Cygnet Health Care
View all Cygnet Health Care reviews

Cygnet Health Care

Cygnet Health Care Employee Review

Team and Environment

Chaotic,disorganised, and not particularly friendly. The staff employed are often those with extraordinarily little to no experienced taken on by those already working at the facility. This is true of agency healthcare assistant - some may never have worked in such environment but is more often taken on because of who they know. You are left very much to do a lot by yourself with those who are supposed to support having very little themselves to no experience in dealing with a crisis and is often finding excuses to do something else leaving you to carry the burden if mistakes are made. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is time to leave the premises, when you have finally finished certain aspect of the work that those scream at you, putting pressure on you to do the things that they themselves can do when it should be a shared experience.

Pros

Free lunch, either for the lunch time or evening, not twice a day when on duty.

Cons

You don't exactly use the skills you begin the job with, and you never finish work on time.

2.0Job security/advancement

7 May 2020
Hi,Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing detailed feedback.Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details?If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk<mailto:review@cygnethealth.co.uk> - we will get back to you ASAPThanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.

Same role

Progression and support from management

Throughout my time at Cygnet Lodge Brighouse I have been supported by management in all aspects of my role. There is excellent progression within all roles, there is excellent support for nurses to progress as well as support workers, furthering their career. I have also felt supported and felt I can access support during difficult times. I feel as though I can approach managers and my line managers whenever I need to. Training is always offered aswell as CPD.

Pros

Free lunches, supportive management, progression in all roles

17 May 2021
We are thrilled to have you as part of the Cygnet family! Thank you for sharing your kind words with us. It means the world to us and to our entire team!
Same role

a company who do not care about staff / service users

start of the day at handover, feel worried as lots of staff i didnt know, next shift the same. Bank staff who need our regular staff to look after them...shocking. staffing level concerns ignored for years, not really interested never addressed.Number of service users high, also a danger to each other.unanounced CQC Inspections, we knew within weeks they were coming !! within the company many staff made redundant (i know one came back from holiday to find out). also i have seen lots of injuries to staff, not safe. Now i will get official STANDARD reply that they want to put it right lol.

Pros

nice staff, my manager

Cons

long hours, one way loyalty, poor staffing, money making comes first, poor pay

5 January 2021
Hi, Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback. Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details? If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP
Same location

Terrible management

There was no consistency in the care delivered. Not a safe environment, didn’t have the resources or experienced staff needed to care for the young people in its care. Management would change constantly and they had no respect for the staff they managed. Only offered 12 hours day or night shift, wasn’t flexible.

5 January 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cygnet Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6