DHL

DHL Employee Reviews

Found 2,845 reviews matching the search
I had overall a good working experience at DHL while it lasted. The interview process was smooth. When I started working I was provided the necessary training and any support that was required. My only disappointment is that I wasnt given the job security that was assured at the interview stage.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Job security
I worked for DHL for 8 years doing patient transport. I serviced many hospitals in the London area. Only left because I moved away and wanted semi retirement. A great company to work for
Pros
Take vehicle home
Cons
London traffic
Really enjoyed working for DHL there process was very professional.great opportunities to progress good profit share scheme .Holidays and pay excellent good management well respected colleagues fast paced working environment great pension scheme great all round company to work for x
Pros
Small canteen area and microwave if you bought own lunch
Cons
Occasionally overtime needed to support the Buisness
Fast pace management are a joke and never help the staff you have a day off sick for any reason they will threaten you with the sack think before applying if you are healthy you won't be as you will be driven into the ground think before applying money good but why are they so desperate for people and advertising every week if its so good there (alarm bells ringing) AVOID
Pros
Cons
You will never have a home life what so ever
I enjoyed the work but you don't know what you are doing until you've turned up! That could range from a 4 to a 15 hour shift! Every driver gets messed around here as they cannot formulate a plan until the last minute and that could change during the shift! 15 experienced drivers left this year in the first 3 months for the same reasons. Not everyone can be wrong!It could be a great job if ran correctly but sadly i couldn't stick around any longer to wait for a 'what if'!
Pros
Good work and trucks.
Cons
The not knowing what you are doing until you get there!
I love to work dhl because good management, nice work nights because time go fast and busy cant learn new thing from team leader and good communication.
Pros
Cons
Excellent
Keep smiling, your on film, in cab camera watching your every move, AI technology constantly monitoring your activity in the cab. Prepare for many 'coaching sessions from unqualified management and if your really lucky, more formal meetings.
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
Bad management, excessive work and stress, no brakes only a 30 min brake, no toilet brakes as you are not allowed to go to the toilet more than 2 times a day and you have to inform your manager if you have to go, repetitive work moving the same stock over and over again from warehouse to warehouse, can’t get holidays even if you book them 2 months in advance as they don’t have enough staff. Worked there for an year did my best to get a better job in the company and they don’t really care I got fired for wanting a better position.
Pros
The top management, staff and my colleagues were very good. The use of SLAM is excellent. Keen interest in quality of product delivered. Quality control is excellent. A lot of care has been taken to keep the employees safe during this pandemic. All I can say is that it is amazing amazing and amazing place to work.
Treated like dirt. The office staff for the most part are incapable of helping or talking to drivers with any respect. You are just a bum in a seat until you make an error then all of a sudden you are a professional who is blamed for everything that goes wrong
Pros
Cons
long hours, heavy work, lack of respect
Would not advise working here. Staff moral is very low and not 1 person has a good word to say about the company, they are always moaning. You wont get trained as there is no time for anyone to train you right across the board(warehouse and office). The warehouse system doesnt work as there's always stock put in wrong place but as they've spent millions, they wont change it or correct it. Your break for full 12 hour shift will be a staggering 30 minutes only! Holidays will mostly be declined as they are always short staffed.
Cons
I worked for this company in the night shift until 21.03.2021.we were fired about 250 employees without being told anything in advance.Management said they found out 2 days in advance.I do not recommend working with this company in the future.Management is very weak.I worked for NHS on packing tests covid. We were firedbecause orders had dropped.Thank you nhs and dhl.this is the reward for keyworkers.
Pros
Coleague
Cons
Poor Management
Can be a very heavy job .sometimes there is no staff to off load.so you have to do the delivery your self. To help out..then you pick recycling up.so that the store is clear of rubbish. And get your delivery signed for.
Pros
Cons
Can be long hour's
Team work is Quite good in DHL.. taking good responsibility to complete target. Very productive and fun work Place.I enjoyed working in DHL.theres is no stressful.
U’ll get long days and u’ll get dead easy days, but it’s transport so expect unexpected.In the overall it’s hard but decent job, company policy is transparent (you’ve got a problem or concern - you will get help) and might be a bit strict but if you’ll follow the rules you won’t get bollocked simple as that.
Pros
Job security, good management
Cons
Really hard work sometimes, work/life balance
It was the last job I had on today's date and the longest I had that made me learn and develop a lot in me. I had a very good team to work with, which provided good working days and work efficiency. An important detail: the company paid well at the time
Working there was ok up until now but they decided to change our working hours without any consultation or notice. Its quite shocking that they just decided to totally change work hours and turn our families and life outside work upside down. Very upsetting and many will leave. No more two days off together anymore- or once in a while. Weekends are destroyed for us and some have to work several days in a row to get a day off. They could have done it in a better way and encourage weekend work with some incentives. What they have done now is shocking and unacceptable. They don't care what it means for anyone. If you don't like it: leave. Don't buy promise: this 4 days in, 4 days off...Hope many will leave and this will be a wake up call for them as once everything opens after lockdwon people will change jobs and leave this horrible place with poor managment.
Pros
money
Cons
hours are crazy now
Associates fantastic Day Shift Managers waste of time No cultureNo Moral Lack of development for AssociatesBlame culture from Day Shift ManagersDay shift Managers very Sneaky
Pros
People you work with fantastic pay not to bad
Cons
Day shift managers complete waste of time good job they have fantastic Team Leaders around them
Loved working here. Only downside there on contracts for customers. Our site was closed due to relocation miles away. We was all devastated it was like family best, place ive ever worked in 40years eorking. Brilliant management & staff wish i could go back
Pros
Canteen, free tea & coffee
Cons
Shift patterns 5 from 7
A few good people lol., don't go If you want training or progression, gets slayed by the hauliers you work with , pathetic guidance to help you work
Pros
Cons
Long hours no extra pay or thankyou
I think everywhere where every you go is always the same. Either you got very poor management or bad people. Unfortunately this two things are most important to be happy coming to work but most likely we go because we need to pay bills and support ourself and family . There are not many companies where you are so fortunate to love the job, people and place. I think we always can find what we want if you want to look for perfect job.
  1. Employee reviews