Cygnet Health Care
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Cygnet Health Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom430 reviews

Stressful job

It’s a love hate job you either love it or hate it it’s not for everyone and I would advise anyone struggling with mental health not to join, as it’s stressful dealing with incidents it’s hectic understaffed a lot and staff can be sometimes clicky and and 2 faced so be careful who you trust but on the other hand you do meet amazing staff and people and patients and have so much fun. this is honestly one of the best jobs I’ve had my manger is good and we’ve got a strong team without a strong team you can not run a ward. But knowing your helping someone have a better quality of life some what and making their day by playing games doing activities/ supporting them is the best feeling in the world. the pay is not great for the stress and long hours this job can throw at you there is access to support. There’s somewhat progression to senior or nurse or activity coordinator if you want to expand. I’ve had my fair share of bad days and good days here but I still enjoy working here I hope this helps

23 May 2022
Thanks very much for your balanced feedback and criticisms. We've taken your thoughts on board and we're planning on making some internal changes based on your recommendations...

Kind, friendly workplace

Following on from my previous recruitment role I can confidently say Cygnet goes above and beyond. The atmosphere is incredibly supportive and kind, relaxed, flexible, management listen to you and offer support, progression is available, senior management are incredibly approachable and friendly and treat everyone equally. The hybrid model works brilliantly enabling you to WFH sometimes and in office, they're flexible with start and end times, happy to accommodate if you have things going on at home. The benefits scheme is also fantastically generous. I feel proud to discuss the sites I recruit for and of working for the company as a whole.

23 May 2022
This is incredible - thank you for sharing that with us! It's wonderful that your work has made such a difference for you and, in turn, our service usersThanks for your trust.

Insights into Cygnet Health Care

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Poor upper management

My whole review is that upper management did not care for my judgment they always believed the service users views and not mine they were often rude and did not care about the staff always taking sides and not the expressions of the support worker the service users always won

Pros

None to report

Cons

Hours were pretty good

18 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You’ve given us some valuable information and shown us where we need to improve. If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk we’d like use your feedback to make some important changes if you would like to get involved?

Productive and fun place

The pay needs to be reviewed as it will improve motivation of workers. Better pay more commitment is inevitable . It is an interesting and fun place to work

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Low pay

16 May 2022
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.

Physically and mentally hardwork but challenging

Management don't seem to care about staffs wellbeing or mental health . Work with some fantastic colleagues good rewards but rubbish sick pay . Long hours and not always enough staff on shift

Productive work place

Lovely place to work, The kitchen team are awesome people, who make you feel welcome, worked here for a short time, but had to move due to family commitments, but so pleased I had the pleasure of finding amazing people to work with.

Pros

Good pay

12 May 2022
Wow! It sounds like you had a great time with us.Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us - it means so much when our happy employees share their experiences.We’re glad we were able to make you feel welcome & meet your expectations - good luck in your new job!

Favouritism

This company has favourites......Manager not very supportive never asked why I wanted to leave.Senior manager only cares for admin they are they only ones who get gifts.Poor working equipment.People tell lies about you very get any apologies and no one seems to care about your feelings.Will never work there again.

Pros

Free lunches when the kitchen is open

Cons

No support

12 May 2022
I wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us. I’m disappointed to hear that you were treated in a way that was less than you deserve.If you’re open to it, I’d like to find out more - please contact review@cygnethealth.co.uk to take this up further...

Good workplace

I absolutely loved my job met some amazing people , learned so much about mental health including how to do incident reports and body maps , would go back again

Pros

Friendly staff

10 May 2022
It was a pleasure having you work for us. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us.I'm glad you felt you learned so much in your time here as it's something we want all our employees to experience...We hope you'll enjoy your time at your new place of work just as much!

Toxic culture

Can't recommend. Staff treatment is appalling. Staff are not supported, progress pathway very unclear. Salary is poor and issues with constant understaffing.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Everything else

10 May 2022
Hi, Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback. Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details? If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP

Horrible, draining, unprofessional.

Management is corrupt they pick and choose their favourites. No breaks. No training. Horrible food. Staff have cliques and bully/torment staff they don't like. Some times even get paid less then what you've worked 0 communication from management. You are expected to worl 12 hours a day 4 days a week constantly switching beentween day shift and night shift Overall a horrible place to work the job itself I loved everything else you couldn't pay me enough to go through again, can't trust anyone in there management don't even look after the residents, only care about the money.

Pros

The work you do is rewarding

Cons

Everything else

Horrendous

Poor management. Untrained staff. Staff abused on a daily basis. Residents out of control. Stressful, hectic. More agency than full time staff. Residents neglected.

Pros

Cons

Long hours. Get beaten up constantly.

28 April 2022
I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment with us, and I would like to help making things right. If you could provide more information on your experience at review@cygnethealth.co.uk, you'll be helping us to improve...

Don’t work here

Terrible place to work at, long hours with no breaks. They tell you you can only eat when the patients eat. other staff are horrible and if you are in good terms with the nurses they give you the easiest people to work with every one else gets the hardest people. Management is rubbish don’t care about anything other that they have the right amount of people working

28 April 2022
We’re so sorry that your experience did not match your expectations. Please help us to improve by providing more information on your experience. We can be reached at review@cygnethealth.co.uk

Bullied and Pushed out of my Job

I poured my heart and soul into my Job as a Domestic Assistant, but one day after I made a small mistake senior management closed ranks and threw me out of my job. I didn't stand a chance, but sadly, I wasn't surprised.

Pros

can't think of any

Cons

once wrong move and you'll be cast out of your job

28 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You’ve given us some valuable information and shown us where we need to improve.You deserve better than this. I’m sorry, this shouldn’t have happened at all. Would you give us a chance to make this right? I’d like to take care of your issues personally and make sure your problems are resolved. If you’re interested, please contact me directly at review@cygnethealth.co.uk. Thanks to you, we’ve made the following changes. I’ll make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Challenging

Extremely challenging in many ways. Sometimes rewarding. Staff are definitely not paid enough for what they do. Need to use agency staff to take pressure of current regular staff, help promote work life balance.

28 April 2022
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're grateful for employees like you. If you’d like to go into more detail, please send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk and we can start a conversation.

Management don't listen & cut corners

Managers don't listen, unsafe working practices, concerns around safety in sites. Managers not trained properly to deliver safe working for those in the facilities.

Cons

Unfairly treated, bullied, discrimination & not treated equally

25 April 2022
Your review is very concerning to us. We would appreciate it if you would contact us at review@cygnethealth.co.uk so we can speak about your recent experience, review how we do things and shape a better future for our staff...thank you.

I would not recommend anyone to work there

Absolutely pathetic staff stab you in the back without knowing what is going on they don't want support workers what they really want is prison officers they promise a lot but never deliver on their promises they say one thing but mean the complete opposite I would even say they think when they are wrong they are right is their attitude

Pros

4 days one week and 3 days the next week

Cons

Management refuse to listen

25 April 2022
We’re sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies. We are committed to providing a great employee environment and we would like to make things right. If you could contact us, in confidence, at review@cygnethealth.co.uk, we're here to listen...

Great teamwork

l enjoyed my time here albeit short. Staff were very supportive and checked in regularly to see how things were going and how you were feeling. Only left for a job that was much closer to home.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

As with any job you may be required to work on past your time based on business need

19 April 2022
It was a pleasure having you work for us. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us.We hope you'll enjoy your time at your new place of work just as much…

Understaffed

Its so understaffed that you can end up working 9 days in a row and be lucky that you have 2 days off. They say they are there to help you but all they ever do is put team leader under a microscope and dissaplin them.

19 April 2022
Thank you for your feedback and criticisms. We've taken your thoughts on board and we're planning on making some internal changes based on your recommendations...

Awful company

Outdated culture and constant change of management. Poor wages and minimal training . The job title support worker bears no semblance to actual duties.Lots of staff just there to pick up a wage

14 April 2022

Horrible place

Staff are overworked responsibilities are not distributed out properly Patients can be abusive but staff are the worst for being two facedIt is a very judgemental environment for a psychiatric hospital

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Damaging for your own mental health

14 April 2022
Hi,Please contact us at review@cygnethealth.co.uk to determine how we can provide you with a solution. We value our employees' opinions and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention...

I would not recommend working here

Staff turnover is really high because the staff are not supported or fairly treated, so shifts are often understaffed which can put patients at risk. I do not feel that decisions are made based on what is best for the patients, it often comes down to restrictive practices being used in order to ‘protect staff in case something happens’. The salaries for multi-disciplinary team members are significantly lower than those of the NHS or other private healthcare companies and you are not paid for breaks. The atmosphere is stressful and staff are burnt out. Staff frustration is often taken out on patients and I have witnessed staff shouting at patients, rolling their eyes when patients are distressed or engaging in risk behaviours and refusing to work with certain patients because they ‘don’t like them’. There are lots of wonderful people who do work here and genuinely care for the well-being of the patients but it is a shame that these people are the minority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cygnet Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Cygnet Health Care with

• Cygnet Health Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?