Cygnet Health Care
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Cygnet Health Care Employee Reviews

Featured review
Cygnet Health Care selected this as a representative review
enjoyed my self when working there, • Some of our service users are known to display very challenging behavioural personalities which requires appropriate and integral decision making to manage their circumstances and in this situation, I would normally be the most suitable staff to be called upon to handle and quell the situation as the service users find me very friendly and a positive motivator to them because I was given the
Pros
positive
Cons
pay rate
11 February 2019
Thanks for the positive & honest feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you enjoyed your role and most importantly, for making sure the services were your priority & focus.
Nhs provider, nhs benefits, excellent company values, respect from senior management, progression through free courses and free food, service users all feel safe and in good hands.
Pros
Free lunch, free courses, progression
Cons
A great place to gain experience and confidence. You'll be trained and educated in how to deal with situations. Management will tell you to always talk to them regarding any difficulties. They do not listen though! They don't like to see a workforce being friendly with each other. They use divide and conquer techniques to drive a wedge. I have seen young staff pressured into saying untruthful things to get results wanted. Like the song says "if you can make it there you'll make it anywhere". I have met some wonderful staff absolute pleasure to work with.
Pros
Good support from staff
Cons
Manager staff devide
Over use of physical & chemical restraint resulting in episodes of challenging behaviours. This home is run like the institutes were run and needs a strong manager to promote person centred care. Some staff create more harm to the individuals than their disabilty does.Individuals should be shown respect and stop the strict regimental practices which would change this home into a good service.
Pros
Plenty of overtime.
Cons
Lack of respect from managers tiwards the individuals and support staff.
15 February 2021
Hi, Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback. Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details? If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP
Team work, training provided by Cygnet was an excellent opportunity that I enjoyed while at Cygnet had it not been Child care during the Pandemic I would continue working with cygnet and I would like to work again in the future and I will recommend friends and family ,you will get full support if needed, they have good managers also enjoyed they are training course .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
10.75 hours a day shifts or night shifts
10 February 2021
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. So happy to see you really enjoyed your role with us and we hope you can come back soon to carry on the great work. Thanks again for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
I started working at Cygnet Brunel at the start of the current Covid-19 pandemic. Was made to feel welcome even before I had started! I work with some great people and although the pay could be better am very happy working at Brunel. My role is varied and busy. I get to interact with both service users and staff within all the hospital teams and find the staff to be engaging within a caring, respectful culture who all work with integrity and commitment in everything they do to offer our service users the best rehabilitation possible.
Pros
Free lunch, uniform provided, happy friendly atmosphere
Cons
Pay rates could be higher!
15 February 2021
Thanks for the positive feedback, appreciated. Great to see you're really settled in your role at Brunel and thanks again for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
I haven't worked in any company that offers you training to help you with your job role. I am doing my Mental health nursing this year. My job is important to me and I need to be my best.
4 February 2021
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and opportunities to progress. Thanks again for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
No respect for the staff, constant increase of demands without any raise or support. The culture is of punishment and no appreciation whatsoever. Frequently paid less than what owed. Horrible, disorganised and only profit oriented.
4 February 2021
Cygnet is a breeding ground for cliques, all the units have staff members that are related or romantically involved somehow. They have affairs, yes. If you are not apart of said clique or should you not be an enabler to them then you are discarded.Before you begin to contemplate working for them, do not. That being said, you have your own free will. The real question is do you have time to waste and would you like to experience trauma.
Pros
Patients and free meals
Cons
Ha ha ha
4 February 2021
Hi, Sorry to hear about your experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback. Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details? If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP
Horrible place to work.all back stabbers, trouble making staff, management and team leaders are rubbish. Staff try and get you suspended so that they can get more overtime.
Pros
Cons
Lots
1 February 2021
4 February 2021
Money isn't great especially as there is no extra pay rate for nights or weekends which you will be expected to work. I recently left cygnet Taunton within the last year and the main reason for me doing so is poor pay for staff & lack of support & kindness from certain managers who genuinely think they can talk to staff in a such a rude way and get away with it & ultimately it makes you feel like you're a number which it did so I decided to leave. It seems at cygnet Taunton they would rather brush things under the carpet than actually make a change for the better.
Cons
Terrible rate of pay & no incentive to do overtime or nights.
28 January 2021
Hi, Sorry to hear about your recent experience - but thank you for providing feedback. Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details? If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP
Really good place to work, but on the low side of pay for what we do depending at which unit you are based however there is plenty of opportunity for over time. Also certain units of your face “don’t fit” you will know about it. Sometimes makes you feel not good enough
Pros
Free food, good rota pattern
Cons
Bitchyness, 2 faced
4 February 2021
Thanks for the positive feedback, appreciated. Glad to see you're enjoying your role and most importantly, making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
28 January 2021
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Happy to see you're enjoying your role and thanks again for making sure the service users remain your priority & focus.
Absolutely shocking place to workStaff are unsupportive Management are unsupportive No respect given to staff No team workNo duty of care towards patients No duty of care towards staffs mental health and well-being Physical, mentally and emotionally abused
Pros
Cons
Affected my mental health massively, many injuries, physical attacks, verbal attacks
25 January 2021
Short staffing all the time. Being told you will just have to cope, getting punched hit kicked without any consequences for the patients no covid testing
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Same pay day or nights
15 January 2021
Hi, Sorry to hear about your experiences with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback. Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details? If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP
Cygnet is a great place to work, the work is demanding but rewarding. If you can cope with stress it is a great environment and you will get so much from working here. Understaffing causes issues but you get good and bad days just as anywhere else but I would recommend this company to anyone. Free food on shift only issue I would say is the pay can be slacked for the role.
Pros
Free lunch, better pay on weekends/nights/bank holidays & great pension scheme
Cons
Bad basic pay rate
11 January 2021
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Great to hear you're coping well and reaping the rewards your role offers. And thanks again for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
There was no consistency in the care delivered. Not a safe environment, didn’t have the resources or experienced staff needed to care for the young people in its care. Management would change constantly and they had no respect for the staff they managed. Only offered 12 hours day or night shift, wasn’t flexible.
5 January 2021
Opportunity to advance if one is a qualified staff. At the hospital where I worked I enjoyed my work although there was so much cronyism and Favouritism by some members of its management team and a few were detached. By and large it was a nice place to work at.
Pros
The clients were very nice to work with and had single dual or multiple diagnosis, Free meals, shifts were well thought out, Long hour shifts that allowed one to earn more money, very adequate off days, and working as a team .
Cons
Under paying staff when they've done so many hours, promises to rectify errors did not materialise
5 January 2021
Thanks for the positive feedback, appreciated.Fantastic to see you enjoyed your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
Pay is decent for a student but beyond that not great. You get annual leave which isn’t too bad. We’re supposed to get meals but rarely get time to. HCA’s end up doing the nurses jobs for them Always understaffed.No support for ethnic minority staff who get racially abused by service users.Staff feel unsafe regularly due to poor staffing and lack of regular team members.
Pros
Good experience for people who are newly working in mental health
Cons
Long hours, poor staffing, undertrained.
20 January 2021
Hi, Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing such frank feedback. Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details? If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP
I would certainly recommend working at Cygnet Healthcare. The support from the management I received was second to none. Met and worked for some fantastic people.
Pros
Good all-round
23 December 2020
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Great to hear you fully embraced and loved your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
I loved the job and would go back any day the team are friendly but some will go behind your back and say stuff about you but you get that any where you work
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour's
18 December 2020
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you enjoyed your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
No typical day was ever the same, but they were all structure two days and two nights. The issue is, in order to get anywhere with the team I was placed on, you have to get on very well with the Team Leaders, otherwise you get an increased workload compared to some of the other staff members. They tend to choose who they like, and almost disregard everybody else, particularly if you are rather new. I occasionally worked with the leaders of the other team, and this did not appear to be a problem, however it was not possible to switch teams once I had started, which made work quite difficult.
Pros
Free lunches, scheduled shift, occasional time away from the ward, allocated breaks (total 1 hour 30 minutes per shift)
Cons
Long hours, difficult team, lack of support from team, lack of time to access support outside direct team
18 December 2020
Hi,Thank you for providing such frank feedback. Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details? If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP
  1. Employee reviews