Cygnet Health Care

Cygnet Health Care Employee Reviews

Featured review
Cygnet Health Care selected this as a representative review
enjoyed my self when working there, • Some of our service users are known to display very challenging behavioural personalities which requires appropriate and integral decision making to manage their circumstances and in this situation, I would normally be the most suitable staff to be called upon to handle and quell the situation as the service users find me very friendly and a positive motivator to them because I was given the
Pros
positive
Cons
pay rate
11 February 2019
Thanks for the positive & honest feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you enjoyed your role and most importantly, for making sure the services were your priority & focus.
Started 8th Feb 2021 was ready to walk in 3 days but was told things would be sorted out and please stay!!! No structure ,no communication, place totally disjointed live in world of meeting and I.T
The worst place I have ever worked, lock everything away or it will definitely walk, housekeepers becoming managers with absolutely no experience and no people skills, another member of the housekeeping team recording an individual in a meeting and then bragging about it and asking others if they wanted to listen to the recording. No probation review or return to work interview because lack of knowledge on how to do these things. Made me so poorly working here just the thought of going in a morning, my advice Avoid, Avoid Avoid.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
14 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You’ve given us some valuable information and shown us where we need to improve.You deserve better than this. I’m sorry, this shouldn’t have happened at all. Would you give us a chance to make this right? I’d like to take care of your issues personally and make sure your problems are resolved. If you’re interested, please contact me directly at reviews@cygnethealth.co.uk.
I was excited to start this job but realised quickly that nobody had a clue what they were doing and the whole company I had dealing with is a complete joke. Firstly they employed me as a Cook, the job was advertised as a Cook and the interviewed me as a Cook but then they gave me a contract for a Head Chef. When I questioned the mistake I was asked " so do you not want the job"? I said of course but why employ someone for a different job to the one advertised. The same happened with the housekeeper job who was really a cleaner just to confuse everyone applying and the assistant cooks job which was really a washer up. I was forced to work in a kitchen that wasn't legal and broke all health and safety and health and hygiene laws for 3 weeks as the Management messed up on the timing of the renovations of the building I was meant to work in. As a veteran Chef of 38 years with Michelin star training I was asked to go and clean the renovated house and make beds which is a first in my career as a Head Chef.I received 3 different contracts in the time I was there (1 month) making changes to the wage and how it was paid. And I was dragged in the office and accused of all sorts of ridiculous things from bad language to racism which is the first time in my entire career anything like that has happened. They lied to my face, didnt honour my legal rights of a representative or union member and failed to follow the recommended guidance from the Government. A disgusting company run by morons
Pros
I left
Cons
Woke BS policies, anyone offended can report you, company training says there are 12 different sexes
14 April 2021
I’m so sorry we missed the mark on this.We should have caught this the first time, but we didn’t. These mistakes have been hard (and expensive) lessons to learn. We’re using your feedback to make changes.Can we make this up to you?I’d like to do whatever I can to correct our mistake and earn your forgiveness. What can we do to make this right?Please reach me directly at: reviews@cygnethealth.co.uk
I love working for this company, we work great together, any issues management is straight on to things sorting it out. Teamwork is great, opportunity for overtime if needed/ wanted. The individuals I support are amazing and like my work family! Issues around career progression not a lot of opportunities for support workers to progress without qualifications regardless of experience and how committed you are. Overall the company makes you feel part of the team, I love working for them.
Pros
Great management, free lunches, good teamwork
Cons
Not much career progression
12 April 2021
Wow! It sounds like you're having a good time with us.Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It means so much when our happy employees share their experiences.We’re glad we were able to meet your expectations!
Met some great people on both sides of the fence. Enjoyed working here but unfortunately grew tired of having a manager with no people skills. Too much micromanaging over jobs that can be done by anyone. Alot of gossiping about people's personal information too which shouldn't even happen. The kitchen has had a high staff turnover.... I wonder why lol
This place is absolutely unprofessionalThe management all British and they not even have experience themself too. This place never appraciate you. Money and profit orientate, they dont care the staff. Please dont go to work there
Pros
JkT potato only and bread
Cons
Long hours no overtime
1 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback and criticisms. We've taken your thoughts to heart and we're planning on making some internal changes based on your recommendations...
Domestics have no respect from certain members of staff unsupported spoken to like something u stepped in patients are left alone unsupported when needed
30 March 2021
I wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us. I’m disappointed to hear that you were treated in a way, that was less than you deserve.I’m so sorry about that.If you’re open to it, I’d like to make this up to you - please contact reviews@cygnethealth.co.uk to take this up further...
Loved working for Cygnet Lodge Salford.Staff and management the best I have ever seen. Is like a family and they deliver the best for patients.
Pros
Free lunches, dinner
26 March 2021
It was a pleasure having you work for us. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us.I'm glad you felt like family - we hope you'll enjoy your time at your new place of work just as much…
If your face fits then your ok. Manager only cares about keeping the admin girls happy. Bringing them treats everyday. Lots of bullying and when you try to talk with the manager about it he just brushes it under the carpet. Staff being assaulted and abused. Would avoid
26 March 2021
What you went through — it all sounds horrible - this should not have happened. Can we try and make this up to you? Please contact me directly at reviews@cygnethealth.co.uk - I’d like to get this resolved for you within 24 hours if you’re available.Your experience with us was terrible. You deserve better; please allow us to show you.
overall not a bad start, how ever bad managment, dont listen to new staff, stay clear of this company, blame staff without meetings and sack s*** tbh...........
Pros
Cons
change the whole system
19 March 2021
Hi, Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback. Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details? If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP
The staff at cygnet are great to work with they all help each other out and are friendly and welcoming and supportive to everyone could not ask for a better team. The manager always tries to help if you have any problems or if you are struggling tries to find the best way to help you. You always get paid on time and are always there to lend a helping hand with anything you need.
Pros
Friendly environment
12 March 2021
Wow! It sounds like you're having a fantastic time with us.Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It means so much when our happy employees share their experiences.We’re glad we were able to meet your expectations!
I have worked at Dene Brook for around 3 years now, and I have enjoyed every minute. It’s a challenging but rewarding job, all correct training is given and very useful. Management team are very friendly and approachable. Overall staff team are great along days/nights. Always the potential to progress in roles.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
More better pay.
16 March 2021
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
Challenging role thats hard work but with the team work and supportive management i couldnt imagine working anywhere else! Massive improvements to complex individuals over the years make the hard work worth it.
Pros
I love my job
Cons
Pay could be better
9 March 2021
We are thrilled to have you as part of the Cygnet family! Thank you for sharing your kind words with us. It means the world to us and to our entire team!
The job is good. Love supporting residents, however the place slacks. Everyone is on team leader office, staff not supporting there residents Left for agency to do all the work. Staff are nowhere to be seen or sat on team leader office. Some residents have no staff all day. Staff on allocation sheet are put down as supporting 2 staff when realistically it is only one staff member supporting the residents. Your lucky if u get a break. If your a smoker u are defintly guaranteed to get a break. The place is if your face fits. It's all cliques if you not part of team you do not fit. Team leader always allocates staff to where he wants them. Not the best interest for the resident. Concerns raised to management are never dealt with. Meant to be open door policy that does not exist in the work place. But love my job supporting residents
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not appreciated
12 March 2021
Hi,I’m so sorry we let you down.We’ve taken your feedback and the feedback of other reviewers to heart. We’re in the process of making some major changes. Is there anything we can do to make this up to you? We’d like to make things right if I can. Are you open to this?If so, please contact us via reviews@cygnethealth.co.uk
Not the best place to work, good for experience but would not recommend long stay at the job. Very unorganised and you’re given so much responsibility with no promotion or more benefits.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unsupportive Bad management low pay poor work life balance
9 March 2021
Please contact us at review@cygnethealth.co.uk to determine how we can provide you with a solution. We value our employees' opinions and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Give your front line care workers who worked through covid a good pay rise or at least a good bonus. You may need them to step up again in the future!!!
Pros
Friendly onsite staff
Cons
Bad pay rate for the position
9 March 2021
Thanks very much for your balanced review. We’re glad you felt positive about being on site - it's something we've worked hard on and we're pleased our efforts resonated with you.
I really enjoyed helping people, during a difficult time in their life’s. I worked with some amazing caring staff some changes did need to happen but patients were always put first.
3 March 2021
It was a pleasure having you work for us. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us.I'm glad you felt so at home within our team - good luck in the future!
Nhs provider, nhs benefits, excellent company values, respect from senior management, progression through free courses and free food, service users all feel safe and in good hands.
Pros
Free lunch, free courses, progression
3 March 2021
This is incredible; thank you for sharing that with us! It's wonderful that your work has made such a difference for you and, in turn, our service usersWould it be alright if we shared your story with our team here?Thanks for your trust.
A great place to gain experience and confidence. You'll be trained and educated in how to deal with situations. Management will tell you to always talk to them regarding any difficulties. They do not listen though! They don't like to see a workforce being friendly with each other. They use divide and conquer techniques to drive a wedge. I have seen young staff pressured into saying untruthful things to get results wanted. Like the song says "if you can make it there you'll make it anywhere". I have met some wonderful staff absolute pleasure to work with.
Pros
Good support from staff
Cons
Manager staff devide
3 March 2021
We’re so sorry that your experience did not match your expectations. Please help us to improve by providing more information on your experience. If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk we’ll use your feedback to make some important changes...
Over use of physical & chemical restraint resulting in episodes of challenging behaviours. This home is run like the institutes were run and needs a strong manager to promote person centred care. Some staff create more harm to the individuals than their disabilty does.Individuals should be shown respect and stop the strict regimental practices which would change this home into a good service.
Pros
Plenty of overtime.
Cons
Lack of respect from managers tiwards the individuals and support staff.
15 February 2021