Dale Care Ltd

Dale Care Ltd Employee Reviews

Management don't look after staff at all.No loyalty no matter how long you have worked there.Don't look after staff at all, all they care about is covering calls.
Pros
Cons
Lies
Company didn't have best start. Took on staff for jobs that wasn't available. Was good to begin with after that then all went to pot. Ran around like a headless chicken, brought people in from far away area that had no clue was they was doing and let the better staff go! Pay you on minute pay
Cons
Management have zero care for staff. No onward courses or qualifications offered. No travel time between calls which will always make you late unless you rush through clients which affects the care you are providing. No appreciation from management, can be rude when they want to, no respect given. Would not work here unless totally desperate and have no family life.
Pros
Get to meet lovely clients
Cons
Management rude. No travel time
This company are fantastic for you as long as your running yourself into the ground. Management are horrendous and do not give one iota about the staff in the slightest. Avoid this company like the plague. Clients are lovely shame about the way they are managed from those above.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Poor management, badly organised
The management done care about there clients or caregivers! They make you go out even when your ill. They give no support whatsoever! Hour’s are unsociable and if there’s any complaints against you (which happens even if there not actually bad) they penalise you and don’t want to know your side of story! The company is an absolute joke!!!
Pros
Clients and staff are lovely
Cons
Bad management, unsociable hours, bad pay for what you actually have to do in job
Would recommend dale care to anyone!!!! Awful company to work for. Got told was an 40 hour contract but was on 0 hours!!! Hardly given no shifts!!!! Clients are lovely. Management are POOR!!!! Money ain’t decent!! Got told I was on full time no way was that full time at all! Would never work for them ever again. If your thinking of joining DONT!!!! You’ll regret it just like I did. Other ladies from my training are regretting it too!!! So shows what a company they are!!!!Definitely can’t live on their money!!! Might sound a lot but when you actually start you get rubbish earnings for a month!!!
Pros
Good clients
Cons
Bad wages, poor management, false information about their job available, hardly no shifts
Been with this company 3 months now and absolutely love it the staff are lovely and will always help if there is a problem would definitely recommend
Good to work for, just expect a lot in short periods of time. The pay was alright i suppose standard for carers. Staff alright some not but you get that anywhere.
When I started, I was promised flexibility due to my own disability and didn't get any of it. Office staff were horrible to carers and clients, clique-y behaviour from carers in care homes. Was forced to resign by line manager when I said I couldn't cope with lack of walking time, hours were erratic, nothing like promised. Wouldn't recommend unless you want to be miserable.
Great company helped me when i needed a job worked around me i lived getting to know the service users gave me great skills that i still thrive with daily
The management team is dreadful unapproachable and unorganised. I had no contact with my line manager after my first week to see how I managed or if I had any concerns. Either too many calls or very few from day to day. I had nothing like the hours promised at interview. There was no back up from the office and when I called my line manager she was not available and didn’t call back. My rota was change on a daily basis at the last minute and didn’t account for travelling time between calls. It is the clients I feel sorry for most complained about having a different Carer day to day and complained about office staff being rude to them.
Pros
Lovely service users
Cons
Inconsistent calls poor support
I would not recommend this company to anyone. This job takes you away from your home life and you are expected to drop everything to go out and cover calls that are normally not in your area. Not enough walking time in between calls or sometimes not enough calls to go round every carer so having to wait up to 6 hours in between calls. Office staff do not know anything about the service users, they have really bad communication skills and treat everyone like a glorified servant. Only enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have assisted the elderly to live independently.
Staff are not helpful, office staff change rotas and expect you to travel more than you put down as distance in your interview. Patients are not cared for like they should be.
Pros
part time
Cons
rubbish system
Poor management and organisation. Had to spend a couple of hours before my shift rearranging my rota to suit the clients. Rota would constantly change with no prior warning, hours that were stipulated prior to accepting the job, calls were put on me outside of those despite numerous times of telling them. Double up calls second Carer wouldn’t turn up as they’d scheduled them a different time to arrive. Promised a contract but given zero hour. Even other Carers who had been there over three years were still on zero hour contracts! Raised concerns over other Carers or residents but nothing was done despite being promised action would be taken. Poor company.
Coordinator s are so unorganised ,you not allowed a social life ,awful place to work,really feel for the service users ,they never know who is going to turn up and what time
Loved the work itself, had good clients and colleagues. Office staff let down the carers and clients through their lack of support and poor communication skills. This continued to deteriorate through the 8 years I worked there until it became embarrassing at times.
Awful company, no cate for clients or staff. Don’t like you being genuinely ill. Awful. Managemt. Are awful. Other staff are nice but very clicky would not recommend at all
Worked for dale care for 10 years..management especially hr manager he speaks to carers like dirt on his shoe!! Had me in tears he’s that nasty..had a bad few months health wise and never got shown any support was treated like dirt..nice after 10 years service..!!!not the same company anymore..avoid at all costs
The services users are very friendly and I loved working for them it was some of the staff I found it difficult working with some of them were rude, negative and expected me to pick up hours on top of my own which was hard to manage they give you all the hours god sends I only had 2 days off a fortnight and even then they would ring up and ask me to cover. It was stressful and I was dismissed for personal reasons.
Decent business, although i was never given the correct mileage in with my wage. That aside i adored each and every one of my clients and built great bonds and trust with them all
I have worked for dale care for 5 year now having started as a care worker and quickly progressed to auxiliary. I worked in Gateshead for 2 year during which time I gained level 2 and level 3 in health and social care with great support from tutors and management. I even passed my maths yey😁 level 2 which I was not very confident with. When I saw there was an area supervisor post available I handed my cv in with no hesitation as the job description sounded just what I had worked hard for. I was so pleased to be offered the position and it is honestly the best job I have ever had. No 2 days are the same, sometimes quite stressful but always very fulfilling being able to help service users and carers alike with any problems they may have. I hope I have built up a good relationship with service users, work colleagues and carers, who know they can contact me anytime they need any support. There is always room for progression within this company and the pay is canny too😆
  1. Employee reviews