DA Languages

DA Languages Employee Reviews

I have started my career as an interpreter with DA Languages. All the project managers were always very helpful and nice. They also offer glossaries on their website, where one can start learning more and more words. Unfortunately, the only downside is the payment. The rate is quite low (£11.50) and the travelling time is not paid, which is quite bad, considering I have spent hours on busses and trains in order to get to the requested place. Nowadays, I would prefer to attend a job of another agency, rather than the DA's assignments, just because of the rates. My main suggestion is to become competitive, otherwise, they might not find a suitable translator in the time of need and lose some money. Leaving all this behind, I would like to say thank you for giving me the chance. When you start working, people always seek for experienced translators/interpreters, but who is there to give you the first chance into the world? DA Languages was my first chance, and I must be grateful.
Pros
- Great for a first job in the interpreting world, Great project managers at your side helping with all the possible issues, Provide material and glossaries that can help people learn new words.
Cons
Rates are too low, Payments are made after 2 months of work (which is quite bad if you need to pay rent), No travel time paid.
Been here for 4 weeks and I have nothing but good energy whilst working for DA Languages. The working culture is great, friendly staff and management! A real level of respect.
Poor management, lack of transparency and effective communicationNo clear policies when paying. They promise to pay mileage and parking costs, but they never do. No one takes responsibility.A truly vomiting experience.
Stay clear of this company. They offer a very poor rate, and even after negotiation, they fail to pay their dues. I was showered with job offers via emails and SMSs, and when I provided them with my services for a couple of months, they didn't pay me. They failed to reply to my emails and stopped sending me any jobs!!!
Pros
No pros whatsoever
Cons
Poor rate and failure to pay their dues
From the moment I joined DA Languages I felt very welcome and a valued member of the team. Everyone is really friendly and supportive which gave me the confidence to succeed in my job.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Repetitive work
Working at DA Languages has given me plenty of opportunities to be upskilled into different departments and learn more about how the company works. The place has a very nice, familial feel about it and I enjoy working with my colleagues.
Pros
Culture, opportunities, employee engagement
I think the fact that I am working in a environment that leads me use my communication skills as much as I do in this job is very helpful for me, I this this job will help me develop several transferrable skills
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
long distance from my house to the office
This is my first experience in an office environment. I have felt welcome since my first interview. Everyone is kind and professional and I would strongly recommend DA Languages to everyone. Not only is a great opportunity which, gives you the possibility to come in contact with people of diverse cultures and beliefs, bringing everyone together, but it gives everyone a chance to pursue a different career even if your background is different.Thank you all
I was told that train travel costs was included when I be offered interpreting jobs by the man who contacted me. This is a lie. He told me a high amount for the jobs but the people who book the jobs tell me a lower amount. I have left many messages for the boss of the recruiter team but he never returns my call.
you don't have much work anyways. And randomly you get some job but mostly inconvenient cause its last minute. And I like it just not enough work. I might try something similar but from home in the future
Pros
Skills
Cons
Far away
D.A. Languages is a fairly interesting company to work for as it has become a national company with interpreters throughout the U.K but very much has the small business familial attitude towards it's employees. My colleagues are all kind and helpful and assist me with both my job and coursework.
Pros
good coworkers, every day is different
Cons
Some things can be confusing at first and the job takes a while to get used to. can be stressful.
I think they have the lowest payment rate for the interpreters, £12/h then £10/h for the next hours, divided at minute. The phone interpreting is paid even lower than this. The payment is once at 2 months too i.e all your jobs done in August are paid in October. If you have any respect for your work and for your time and money invested in training as an interpreter, enhanced DBS, etc., then do not work for them.It's a shame they got NHS Lancashire and NHS Merseyside. I wonder if they actually know how much an interpreter is paid. I know you can't make a living out of interpreting but this company is absolutely shambles. Please stop encouranging these kind of companies and working for them, it affects us all.
Pros
Cons
very low payment
This company is reliable. I never had problems with pay and they have going lots of work but still is not enough for a full time job. As an interpreter,I am getting usually jobs for an hour. The pay rate could be better due to travel to different places. It’s a great job and it’s convenient for earning an extra cash with other income. Friendly and helpful staff.
Pros
Flexible work
Cons
Not for living wage
17 August 2020
Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback, it is greatly appreciated! If you would like to discuss payments/expenses further please email iprecruitment@dalanguages.co.uk Thank you again! DA Languages
Great place to work with lots of opportunities to progress and learn for everyone. The people are friendly and great to work with and overall there's a real 'family feel' to the business.
Pros
Culture, opportunities, benefits
13 August 2020
Thank you for your positve feedback, it is greatly appreciated! We are delighted to know that you feel welcome and involved within DA Languages.
This is a shame such companies exist, they put a very bad stain on a very difficult and noble profession. It is disgraceful that they think £12 an hour for interpreting is acceptable and please do not work with them in order to protect our profession.
Pros
Cons
WELL UNDERPAID and sensitive medical matters in the hands of UNQUALIFIED translators/interpreters
13 August 2020
We are disappointed to hear about your experience with DA Languages, please know we take feedback like this very seriously and apologise for the delay in reaching out to yourself. Please contact iprecuitment@dalanguages.co.uk if you would like to discuss the further and reach a resolution. Thank you.
DA Languages is a hyper growth company changing and evolving constantly at an incredible pace, A really good opportunity to learn something new every day, and you learn to change and adapt quickly! The environment is inclusive, diverse, fast paced and highly energetic. Everyone is friendly and approachable. Brilliant team who always go out of their way to help.
13 August 2020
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, it is greatly appreciated and we are always delighted to hear that our employees feel included and welcome at DA Languages. Thank you!
They do not pay at a fixed day, so you will have to wait monthes to get paid. But at the end of the day you see that for all you travels, and stresses this payments doesn't answer your needs.
13 August 2020
We are sorry to hear you have had an unsatisfactory experience with DA Languages, please know we take feedback like this very seriously and apologise for the delayed response. Please email iprecruitment@dalanguages.co.uk to discuss this matter further. Thank you.
Keeps you busy with lots of different things, so at least you can say you'll never be bored. Good opportunity for growth and developing skills within your role.
13 August 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback we are happy to hear that you enjoy working at DA Languages. We appreciate your feedback and would love to know more about how we can get that 5 stars from you!
Really horrible company to work for absolutely no respect for interpreters. Avoid at all costs huge waste of time. You can't earn a living that's for sure. I received about 5 offers in my area face to face interpreting in the whole year that's like £100 i drove to another town and it was cancelled one time but i did get paid. They have telephone jobs also that's. It's the most humiliating nonsense ever. I received some calls and sometimes they don't even connect to the person and just hangs up on you. They say i'm a doctor and i'll connect to my patient. You should do this in the first place not later on. You have to be some kind of doctor and know every single disease otherwise it's useless. Sometimes they will laugh at you for no reason maybe because you didn't say word correctly i'm not British anyway so of course i have an accent. Prepare to become a demented old circus monkey if you want to work in this circus.
13 August 2020
We are disappointed to hear about your unfortunate experience with DA Languages. We take all feedback very seriously especially the kind which you have provided as we want to constantly be improving our service and recruitment. Please email iprecruitment@dalanguages.co.uk to discuss this further and reach a resolution. Thank you.
Started working for the company few months ago, and have greatly enjoyed my experience. Great support from everybody in the team, and always try to work to the highest standard. Sometimes does feel understaffed, but that's a reality of work at times and sometimes there are worse and better days, can't lie about that, but overall a great place to work for.
I started working here recently having worked previously in a different industry. This is a friendly, relaxed place to work with supportive managers and a workforce who help each other out. Day-to-day you'll deal with a range of diverse and interesting jobs and no two days are the same. Great prospects for advancement.
  1. Employee reviews