out there why work for a company that as an high turnover of drivers that must tell you something.

Pros

Cons

Expect to be treated like a child and a complete novice

long hours silly start times

you work long hours and silly start times bad management 12 hour start window for drivers pay ok but you don't know if you've got a job when you get back to the yard that's how bad it is,best thing I ever did when I told em to shove it after 12 years of working at Stafford if you want work and home balance you don't want to work here cos they don't care about that, and if youre a night worker you could be starting work at 22.00 pm on xmas day night and be ready for your nights out

Pros

Cons

plenty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Culina Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9