Daily Poppins

Daily Poppins Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom29 reviews

hourdaytimejobworkstartworkinggood

Relaxed but poor pay

The manager and workers might have changed since I worked here, but I remember it being a good relaxed team, respectful manager who didn't put too much pressure on their workers. The problem is that you spend a lot of the day in the car driving to locations and you are not paid for this time. I remember only getting about £60 per week from here which isn’t much. They pay in cash. The job itself is easy, you will go to houses in a team of 3. Not a massive time pressure or anything, and no one nitpick the quality of your work, just do your best. The customers were very nice too and you got to see beautiful (rich) houses.

Not good to work for

Having been there about 5weeks the manger leaves all the work to team leaders over worked long days only get paid for house cleaning time spend hours travelling with only 12 minutes travel time but can spend 50 minutes in traffic Very nit picking team leaders very clicky team talk behind your back never can get hold of manger does not resolve issues

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours not paid

Insights into Daily Poppins

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Never again

Nothing positive to say Poorly managed, unorganisedstaff driving without licence.Staff look through clients bills and wage slips. Get sent here there and everywhere for example all the way to Windsor for one client don’t get paid for travel in between. Only paid for the houses/apartments completed so if a client isn’t home and you don’t have access you DON’T get paid. Long hours for ‘part time’ 8am start sometimes not finishing gone 7pm. Staff having cigarette breaks that cut into the days hours.Homes could have up to 4 staff in at one time, you pay for a 2/3 hour clean but staff are only there for 30 mins.

Pros

Cons

long hours Not paid for travel time

Stressful and overall terrible work environment

Don’t bother working for this company. They will suck the joy out of your life. There are few people you will get along with. The bosses don’t care. Rubbish pay. Not valued. Really, don’t bother.

Pros

You can go home

Cons

Most of the job

No respect..

Good to start of with... then went down hill when new Owner took over... there no respect for staff and customers . You are lied to daily and expect to cover when you are on holiday or days off.. new owner a complete nightmare

Cons

No respect

Don’t work for them

In the beginning they pretend to be nice to get you on board, once they get you on board you see their true colours. This company don’t care about you, they only care about money, they don’t care if the job you’re doing is stressful or difficult or detrimental to your health they just care at the pound signs. If you want to make a client happy by doing a little work you will be told off because they will ask you to charge that clients for that extra work you have done.

used to be good!

used to be so good when the old management was there.. since new ones taken over everything has been run to the ground! They have no idea what they are doing and they are all 2 faced

Poor never worked at worse

Poor management talks to you like rubbished no communication poor pay and out all day no paperwork rips off old people unreliable owner sure she was drunk

Awful

Awful company to work for. Awful rate of pay. And you will lose your job if your children become sick and you can’t get to work because of needing to look after them.

Fun workplace

I loved working for daily Poppins! My boss was very nice and understanding and reasonable. The job was fun as it was different every day! it was mind stimulating as you was constantly doing something.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

Physical work

Hard working environment

Very enjoyable job though hard work cleaning people's properties. Management were always very supportive in the day to day duties given to the cleaners and they were always very fair.

Good hours for working around school times.

Good job for parents who have children the hours work around school hours. Pay is reasonable paid fortnightly so this benefit alot . Monday to friday no weekends. No tax . If you have a full driving licence then a company car is issued whilst employed with the company .

Good Company to work for.

Usually 37.5 hrs/week, managament seems to quite easy going and can compromise on qute few things. As always going home is best part :)

Hard Work, Less Fast Pace, Not Every Day Same

This was housekeeping work in ordinary homes. Standards high but not as intensive as in working in hotels. The company always had regular work for team of 9 - 12 people. There are Daily Poppins franchises all over UK. The cleaning company has extended its service portfolio to other cleaning household work e.g. carpet cleaning, windows, gardening etc., Good working hours you start early at 8am and finish early at 4pm. Daily Poppins is part of a franchise that anyone can take part in and run the business themselves independently. The couple that ran this branch in Watford were from Italy. Really lovely, wonderful and fair people.

Pros

Hard work, less fast pace

Cons

Not enough work

cleaner

Working at daily poppins meant starting at 7am and coming back 7pm but only got paid 6 hours per day. Travel time was not paid. All day away from home

Pros

you meet different people

Cons

all day away from home and not paid well at all

Flexible and fun...

I've worked in the Dundee Daily Poppins for 8 months and really like the fact that we get to go out and have responsibility for our own time management. Sometimes getting breaks in is tricky but and we sometimes end up with lots of little breaks rather than one long one. Boss has appointed a manager which has made a big difference and things are much more organised than when I started. Pay is higher than some other cleaning jobs and there is potential to advance if we do our job well. I love getting to know some of the customers, hardest bit is when they die or get sick... :-(

Pros

Freedom! Not stressful, don't have to think too hard...

Cons

sometimes unpredictable days if customers cancel etc...

work

I work in teams of 2 or 3, we work around st helens area. I ususally work between 8.30 -3pm so I can do school hours. We clean private and commercial properties

Well managed keen eye for detail. Amazing staff polite and friendly very helpful and open. Excellent work ethic and effort made to create a perfect clean for a house.

Pros

Hours flexible

Cons

No breaks

Really good boss and chance to get bonus

The job is basic but fun as we always work in pairs. Team Leader gets paid a bit more and we can earn a bonus if we get good feedback from customers or refer new customers.Owner is helpful with my personal circumstances and always tries to be flexible. Sometimes driving time is not quite enough but averages out in the end.

Pros

Friendly team, free uniform, easy job!

Cons

Sometimes long days, average pay

Don't waste your time

Poor company. Too much work taken on, for example they will say you have two hours per job when actually it's 1 hour with two people & even then you have to rush and most of the time you're only in someone's property for 45 minutes. (Please bear in mind most of the time these are not small properties). How are you expected to clean a kitchen, two or more bathrooms, cloakroom, hoover, dust & mop the house & tidy in 1 hour with two people? Absolutely laughable. Impossible to do a proper clean & because you're so under pressure you'll struggle to do any extras the customer has requested (bed changing etc), which makes you look lazy and unprofessional. They're more concerned with you making the place look shiny and new rather than any real cleaning. On top of this you have to squeeze in filling out the paperwork to say what you've done and deal with payment. Driving between jobs is rarely accounted for which adds to the rush. 7 jobs in one day, ridiculous. You'll start at around 7:30am & you'll be very lucky to finish before 5. Absolutely no real breaks, just 10 minutes having a quick snack in the car. High turnover of staff which means you'll rarely be given the same jobs and customers will complain when new people come and do a poor job and you'll have to work twice as hard to fix their poor work. Staff stressed and annoyed with having to train as so many people come and go which means they have a terrible attitude. You'll be given a huge amount of work plus driving so you'll be absolutely exhausted. New trainees thrown straight in the deep end and no proper training given, expected -

Pros

Company car if you drive, petrol paid, no weekends, cleaning supplies & uniform given. Keeps you physically fit.

Cons

Too many jobs in a day, poor management, pay doesn't reflect hours, high turnover of staff, no real breaks, mostly everything about this company.

out and about which was great

i had a good team to work with which made our days more fun and enjoyable, days are flexible which was great has I had to work round my children. the only down fall was not getting paid while you travel you only get paid for the jobs

Pros

work around children

Cons

you could be out all day and only get paid for the jobs you have done not the driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daily Poppins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement