Currys

United Kingdom3,330 reviews

Found 3,330 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,573 reviews
currydixonstargetcolleagueprogressioncpwknowhowsale

It’s ok

It’s ok but managers want far too much for the pay you want and our down your back for targets and make out the bonus structure is much better than it actually is to get you to sell so the targets are done for them

Pros

Ok

Cons

Want too much for the pay you’re on

Stressful and unproductive workplace

Never consider working in this organisation. You’re better off applying to McDonalds but I would generally say avoid retail workplaces. Heavily based on commission and pressure from managers to hit your targets especially in a cost of living crisis can be infuriating.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and unable to change shift patterns

Insights into Currys

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Good work

Very target-focused. Constantly trying to hit various key performance indicators. Usually a good bunch of younger colleagues around too which makes work fun.

Enjoyed time here. Good progress, good team spirit. Discounts on products, salary good. 5 days on 3 days off shift pattern, reasonable work life balance. Was job and knock when was there.

Pros

Hard work

Cons

Hard work

Do not bother

Company is a waste of time, repeatedly shaft staff in numerous ways either by moving target goalposts to make bonuses unrealistic to achieve, expecting you not to have any life outside of work and their processes are so poor that it takes too long to rectify issues for customers and you're the one bearing the brunt of it.

Great company, bad management

Great company to work for and most of mycolleagues were absolutely amazing - one of them best teams I’ve ever worked with. Unfortunately management was a bit of a let down, constantly undermining me whilst working on the Customer Service desk.

Good

Good job, my branch Enfield was fun, managers were very good to me. If you’ve got a target just get on with it. It’s not a scientist job just hit your targets

OK job

Mid range skilled work. If you work hard you do OK, the day goes quickly. Good job stability. The pay is the same as everywhere else so no major benefits.

Stressful Place To Work

You are not allowed to put pressure on customer's to take out extended warranties, but you feel pressured into the customer buying the cover from you!! You have to as they say "ask the question". They expect too much of you & they don't care about your well being like they claim to be. Used to be a nice place to work, but they want their pound of flesh out of you!!

Stressful targets and rude management

Was okay to start with but has gone massively downhill post Covid lockdowns. Made staff who'd worked their socks off during lockdown redundant after lockdown restrictions were lifted, constantly squashing moral, out of hand micromanagement, rude managers who talk to you like dirt and have it out for you if you don't sell enough extended warranties, targets for everything, feels like a dictatorship

As most roles you get out what you put in. Management sometimes hindered the fun aspect of working .

If your willing to put the time in too learn the products.i found it could be a rewarding job. My main complaint I'd say was they had bonus rewards on every1s results and not your own so I always missed out because of other people's failure to hit targets.

Pros

Discounts at selected stores

Cons

Management too serious and can't understand a happy workforce is a productive workforce.

Target Orientated

The targets in my opinion bring the job down. If you hit your sales targets, managers tend to have a massively different perspective on you as an employee. These targets can be extremely stressful and I have seen them have detrimental affects on my follow colleagues. Saying this, Currys can also be a very supportive workplace with some managers always willing to show you how to do certain things and your fellow colleagues making shifts go a lot quicker. If you can handle the pressure of targets Currys might be it for you, otherwise do not bother.

Pros

Managers and colleagues tend to be very helpful.

Cons

Targets.

Not bad

Decent place to work. Bare minimum training to get the job done but surrounded by people who know what they're doing. Plenty of opportunities if willing to take a pay cut

no life

management is rubbish. the whole job is stressful as you have targets to reach. managers do not appreciate you even if you do hit your targets which eventually make you feel demotivated. hours that are given are terrible and not within your availability. lastly, managers speak to their colleagues like utter rubbish infront of customers. would not recommend unless you want your mental health drained.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Great place

Had great colleagues who were always friendly and helpful if I was unsure about something in the job. Had 2 or 3 difficult customers and they were always supportive and praised me on the way that I handled them. It was a temporary position and they let me know a few times during how likely it would be that I would be kept on along with how I was doing and my good and bad points. Always there for advice and told me how I could improve in my weak areas.

Pros

Great workplace culture

Cons

Not very long breaks

Okish

Sometimes it can be a fun place to work but others tedious, stressful, tiring. You never know if you'll get a nice customer or not.Some staff were amazing some very opposite! Complaining about staff leads to nowhere.

Great until they replace you

The job was great, it was work from home, flexible hours for appointments and plans, management were fantastic but then the company decided to out source our job to underpaid workers in another country. Don't get to comfortable at a job here because they'll replace you with cheaper labour at the drop of a hat.

Pros

Discount on products and services, great management, Wfh

Cons

No job security, the company is purely in it for profit and will replace you with the cheaper option

Bad!

I enjoyed my job and the people are so lovely until we got outsourced to webhelp and it has all been moved to South Africa. No security whatsoever and unless you work in store or in the depot you will most likely lose your job within a year.

Pros

The Colleagues

Cons

Webhelp

Your team will define your experience.

I’ve had a lot of progression so I can only be grateful for that. My biggest criticism is that the business does work against itself. The systems can cause you headaches and make it difficult to satisfy the customers.The business is however working on new technology to transact and handle operations so there is hope.Your team will definitely define how you feel towards your job. I have found it very educational as a people manager and have noticed specifically in currys you have to engage with and understand policies. This is to manage bad behaviours and explaining business policies to customers.Job can be great and there is a lot of potential for the future of currys.Downside is there are so many system processes holding the business back that it can be frustrating.

Currys Snodland

A challenging role which is helped by a superb culture at the site in Snodland.Home delivery is not everyone's cup of tea as it is a demanding business but everyone helps at local level.

Great place..Great people

I've worked for Curry's for the last 16 years & thoroughly enjoyed my time there, they really look after the staff & help & train you in every way and I would recommend to anyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Currys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Currys with

• Currys
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?