Dale Care Ltd

Dale Care Ltd Employee Reviews in Crook

Management don't look after staff at all.No loyalty no matter how long you have worked there.Don't look after staff at all, all they care about is covering calls.
Pros
Cons
Lies
The management done care about there clients or caregivers! They make you go out even when your ill. They give no support whatsoever! Hour’s are unsociable and if there’s any complaints against you (which happens even if there not actually bad) they penalise you and don’t want to know your side of story! The company is an absolute joke!!!
Pros
Clients and staff are lovely
Cons
Bad management, unsociable hours, bad pay for what you actually have to do in job
Been with this company 3 months now and absolutely love it the staff are lovely and will always help if there is a problem would definitely recommend
Good to work for, just expect a lot in short periods of time. The pay was alright i suppose standard for carers. Staff alright some not but you get that anywhere.
Staff are not helpful, office staff change rotas and expect you to travel more than you put down as distance in your interview. Patients are not cared for like they should be.
Pros
part time
Cons
rubbish system
Poor management and organisation. Had to spend a couple of hours before my shift rearranging my rota to suit the clients. Rota would constantly change with no prior warning, hours that were stipulated prior to accepting the job, calls were put on me outside of those despite numerous times of telling them. Double up calls second Carer wouldn’t turn up as they’d scheduled them a different time to arrive. Promised a contract but given zero hour. Even other Carers who had been there over three years were still on zero hour contracts! Raised concerns over other Carers or residents but nothing was done despite being promised action would be taken. Poor company.
Coordinator s are so unorganised ,you not allowed a social life ,awful place to work,really feel for the service users ,they never know who is going to turn up and what time
I have worked for dale care for 5 year now having started as a care worker and quickly progressed to auxiliary. I worked in Gateshead for 2 year during which time I gained level 2 and level 3 in health and social care with great support from tutors and management. I even passed my maths yey😁 level 2 which I was not very confident with. When I saw there was an area supervisor post available I handed my cv in with no hesitation as the job description sounded just what I had worked hard for. I was so pleased to be offered the position and it is honestly the best job I have ever had. No 2 days are the same, sometimes quite stressful but always very fulfilling being able to help service users and carers alike with any problems they may have. I hope I have built up a good relationship with service users, work colleagues and carers, who know they can contact me anytime they need any support. There is always room for progression within this company and the pay is canny too😆
When i was working with dale care the working hours were very good you could specify what hours you were looking for and the co coordinators would do their best to work with you. I enjoyed meeting new people as well as creating relationships with my regular service users, the downside is that you dont get to work with other staff that often.
27 December 2018
Thank you for your review. A lot of carers would agree that one of the most enjoyable parts of the role is meeting new people and developing a rapport with them. Unfortunately, the nature of the role means that you don’t get the chance to work with other carers, however hopefully spending time with the service users more than makes up for this. As regards the working hours, we do try and be as accommodating as possible with giving carers what they want.
i liked helping out round my local community and i built a lot of great relationships and really enjoyed the work i done. on the other hand the organisation of my schedules and such were very off puting. I know everything will have their downsides but I was working alot of anti social hours and not getting paid for them or paid late. the people i worked with i thought were very territorial and instead of working together they seemed to work aginst you. this did not apply to everyone i workedwith i made some good friends. I learned a lot about the needs of other people, a lot about medicines, day to day care and responsibility management treat you like dirt on there shoe they don't know what care is
Pros
service users
Cons
long hrs under pay management
Working here is ok if you can tolerate doing your co ordinaters job. God forbid you have kids to look after not very understanding ridiculous expectations ask hours to work and change it all anyway no willingness to cover shifts if needed always given grief if you call the office been with them a couple of years and going to be leaving due to communication failures and false promises. Only good thing is the service users you see. Bad millage pay and no traveling time have to be magic or willing to leave the house earlier and get back later and you don't get paid for it. Get complaints of not enough staff one week over worked the next no hours and weekends are ridiculously full sometimes starting at 520am just to get calls covered who wants to be woken up then. Shambles
27 June 2018
I am disappointed to read of the experience that you have had whilst working at Dale Care. I would encourage all employees to address issues such as these with their coordinator or refer them to our HR department in order to achieve an amicable resolution. I cannot comment specifically on your situation, however from your review it seems as though you are still working for ourselves so I would hope that we are able to address your concerns sooner rather than later and prevent you from leaving. Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as all comments, whether positive or negative, can help us to improve.
I felt that working with Dale Care LTD opened me up to new skills and different people and clients. There were also chances to complete CPD through training provided by the company and the clients where wonderful.
Pros
Meeting new clients
27 June 2018
Thank you for your comments. The training we offer is something that as a company we pride ourselves on and we often receive positive comments from both experienced carers, and those new to care work, about this.
this is a rewarding job with friendly staff and clients. this job realy lets you make a difference in someones life. with the chance to be out and about and fit life around what you want
Awful, self centered company where the directors get richer and the care staff struggle to make ends meet. Rude towards staff not understanding with anything outside work or making money. Taking extra calls that put other clients at risk.
Pros
Non
Cons
Hate working here staff are rude and never get anything done the office is lacking communcation skills and the hours are stupid couldnt afford to run my car with the bad hours care side was lovely.
Pros
Free training and uniform
Cons
Long hours and bad communcations skills in office
5 September 2017
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to read of the experience you had working for Dale Care as this is not what we would hope for our employees, past,present or future. I am unable to comment specifically on your situation without further detail, however, it seems as though there was a problem with the hours that you were working. We encourage all of staff to engage with their line manager if they have any issues, no matter what that may be. If employees still feel that issues are not being addressed then there are further channels (HR for instance) which can be gone through to discuss also. We understand the importance of listening to our employees, no matter what the issue, and on this occasion it seems as though we have failed to do so, which has led to someone unfortunately making the decision to leave the company. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review as, whilst negative, it does provide us with something to consider and take on board in order to prevent other employees experiencing the same situation as yourself.
At first I enjoyed working at Dale Care, but it quickly became apparent if you weren't with the'in crowd'you were fighting a losing battle, very clicky people, who never hsd the time or inclination to be supportive.
Pros
good pay
Cons
limited if no training. doing multi job roles
lots of hours avaible and very flexible on what you work. staff very friendly and helpful. must be able to work every other weekend, and no holidays aloud over the christmas and new year period
great for family life balance, great clients, freedom of working on your own cons would be the system doesnt always work so constantly receiving calls to check that you have attended a call paperwork required coming up to pay day doing inputs
you can be in and out all day with this job not being able to have a proper break, I learned moving and handling, medication most importantly how to respect someones dignity encourage them to do things thereselves,managment are very helpful, its not the best place for co workers as they can be very two faced. hardest part of the job is seeing service users upset, most enjoyable is seeing you have helped someone or made them smile
Early starts and late finishes with home care but you do get some time to yourself usually in the afternoons before tea calls start.I met some lovely carers and some lovely service users. It's a challenging job but sad at times but on the whole i love the job.I have had no problem with management or the coordinators and any problems were ironed out quickly, the down side is the zero hour contract as no two weeks are the same work can drop very quickly , you will never be rich with home care. keep an open mind.
Pros
lovely service users and knowing you make a difference.
Cons
working 12 days to get 2 off is very tiring.
27 February 2017
Thank you for your review.The role is challenging and not for everyone, however, the challenge is one of the reasons that a lot of people apply. Also the reward of making a difference to people’s lives on a daily basis. As regards the working pattern, based on feedback from past and present employees then this is something which we have looked to address and now offer a range of flexible work patterns to help employees maintain a healthy work/ life balance.
I have worked for dale care for three years and although I love my job and the service users I go too, the over all communication from office to carer is discusting. Important information isn't passed on to you, they add people too your rota without telling you, which then leads to a safe guarding problem when people need medication administered. Going to calls when people are still in hospital or unforchently passed away is horrible, not giving you the right times to go to people's home which can frustrate service users a lot and we are left to apologies, no information about service users needs or important information like keycodes so to get in to the homes. 99% of my calls is chasing up all information stated above. No consistansy of care to service users. Any concerns seem to be dismissed. Hours are up and down in my area ranging from a good full day too ten hours for the whole week, having to travel to far off villages just to try and get hours in and not been payed travling costs if it's been over an hour is shocking. And still they are advatising for jobs on the internet because there is such a high turn over of staff. Perhaps they need to look after their long term staff, which wouldn't have people running for the hills after a month or so. No loyalty for been a long term employee, if your off for a while they give all your regular clients away who you have gone too for yers and you have to start at the bottom again even when they garenteed you them back. No compassion for employees, one time when I was finishing at half 9 at night, my exhorst fell off I rang - more...
Pros
Clients, other care staff
Cons
Communication lack of humanity
27 February 2017
Thank you for your comments. As a company, we are always looking for ways in which we can improve and it is feedback from past and present carers which provides us with an opportunity to do this. From your comments it is clear that you feel as though communication was an issue and as a result caused you problems in your role. This is not acceptable and I am concerned that this was your experience as this is not what you or any other carer should expect working at Dale Care.Without knowing the specific circumstances that you mention I cannot comment directly on them, but I am disappointed that I was not given the opportunity to address these. However, from the comments made I will be ensuring that our procedures are addressed to ensure that other carers, both present and future, do not encounter the same problems that you did and are made to feel valued as an employee of Dale Care.