Cygnet Health Care

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Bullying,bintimidation,vunderpaid and overworked. Little vlinicsl support. Dreadful.i

Lack of supetvision infact none. Infuction in the home very very poor. Not given yime to be inducted no sypport st all. Low pay and bullying within manzgement. Long hours and shifts all together. Expected to eork nigjt shifts no increase of pay. Home meetings compilsary yo attend on dsys off. Systems in place not. Agression and challenging behaviours facts hidden at interview. Some good dedicated staff work there though.... in all not a good experirnce at all.

Pros

Free lunches, some!!lovely staff

Cons

Long hours all together, low pay night working no extra pay

20 August 2019
Hi,Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently but thank you for providing feedback.Obviously, we're keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details?If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP

Progression and support from management

Throughout my time at Cygnet Lodge Brighouse I have been supported by management in all aspects of my role. There is excellent progression within all roles, there is excellent support for nurses to progress as well as support workers, furthering their career. I have also felt supported and felt I can access support during difficult times. I feel as though I can approach managers and my line managers whenever I need to. Training is always offered aswell as CPD.

Pros

Free lunches, supportive management, progression in all roles

17 May 2021
We are thrilled to have you as part of the Cygnet family! Thank you for sharing your kind words with us. It means the world to us and to our entire team!

a company who do not care about staff / service users

start of the day at handover, feel worried as lots of staff i didnt know, next shift the same. Bank staff who need our regular staff to look after them...shocking. staffing level concerns ignored for years, not really interested never addressed.Number of service users high, also a danger to each other.unanounced CQC Inspections, we knew within weeks they were coming !! within the company many staff made redundant (i know one came back from holiday to find out). also i have seen lots of injuries to staff, not safe. Now i will get official STANDARD reply that they want to put it right lol.

Pros

nice staff, my manager

Cons

long hours, one way loyalty, poor staffing, money making comes first, poor pay

5 January 2021
Hi, Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback. Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details? If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP

Team and Environment

Chaotic,disorganised, and not particularly friendly. The staff employed are often those with extraordinarily little to no experienced taken on by those already working at the facility. This is true of agency healthcare assistant - some may never have worked in such environment but is more often taken on because of who they know. You are left very much to do a lot by yourself with those who are supposed to support having very little themselves to no experience in dealing with a crisis and is often finding excuses to do something else leaving you to carry the burden if mistakes are made. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is time to leave the premises, when you have finally finished certain aspect of the work that those scream at you, putting pressure on you to do the things that they themselves can do when it should be a shared experience.

Pros

Free lunch, either for the lunch time or evening, not twice a day when on duty.

Cons

You don't exactly use the skills you begin the job with, and you never finish work on time.

7 May 2020
Hi,Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing detailed feedback.Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details?If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk<mailto:review@cygnethealth.co.uk> - we will get back to you ASAPThanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.

7 May 2020

As a nurse my job was to delegate tasks to support workers and ensure my shift was run correctly. I worked on a ward with 10 patients with learning dishabilles. I produced care plans and risk assessments and attended MDT meetings in regards to the care of the individuals. Very rewarding job.

Pros

free lunches

16 September 2019
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you enjoyed your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.

Great Place to work

I have worked for the past twelve months. I have enjoyed working here. My colleagues are friendly and supportive. Patient care is held paramount. I have had specialist training to enhance my skills. The management are visible and supportive of staff and patients. They take patients views seriously and act on any issues raise by patients or staff. As a specialist unit there is so much training. Staff are encouraged to be transparent and lessons are learnt when things go wrong. I feel safe working here.

Pros

Specialist training, good staff moral, team work. Prioritizing patients care.

Cons

Long hours.

30 July 2018
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the patients are your priority & focus.

Rewarding place to work, good team, MDT and management.

The hospital has a diverse patient and staff group. For a nurse like me, there is an opportunity to work in other specialist areas such as Deaf services or CAMHS. I find most staff hard working and professional. There are a few staff who are always complaining and seem really unhappy. Not sure why anyone would stay if they hated the place so much. Unfortunately it's these people who end up affecting morale negatively. But I am only interested in my patients and doing a good job. My manager and MDT have been supportive since I started. We have just had a good CQC inspection, which is evidence of a good hospital. I find my role rewarding and look forward to continuing workin here.

Pros

Caring and rewarding work environment

Cons

Limited parking space.

8 June 2018
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see your enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the patients are your priority & focus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cygnet Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6

2.5Job security/advancement

Compare Cygnet Health Care with

• Cygnet Health Care
  • Registered Nurse
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?