DB Schenker Logistics

DB Schenker Logistics Employee Reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,069 reviews

Very warm and welcoming

Nice place to work and colleagues are very welcoming and I personally knew of quite a few people returning back to the workplace because of this. Would def recommend

Prison

Very un organised place , too many lyes and promises from management and no improvements , would never go there again so BEWARE ! Worst experience ever ! orst company i have worked for, 0% of progression unless you become the teachers pet. The managers create new roles just to help a inexperienced friend whilst other staff who have been there for years go on unrecognized. The office as a whole is apart of a "click" . The managers have zero people skills and supervisors are very rude. No training is given you are basically dropped in the deep end, anything that goes wrong it is always the blame game

Pros

Short breaks

Cons

Long hours, no thanks

Work is ok but its run as a friend's and family business so unprofessional

If u not a family or friend it's very difficult for you management are unprofessional it doesn't matter how hard you work I can't write anymore it's very difficult to try an find anything positive to say

productive

Great learning place, good working station, enough facilities, open office, lots of staff, training, secure buildings, good people, lots of job opportunities

It was a very good job and a good place to work in

Good job good work experience and a good all around job at the time. I work in air freight section got all battery fork lifts very nice clean environment nice people. plenty of space to work in and all the gear you need to do your job.

Not people friendly

If your face fits, you will be fine. This company done nothing to stop me being bullied. A younger colleague was openly being disrespectful about me to my face and in front of our manager and nothing was said. In fact because I didn’t fit their credentials, I was purposefully singled out of every conversation. When I reported this to the manager, she said she doesn’t hear it and I’m being over sensitive.

Excellent salary and conditions

Loved my time with this company. Secure job and excellent training with good salary. Only negative is long hours and shift work Job security is excellent and I only left through voluntary redundancy to become a carer for my wife

Pros

Salary and conditions

Cons

Long hours and shift work

Average at best! Much nicer places to work then here.

When I worked here I witnessed so much internal bullying, offensive language, racism and a very low staff morale. The pay was alright and the hours were standard office hours, but the culture at Schenker in Felixstowe was very unpleasant. So many staff here need to re-educate themselves on what is acceptable behaviour. Many employees feeling undervalued, and bullied leading to poor mental health with no support.

Pros

Decent salary

Cons

Low staff morale, no support from management, a lot of internal bullying.

Decent work place.

In all honesty, it's a decent place to work. You have between 10_15 jobs pallatised goods collections and deliverys. You work for 11 hours of the day Monday_ Friday starting between 0500_0700 depending on delivery area. Most days are Achieveable ... and if not you come back when your 11 hours are up. Which is good for work life balance as I am home by 5_6 pm every night without fail. If you have difficulty with anything on the road the office are their to help you as best as possible. The only slight issue I have is the organisation of the route planning, bare in mind were in the year 2019 ... And they use a big map that's stuck on the wall with blue tac ! And they literally go from point A-B using their fingers ... Which causes havoc because on the map it doesn't look far but on the road it's a different case ... So my point is maybe they could implement something more accurate where you input all the postcodes into the system and generates the best route. This would save a lot of time for the driver's and planners ... But overall I am happy with my current Role and would recommend any HGV driver who wants permanent work.

Pros

Good hours, good office support.

Cons

Route planning

It was a good place to work & the staff are very friendly. I enjoyed my time there but I was only there for a short term contract so unfortunately only worked there a few months. The manager I had was the best he listened when you asked him something & did his best to look after his staff. If you go there & work for Dom then you are in good hands as he knows what he’s doing & as long as you work hard & don’t mess around he will help you & look after you. He’s always fair with everyone.

Pros

Good managers & friendly staff

Cons

Can’t always get a full time job

Jobs at DB Schenker Logistics

See more jobs

Stimulating, Challenging - great place to work

Required to manage multiple tenders across multiple verticals within a highly skilled team incl. solutions design, operations, IT, Legal and Finance. Learned negotiating skills with contracts and how to manage a full logistics tender process. Fun and hard working culture, great people to work with on the team. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting customers and seeing opportunities progress. The most difficult part of the job is managing customer expectations.

Pros

Working with a great team of people!

Cons

N/a

fast pace and demanding

highly demanding workplace with few rewards, expected to work more hours than required with ability to be very flexible- very poor work life balance great team of people and can be fun, although many issues/differences internally with staff depending on the contract your working for.

Poor bullying managers

Job was great, BUT be careful with some of the managers there.favourtism is rife.lazy ones rewarded, hardworkers don't get recognised nor rewarded..people kiss a$$$ to get to the top. If you voice your opinion it will go down as a strike, the only great thing about the job was the salary. .there is no flexibility for childless people, but if you have kids you can take as many sick, or days,time off as you want. There's a lot of give give and no take. Approach this place with caution.

Pros

Easy commute.salary is good

Cons

Managers are army sergeants, and lazy keyboard warriors

Productive and good to see benefits

To ensure that ALL locations to a tight Company structure and working process. Being able to see a positive reaction from the locations and the ability to move forward in a structured way.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Not seeing achievements

Good people to work with

Could be a very pressured environment, but the people around you including management would help. The hardest part of the job was never knowing what was going to happen next. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Shift work

Interesting place to work.

Interesting place to work with many services and departments. Colleagues very good and supportive environment. Much support from each office and the managers.

Productive and Busy Office

No day exactly the same learned skills and knowledge to be able to start as a Filing Clerk and working my way to International and UK Billing Supervisor Hardest part of job was tight month end schedules

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

No job security with numerous take-overs and re-organisations

My kind of a workplace

I liked this job as I built good relationship with customers as well as with my work colleagues. Only minus was the lack of a space in the office. But overall I would recommend this place.

Outstanding

Working in this establishment i have had all the support and guidance i required. The staff are outstanding and the management is brilliant to work with

Everything allover the place

A big company with a big name, however there is a lot to wish for. The new comers are thrown onto a dip waters without much of a support. This is perhaps why there is a constant rotation as people cannot withstand continious pressure and burden of the surplus of work.

Pros

Not a lot.

Cons

Obsolite system, slow intranet hampering daily work tasks.

I enjoyed working for db

A good company and management to work for and lot befits like good pension scheme holiday pay and good staff plenty of job opportunities and challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement