Curtiss-Wright

Curtiss-Wright Employee Reviews

place which gives a lot of opportunities to learn something new. Give you a chance to work in an aerospace environment. Helpfully staff, good managers
A few good people work there but most are not nice people. Managment terrible, don't know the job but still want more. They have big ideas but dont ask the people who actually do the job. HR is one of the worst I've ever experienced. Supposed to be neutral but right on the bosses side.
Pros
Working with plane wings
Cons
Managment, Hr, supervisors all curupt. Filthy place
Give it a miss they’re bloody useless never work for them ever ever ever again not a good company very poorly managed not much chance of gone on in the future
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Three times postponed interview, earnings that they offer for skills jobs smaller than the van driver or a store assistant, does not understand that the company earns millions and pays ammunition to employees. Avoid this company and look for employment elsewhere because you will not earn anything here.
Absolutely clueless and dangerous management . HR women makes rules up as she goes along. It’s a really dangerous environment. Someone will get killed. Just a matter of time.
Lots overitme, nice people. Friendly canteen nice people and managment lots benefits. You can learn different things like winding, conection for example soldering, potting and more more. I really recommend
Boring Dirty Favouritism Unsafe Poor communication Short breaks No team players Office staff versus production Over time only given to the golden boys
Starts ok then down hill from there. Comes across as a very open place but nobodys straight with you. No training, alot of nit picking but no solutions. Very un organised and chaotic. Dont order anything as it wont cone ir itl be wrong items. Feel free to break your back trying for nothing in return but negativity. Manager and supervisor need training also. Seems like a company full of know it alls who cant pass on any help to others. Warehouse full of egos and no prospects or security. Your a means to theyre benifit. Modern day slavery.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
All the rest.
Management and HR are all for themselves. Getting to see HR is like pulling teeth. You are simply a number. Not valid. You here how much profit they made and your reward is a poxy voucher for the overpriced canteen . And a once a year profit bonus which amounts to around ÂŁ15 a week before you are taxed on it. Christmas you get a 20 quid gift voucher. Spoken to like your a kid in school. No respect of its staff at all
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Absolutely wonderful company to work for. I love everything about my job. Great culture, great pay, great opportunities and amazing people to work with. The apprenticeship is a great scheme and offers so much. It’s nice to study, work and earn money all at the same time. We have a great networking base for the apprentices and we get a lot of benefits from the company.
Pros
Great Pay, Great People, Supportive
Cons
None.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Curtiss-Wright?
HR are horrific and lost me my apprenticeship due to poor organisation and no clue what they are doing. You are simply a number and too many false promises. Some really great individuals who work and the salary isnt too bad but be warned of upper management and HR.
Pros
Cons
Hr
Typical day at work is like every day, doing same thing overe and overe again, i don't mind doing that. I've learned a lot, need more charatcetrs to describe.But is time to get other experience. i like to work there,great team to work with.
Pros
free cofee and tea
Cons
Answering the phone Meet and Greet Visitors Upload Visual Compliance on Visitors Tannoy messages Compile the Fire List adhering to health and safety requirements Emailing Frank/Sort Post Scan and File Documents Organise Transport for Managers/Directors Book Conference Rooms Arrange Buffets Plan Managers/Directors Timetable for movements and plans Book business overnight stays Arrange taxis/executive/self drive cars for business meetings Learning techniques and procedures with office technology Co-workers are great Hardest part of my job there isn't one! The most enjoyable part of my job ALL OF IT!!
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
The Company is closing this facility
Good company, not great on development. Learnt a great deal initially and enjoyed my time overall
Worked in a three man team producing various joy stick controls for various applications.
i got laid off after 1 week for no reason at all they said my assembly work wasn't up to scratch but never assembled anything in the short time i was there.
Pros
good pay
travail en autonomie total et travail très diversifié qui suscitent l'interet
Advertised as 6 months contract requiring varied disciplines, after 6 weeks announced that site would close at end of March and when ever I suggested improvements or changes I was told that there wasn't time so all inherent problems will be transferred to new site.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
untrustworthy, no inter-department communication