curo

curo Employee Reviews

fun work place

was fun whilst training, learned a lot of customer service techniques and had a fun time doing so. the hardest part of the job was probably answering calls from people with technique issues with laptops and cant access the website.

Good company, bad managers

They use the values they advertise only according to the managers' interests, and not the staff. If manager doesn't like you/think well of you, they'll find a thousands ways to make tour life difficult and force you into quiting. There are cliques within the company and if you dont belong to any, it will ve the worst job you could ever do and your days will be numbered in there. You will never find justice in this company.

Pros

Fair payment

Cons

Very bad managers

Highly Recommended

Having worked for several housing groups Curo is by far the best. A modern friendly and open-minded place to work. Management has its issues but doesn't everywhere. Staff do try to do their best. Some managers have been there too long and survive in post by favoritism and not the quality of work. Some seen spending far to much time talking together, talking about 40% tax breaks for their wives & the next take out meal and never responding to a email ever! However most are trying really hard to support staff. Those working the hardest especially in the contact team get paid the lowest rates. There is an annual bonus these are based as a % increase so the hardest working staff on the lowest pay lose out year after year. Should be a flat rate so more get it, based on their annual PDR. Curo often relies on employing v expensive contractors and wastes huge amounts of money as a result.

Pros

Great working environment, now with flexible home working

Cons

Highest paid get the biggest perks and bonuses, money wasted

Fun, trusting and enjoyable workplace

Curo values are echoed through the entire organization, from top to bottom, which helps to maintain a trusting, fun and motivated workforce. Everyone is always on hand to help others, and even if they can't they will point you in the right direction. There is always a feeling of togetherness- that we are all working and striving for the same goals.

Excellent Company to work for

I started at Curo in November 20, Its honestly the best place i have worked. I am treated with respect and feel very valued. I would 100% recommend working here.

Most stressful job i have ever had

Company driven on targets and you must reach them to be accepted. don't, and your cards will be marked. Bad leadership who only value their favorite colleagues. Choice department? No choices here, put up or shut up! Drummed in to you that if you don't want your job, someone else will. Valued, not at all.

Pros

Colleagues who need their jobs are lovely

Cons

Bad leadership, favoritism and nepotism

Zero support from management

Training full on and no support network when you go live , few checks and asked what you want to learn more in and was ignored and was made to feel worthless

If your face fits

In my experience Curo only live by their values when it suits them. Senior management are bullies and hr are clueless. Colleagues are made to feel just like a number and easily replaceable. What was once a great place to work has eroded into a place where bulling and back stabbing are commonplace. I would not recommend

Great ethical company

Curo is a business that strives to do the right thing for its customers and employees. They offer a fair wage and a great benefits package plus there are opportunities to develop and progress. This is a good company and I know having worked for some terrible companies.

Striving to achieve excellent customer service

Company has come a long way, lots of changes over the last 10 years. Amazing values and social culture. Hardest part of job is remaining motivated as can become very repetitive but people are great which makes the day.

Pros

flexible working

Cons

management heavy

Jobs at curo

See more jobs

Sheltered Housing Officer

3 layers of management in what is on the service a housing business first layer of yes men answering to a more senior yes yes yes collective with a close nit top layer of cut throat business executives that are there to make money and benifit from it. If you have a point of veiw beware you will be drawn in your veiws become others veiws or chrwed up and fast tracked out the door people have friends eyes and ears in places beware. Some very nice and very dark figures hiding behind positions and titles Tenants are poorly treated

Pros

Local

Cons

Him and her that will be obeyed

a fun and rewarding job

this was a very good job for me as I was very close to there age range and I worked well with them because I have been through the care sector before and also my social worker helped me through difficult time and I liked to do the same with all types of people

Pros

Cons

made redundent

Good vs bad

What can I say apart from if your face fits you will be fine , if you question senior management your days are numbered . The place is ran on values but yet senior leaders live by their own rules , there are some very nasty clicks in the offie with senior management making the clicks which is awful . HR are dreadful and try to intefer in your personal life, if you have managed to stay there a long time you will be fine and end up with a job that you can’t do but get paid a fortune for as senior leaders like you . Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Friendly people at lower level

Cons

Senior leaders are headless chickens

company looks after thier employees in return for loayalty

company looks after thier employees in return for loayalty the company lista listed company employees lots lots and pay wages lots wages and is an intergral part of the comunity

Great place to do your work experience.

When i done my work experience with Curo i felt very welcome by all members of there team. They help me gain confidence with customers and dealing with problems that may need more attention. I couldnt of asked for a better company.

Pros

Meeting great people.

Very fun place to work with lots to do and plenty to learn

A typical day at work would be sorting out jobs and inputting data into a database, also sorting out van stock for the tredesmen at CURO. What i learned at CURO was adapting to working in a office, as i never worked in an office before it was great experience for me to be able to work in an office and find out what it would be like to be working in a office. The management is great as there is plenty to do and if i run out of things to do the manager will always have something else that i can do. The co-workers are always helpful and would help me with certains jobs that i am doing and I always double check with them to see if I am doing it right. The hardest part of the job would be deadlines as there are certain deadlines such as sorting out the van stock for the tradesmen. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be sorting out jobs depending on status.

Pros

Free cups of tea.

Cons

Walking down to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at curo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement