Cushman & Wakefield

Cushman & Wakefield Employee Reviews

Steady workflow. Close knit work teams. Great team network and support. Communication style used by management is effective and inclusive. Great management style and structure.
Good company, great location both in Paris and London, the office is modern, good salary. The employees are sharp and savvy. I would definitely recommend to a friend.
Manipulating, controlling, humiliating, low paid, near-slavery. Don't allow to leave the desk, clean shave essential even if grows out same day. Trying to be a 8-star hotel which is absolutely irrelevant to the business they are working in.
Not much to say, I was a contractor that after Brexit the whole IT group got replaced with a month notice. The gender gap was real. Just the team leader was friendly, the rest of the team wasn't really interested in being a team.
Management a bit poor The receptionist has more power than a Security. Security does the job of the receptionist but the receptionist doesn’t do the security job and almost the same Salary. More hours of work for Security than the receptionist.
My interview was very unprofessional, I was interviewed by a guy (A) not really asked much about work more personal things which i found uncomfortable, then he looked through my passport and questioned me about why i had been to certain countys, i was then interviewed by (z) he was more interested in his phone then what i was saying.i found the whole ordeal very unprofessional and refused to work there
Good company to work for but a bit overwhelming for contractor. Man-management could be better. Work place culture is managable for a season consultant but someone with less experience will struggle to adapt
Im very lucky to be worked with C&W,one of the world famous Asset management companies in the world, they really give an opportunity to explore my carrier.
Not a fun place to work. Far too much work for the M&E engineers in a building surveying company. Two mechanical engineers supporting 20 surveyors. I was working very long hours.
Been working for Cushman & Wakefield 10 years in the same role. Both HR and management are completely unsupportive. No help with career progression. Won’t pay for any relevant courses to support your role, yet insist you do stupid inappropriate automated courses that don’t benefit you at all. Each year we get a letter in the post informing us how well the company are doing but end the letter off telling us we won’t be getting a pay rise. Whenever senior management come to site, we are never introduced and they are kept away from us. Since I’ve been looking for similar roles in other companies it’s made me realise how underpaid I am. Definitely wasted 10 years of my life.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
No support
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cushman & Wakefield?
It has been 12 years since I worked at Cushman & Wakefield but it used to be a good firm to work for. I cannot really any further on what it is like to work there now.
Meet and greet clients. issue visitors name badges to enter through the gates of the building. manage will keep regular checks on you. I was nive to work in a lovely building and met some nice people.
I was located in the Bristol office and it was a very interesting place to work as i was in the same office as a number of senior Directors, who were more down to earth than less senior people i have worked with in the past. They all had a strong work ethic though also knew when to relax and enjoy sport or socialising.
Pros
Office location
Cons
my hours were late finishes
the working environment at Cushman and wakefield is geared towards its key professionals - chartered surveyors. Very little recognition is given to the supporting professionals be they accountants, HR, credit and risk, operations managers and the like. Long hours, poor pay for the sector and little recognition are to be expected. I didn't enjoy working here, and despite scoring notable successes in centralising UK credit functions, and then EMEA functions for credit i got zero reward for it. I dont beliee there has been much improvement since i left.
Pros
opportunity to gain experience in the sector is unparallelled
Cons
dont expect a bumper pay packet unless youre a surveyor
When I first joined the business I loved the atmosphere, great colleagues, efficient systems. Since the disastrous and naive decision to outsources the finance processes and make lots of staff redundant the company is no longer recognisable.
Pros
Great loyal staff, modern building, decent staff benefits
Cons
Outsourcing has proven disastrous, redundancies, no progression.
Found the company great at start of employment when it was lnown for dtz as new management got involved from hilton hotel the management went all over the place
Pros
Good tenants and buildings
Cons
Low wage, standing too often and get treated like S***or doing the co mpqny so many favours
Since the merger there has been a lack of management and communication! The culture is so laid back that management dont even care. There is no room for progression
Very professional and driven company focused on providing valued and reliable property services to their clients. Great support within teams and from senior leadership to get involved.
It's a very busy department so time management is key. Following the recent merge with DTZ we have various legacy clients/tenants which provides daily challenges, so it's always satisfying to overcome these.
Pros
Central location
Cons
Never ending queries
It's a good place to work, good atmosphere and good benefits program, as expected from a big company. However, it suffers from a lot of in fighting and bureaucracy, and a lack of advancement for those of us which come in without property qualifications.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Poor advancement, little management
got a better understanding of how the IT department functions in the workplace and the different things that are done behind the scenes that are not seen.
Pros
good teachers
Cons
boring