Culina Group

Culina Group Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Good hourly rate but difficult targets to hit.

I worked for Culina for 4 months through Unity Resourcing Solutions agency. I was employed on a 7am-7pm, 4 on 4 off rota.The job was quite demanding with difficult pick-rate targets. Co-workers were friendly but sometimes irritable because of the targets. Pick-rates were also openly displayed on the wall which added additional pressure to the job.The manager's regularly monitored each individual's pick-rate score and would call people into the office who were underachieving.After 4 months I was offered a full time contract but due to child care commitments and the management's refusal to work around them I was left with no other option than to seek alternative employment.This left me disappointed by the lack of support shown by the company.

Pros

Decent hourly rate.

Cons

Difficult targets (KPIs), Cold working environment

Cold environment. Long hours

I worked here for a few years but ultimately left the business due to stagnation and safety issues. Reach and counter balance drivers are reckless. The Milton Keynes depo are only concerned with targets not safety. Unfair pay structure across the Mk site and within the whole group. No training or development, altho promised on interview and inductions. I understand every business has targets to achieve, however I feel there could be a better approach with regards to pick rates which are below the requirements. 4 days on / 4 days off is a great shift rotation however the warehouse can be cold at times and be aware of the mhe drivers lifting pallets over your head or hitting your ppt.

Pros

Free hot drinks

Cons

Cold environment, unprofessional environment, not much H&S

Very disappointing

Worst place I've ever worked. I was verbal abused on my first day, because everyone is trying to rush to hit unrealistic targets which puts health and safety at risk. Team leaders have zero leadership and social skills. I was treated with such disrespect just by asking for help. Management have no control. What you learn in your induction is the complete opposite to when you actually do the job. Absolute shocking experience, its sad to see how people treat each other in that environment, there's a big divide and zero unity. I would not recommend...

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

unrealistic targets, poor management, toxic working environment

the worst job ive ever had

don't bother working here, this was the worst workplace ive ever had the pleasure to work at, day/night shift was atrocious. the stress levels and targets are too high to achieve especially when you have no support

Pros

Please dont bother working for this company there really bad !!!!

I broke both my ring fingers working for these an I still came to work with splints on after being told u cant work (which I was still working 3 weeks while I had broke fingers before going to hospital).to be told you can come back next week an they never called me again just before last xmas wen I needed the job the most theres bullying going on by other idiot foreign colleges that sendmost people packing in the first week its disgusting place to work for

Pros

There wasnt any pros

Cons

They didnt even ask if i was ok.after breaking my fingers made me carry on working .

Don’t bother

Management are rude, there is a bonus if you get work done quickly and it’s dangerous as people rush around on the pallet trucks causing quite a few accidents . In my first week I experienced verbal abuse from one of the employees as she ruined the order I was given . Not a good place to work at all .

Culture is not what is made out to be

Culture is not what it is made out to be...Senior Management do not engage in Employee Engagement philosophy-very hard work and expectations are higher as 3rd party.

Forklift / Operative

Real wage salary above is before tax and also differs between contracts WITHIN THE SAME WAREHOUSE! I work 6-2 on 4p above minimum wage full time employee, Overtime rate also is different for each contract absolute sham if you ask me. £8.76 as of april day shift. Night shift £9.76, 4on 4off £1 extra for shift allowance. Wages are terrible, Managers in deeside are really nice it's not there fault the wages are terrible. Staff are great, Job is constant as you are monitored by your loves by the on board computer. You are expected to learn and do everything for the same wage as a newbie.

Absolute mess

Don’t work here one of the worst warehouse to work at ever. Management are a joke and show no support at all your just a number pick somewhere better reputation

Pros

Cons

Too many

Poor on HR and management

They will tell you at the interview half of the things you need to know.If you need a payslip or something else you have to go at least 2 time a day and maybe you will get it.....after a month or my case...never...the good orders are for the favourite and the list can go on...worst place I ever been

Good place

Work for large warehouse, to be exact 6 units, nice cantina, used to be pool table, wending machine available on site, friendly environment, good team work

Horrible.

One of the worst warehouses I have ever worked in. All the equipment is broken and trash. Team Leaders give the good orders to friends so that they can get their pick rate bonus. Management are stuck up / look down their noses at lower staff. Always on your case. This is not an English warehouse either.

No comment

Var strādāt darbs ir smags vairāk vīriešiem bet ir sievietes kas dara to pašu Nerespektē darbiniekus nava bonusu ja smagi strādā tad varbūt ko saņemsi

Terrible place to work

One of the worse places ive worked in the past 5 years. If you want to be miserable and have no family time or social life this is the job for you! If your ill and phone in the day before your shift they will give you a disciplinary.

Good and not so good.

12 Hr Shifts in a chilled ( Cold) environment, very demanding working to enforced targets with variable abilities to achieve based on random Orders / locations to supply. Stress & unfair, with H& S issues but never recognised. Decent money if full time employee. Steady but demanding by managers who couldn't do it themselves. Or never done. Security cameras, big brother .

Not what I was told

I applied for the position because a previous work friend had recommended it to me. During my interview, I was told they were looking for FLT drivers across all shifts, which is what I was looking for. After working there for a couple months I found out that the only way I would get the opportunity to step up to that role is if I changed my shift which is not possible for me. I feel I was lied to to get me through the door as I would not have left my previous employment to only do picking

Long 12 hour shifts especially nightshift when picking finishes early

Not a good company to work for very poor working conditions and lots of agency staff getting paid lower wages doing same work.Its all frantic people trying to achieve hourly pick rate which is hard to get at 350 an hour. Especially if ur pick is all over the place.

Pros

Cons

Long hours rubbish pay

Fast pace workplace with a great team

Requires focusing to hit the target , but quite rewarding on the end of the day. Love the team and the moral of the management. Benefits are great, but sometimes you have to take some break to recharge.

Pros

Great benefits and work moral

Cons

Cold environment, sometimes long hours

workplace

No one is respecting me and my needs . There's a lot of bullying as well. So that's it'll better if i find another job. I think for me and my family is bater.

Productive and busy.

I have worked there for many years. If you work there's no problem all the reviews come from people who wanted to come and get paid for nothing. Good work life balance 4 on 4 off shifts. Good rate of pay.

Pros

4 on 4 off shifts

Cons

Can be cold as its a chilled warehouse. Nights.

Bullying

Staff treated like dirt .managers that are false and like telling lies ita like a concentration camp bullying and mind games from management on a daily basis .no respect dignity.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Long hours and cold discusting smelly toilets which door is in canteen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Culina Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare Culina Group with

• Culina Group
  • Warehouse Worker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?