Cygnet Health Care
Cygnet Health Care Employee Review

Team and Environment

3 May 2020
Chaotic,disorganised, and not particularly friendly. The staff employed are often those with extraordinarily little to no experienced taken on by those already working at the facility. This is true of agency healthcare assistant - some may never have worked in such environment but is more often taken on because of who they know. You are left very much to do a lot by yourself with those who are supposed to support having very little themselves to no experience in dealing with a crisis and is often finding excuses to do something else leaving you to carry the burden if mistakes are made. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is time to leave the premises, when you have finally finished certain aspect of the work that those scream at you, putting pressure on you to do the things that they themselves can do when it should be a shared experience.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free lunch, either for the lunch time or evening, not twice a day when on duty.
Cons
You don't exactly use the skills you begin the job with, and you never finish work on time.
7 May 2020
Hi,Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing detailed feedback.Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details?If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk<mailto:review@cygnethealth.co.uk> - we will get back to you ASAPThanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
11 December 2020
Same role
staff nurse (Former Employee) - North East
start of the day at handover, feel worried as lots of staff i didnt know, next shift the same. Bank staff who need our regular staff to look after them...shocking. staffing level concerns ignored for years, not really interested never addressed.Number of service users high, also a danger to each other.unanounced CQC Inspections, we knew within weeks they were coming !! within the company many staff made redundant (i know one came back from holiday to find out). also i have seen lots of injuries to staff, not safe. Now i will get official STANDARD reply that they want to put it right lol.
Pros
nice staff, my manager
Cons
long hours, one way loyalty, poor staffing, money making comes first, poor pay
5 January 2021
Hi, Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback. Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details? If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP
8 September 2019
Same role
Staff nurse (Former Employee) - Bradford, West Yorkshire
As a nurse my job was to delegate tasks to support workers and ensure my shift was run correctly. I worked on a ward with 10 patients with learning dishabilles. I produced care plans and risk assessments and attended MDT meetings in regards to the care of the individuals. Very rewarding job.
Pros
free lunches
16 September 2019
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you enjoyed your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
3 January 2021
Same location
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) - Sevenoaks, Kent
There was no consistency in the care delivered. Not a safe environment, didn’t have the resources or experienced staff needed to care for the young people in its care. Management would change constantly and they had no respect for the staff they managed. Only offered 12 hours day or night shift, wasn’t flexible.
5 January 2021