Culina Group

Culina Group Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

Productive workplace

They good people to work with, professional and listen to your work concerns. So far my working experience I haven't had any problem. Somedays are long and other are nice and quick

Pros

Listen to your concerns

Cons

Good company and good people

First class 1 job so Culina did very well with training me to go out on my own and in-line with rules. They pay really well with a salary as well as a bonus rate for time over 12 hours. They don’t work you to the bone and if you do a 15 hour shift they ask when you want to start in the morning and will work with you to get the best out of you. With that being said you could start from 12am onwards but drops were usually very easy, major RDC work and port work. Sit on a bay get tipped and go. Nights out available if you want them and they pay for all parking etc. Good company with good people who will help out if needed. Office staff are good too. Nice people all round

Pros

Good pay, good people and good trucks

Cons

Some long hours to be expected with hgv driving

Is good place to work

I'm tink is easy job for my , I'm happy to work there is nice .because I'm not do the same evry time, I'm ork there with agensy, I'm have about 3 month there new but I'm happy if I'm I'm coming on the culina company

Pros

We have tea coffe etc free evry time .

Cons

Im tink the hour is ok

Great company

I am a new starter at Culina Logistics and I am really enjoying the job.Everyone is friendly and always available for help, support and guidance along the way. Great management and supervising team. Very glad I have started working for this company and would recommend.

Pros

Competitive salary, great work life balance

Cons

No cons

Haulage Industry Needs Looking At!

Culina is, I would say, on the upper end of the scale for companies to work for. The vehicle fleet is highly maintained and is renewed every 3 years or so. The haulage industry in general, needs to look at rates of pay. Culina is fair with their salary. But it should be better, throughout the industry too, given what you are being asked to do, with regards to hours, shift patterns and unsociable hours etc.

Pros

Well maintained and up to date vehicle fleet.

Cons

Long hours, nights out, varying start times.

After 2 shifts u become a zombie AVOID!

Simple maths: As a full time driver u doing around 240+ hours a month. Earnings 2000 per month after pension deduction u end up working for £8.30 per/h ( after tax ) u get better earnings as warehouse person and less responsibilities. When u r on your 5 working days shift say goodbye to family and social life . Not recommended at all . This place only good for LTD drivers . You just a number for them not a human being. If u want to become a zombie than good place to work 💩💩💩💩💩

Pros

Very good lads on gate house

Cons

Silly amounts of working hours!

Productive but not interactive

Everybody wants to more from you and they aren't offer enough for it. Very hard to take an decision to improve things. You consume all the energy psihic and fizic to realise something.

Cons

it's a good job i like it

it is a good job I like it and now there is little work for the agency and I would like to work with a contract.I have been working for the agency for eight years, I started eight years ago.and I think it is a good time to go to the company and have security

Pros

free coffee

Cons

largas horas

Forklift / Operative

Real wage salary above is before tax and also differs between contracts WITHIN THE SAME WAREHOUSE! I work 6-2 on 4p above minimum wage full time employee, Overtime rate also is different for each contract absolute sham if you ask me. £8.76 as of april day shift. Night shift £9.76, 4on 4off £1 extra for shift allowance. Wages are terrible, Managers in deeside are really nice it's not there fault the wages are terrible. Staff are great, Job is constant as you are monitored by your loves by the on board computer. You are expected to learn and do everything for the same wage as a newbie.

good place to work

i started on agency and was good to start with, after a while tho my wages started to get funny and they would be saying i didnt do the days that i was

Pros

friendly workmates

Cons

messed about by agency

Jobs at Culina Group

See more jobs

Class 1 driver

I herd all the good and bad comments before applying but thought I would see for my self. Some long days and some short days so all in all its good for the salary. Home every night as well. Transport don't bother you .hours can be long some weeks but that's hgv driving, it's like that most places.

Pros

Salary, clean modern trucks, and one drop n one collection per shift

Cons

Paper work takes a bit of getting used to but not to bad once get into the routine

Class 1 C + E Artic Chilled driver CML Telford

Very rude people works here in Transport department. Very stressed Class 1 ( C+E) driving hours. They don't like talking to their drivers on the phone. They look down at their drivers who are doing a very highly skilled job compared to them in the office. Expect to work 15 hours days/night work, 5 days a week. They pretend to follow the Tachograph/working times rules but don't. They don't appear to maintain their HGV's or trailer very well as they have high turnover of drivers that appears to damage them on the regular basis. They employ a lot of Agency drivers but they don't follow the rules of tachograph so they gets a lot of infringements that could cause a lot of problems with VOSA DVSA if stopped by them. Warehouse loading the lorry/trailers with chilled food were regularly loading them with broken pallets/goods to German supermarket Distribution Centres that Drivers were expected to replace the goods onto new pallets everyday. Everyday you had to go in a different lorry Scania, Mercedes, Volvo. Too long with the debriefing twice everyday where the office staff makes you feel bad every day with the waiting and derogating have we done this or not! Recently they had a lot of drivers and workforce with Flu illness, but they didn't allow the workforce to have time off to recover properly. In fact they sack them as they did with me. A lot of emails or mobile ringing is needed every day? Collecting food from the suppliers was a slow job as they weren't always aware we were coming for the collection as the office haven't told them so had quite a few cancelled -

Pros

Salary.

Cons

Long Hours, stressful job, Bad office and transport department.

Management bad

Good company but very bad management. There way is law. Good kit different shift patterns. Can be long hours. No real home time when on shift. And don't do anything wrong and if your face fits you should be okay

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Stress

To cold.

Really high targets. 12 hours niht shifts rotate with 12 hours day shifts. Chill warehouse. Good overtime pay rate. Nice team depends of shift. Generally good place for first job.

Good and not so good.

12 Hr Shifts in a chilled ( Cold) environment, very demanding working to enforced targets with variable abilities to achieve based on random Orders / locations to supply. Stress & unfair, with H& S issues but never recognised. Decent money if full time employee. Steady but demanding by managers who couldn't do it themselves. Or never done. Security cameras, big brother .

Long 12 hour shifts especially nightshift when picking finishes early

Not a good company to work for very poor working conditions and lots of agency staff getting paid lower wages doing same work.Its all frantic people trying to achieve hourly pick rate which is hard to get at 350 an hour. Especially if ur pick is all over the place.

Pros

Cons

Long hours rubbish pay

glad to leave

full of thieving alcoholics very depressing some staff where very nice

Morons

I worked for these idiots for 6 years through the last recesion , i would of left a lot sooner if there were more jobs around. Treat you like scum , always on your back , no set start time, no sick pay no canteens no decent pension , no benifits to working there what so ever, oh and another reason they always want drivers is because there is 5000 on the banned list for minor infringements , offences or just telling them what they think about things. Typical german dictators! AH would of been proud!

Pros

Cons

Lots

Productive place

It's an ok company people will learn some skills will be good for the featured the hard part it's working long hours and night shifts and weekends I have learn a lot from this company and I'm grateful

Cons

There are worse places to work.

Been here at Stafford for nearly 3 years. Once you get to know the job it’s fine. Expect a 12 hour day and you won’t have any problems. Most days work average is around 10 hours. Very easy work just driving very rarely have to use a pump truck. Office staff are fare. Place is strict but that’s a good thing. Follow the rules and ultimately stay legal. Work both for you and Culina. Take the good day with the bad. Overall loving it and hope to retire here at Stafford.

Pros

Good kit to work with. Clean work.

Cons

Sometimes have longer days but with average out over the week.

Fast pace workplace with a great team

Requires focusing to hit the target , but quite rewarding on the end of the day. Love the team and the moral of the management. Benefits are great, but sometimes you have to take some break to recharge.

Pros

Great benefits and work moral

Cons

Cold environment, sometimes long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Culina Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9