Dale Care Ltd
Dale Care Ltd Employee Review

Not great at all

11 January 2018
Worked for this company for 4 months. Initially I was told I would be working in the place where I live, this never happened. The company asks you at the begging what hours you are available to work, you tell them, then without consulting you they change your availability to suit them. I found I was spending a huge amount on petrol and receiving around a quater of it back. Weekends are terrible. Worked from 6:30 on a morning till 10:30 at night with only two 20 minute breaks. You do not get time to travel from call to Call. My area coordinator was not helpful at all, in fact she was probably one of the main reasons that I left the company. On many occasions I emailed a query and was completely ignored. Tried several times for several different dates for holidays and all were refused. The hours of work is unpredictable. Some weeks you are running from call to call and other you might have an hours work per day. When you are not at work they are still calling you or texting. If you are not bothered about having a life outside of work then this company is for you.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Long hours, petrol costs, not enough breaks on a weekend, unpredictable work
Official response from Dale Care Ltd
11 April 2018
Hi.I would like to look into this further for you can you please email me with more details carol.jackson@dalecare.co.uk Thank you
6 June 2020
Same role
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) - Byker, Tyne and Wear
When I started, I was promised flexibility due to my own disability and didn't get any of it. Office staff were horrible to carers and clients, clique-y behaviour from carers in care homes. Was forced to resign by line manager when I said I couldn't cope with lack of walking time, hours were erratic, nothing like promised. Wouldn't recommend unless you want to be miserable.
26 January 2020
Same role
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) - Crook
Staff are not helpful, office staff change rotas and expect you to travel more than you put down as distance in your interview. Patients are not cared for like they should be.
Pros
part time
Cons
rubbish system
24 September 2019
Same location
Carer (Former Employee) - Durham, Durham
Decent business, although i was never given the correct mileage in with my wage. That aside i adored each and every one of my clients and built great bonds and trust with them all